Tok Kok Sing Song Part 30 - To infinity & beyond

Jman888

Turbocharged
Just now, Mazdaowner said:

What I wrote are not fabricated facts, we went thru all that and more. You are LUKCY because you have parents to help you, My Dad passed on when I was 8, and it spiral down there after with a so called mother who was more involved with "herself" than anything else. My in laws helped me with my spinal operation, plus a little here and there, we couldn't and wouldn't dare ask for assistance either, transfer and exchange rates were killers. Many of my friends often tell my boys, "You know why you so big size and strong is because of drinking expired S26! :D:D:D

You can always come in here and voice out, or PM me, I'm here to help and give you insight to 3 boys parenting. :D 

it sounds like i have to. my wife side ... all girls. even my MIL was like wtf... why all boys .. (she had 3 girls, so she prefers girls). 

those with all boys tell me the first decade or two is tougher, but the rewards come much later.

my wife friend with 3 girls says shes very happy, all her 3 girls sayang her. 

i guess everyone mileage may vary.

i think i only started visiting the forums more recent, now that i can work more (from work). during WFH, every 5 min, or during zoom meeting, my wife is asking me to carry one of the twin cos just not enough hands. 

i really dont know how u and your wife can handle 3 boys at one go. and it seems alot more on your shoulders it seems from your post

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

17 minutes ago, Sp4wn said:

it sounds like i have to. my wife side ... all girls. even my MIL was like wtf... why all boys .. (she had 3 girls, so she prefers girls). 

those with all boys tell me the first decade or two is tougher, but the rewards come much later.

i think i only started visiting the forums more recent, now that i can work more (from work). during WFH, every 5 min, or during zoom meeting, my wife is asking me to carry one of the twin cos just not enough hands. 

i really dont know how u and your wife can handle 3 boys at one go. and it seems alot more on your shoulders it seems from your post

Your MIL and wife’s friend, husband cannot hit target, don’t come and bird talk. My wife’s side all mostly girls and one boy. My MIL was asking my wife how come 3rd one also boy? My wife kept quiet. 😂

Girl or boy, the most important is upbringing and respect. Without, no difference, ill-mannered and no respect at all. When I was dishing out the discipline to the boys, wife cried and said I was cruel, her brother shouted when he came here, that it wasn’t the way to bring up children. 

Forward, he later said the boys were all well brought up ( yeah bulls**t!) wife very proud of the boys. Push-ups in the hall till the puddle of water was their sweat, recover also must be in sync if not back again, military training from 6yrs old. 

How we managed? Sending eldest to kindergarten, hold my belt buckle, second one hold his hand, 3rd one arm push pram, all 4 cross the road together. Akin to Lone wolf and CUBS. 😂

Now I look back and can joke about it,whe. It was then, it wasn’t a joke at all. First 10yrs, next 10yrs. Time flies by, I may be gone by than, who knows, what I want you to know is, gain their respect as a father, that is paramount. Let them confine to the mother and you get it from her and both discuss what needs to be done. Maybe I should pass you the baseball gloves I’ve been keeping and didn’t have time to play with them when they were growing up. Pure leather all from Japan, 30yrs old. Yaohan closing sale, each went for $5.  You can keep and play with them when they grow up. 

Turbocharged
Just now, Mazdaowner said:

Your MIL and wife’s friend, husband cannot hit target, don’t come and bird talk. My wife’s side all mostly girls and one boy. My MIL was asking my wife how come 3rd one also boy? My wife kept quiet. 😂

Girl or boy, the most important is upbringing and respect. Without, no difference, ill-mannered and no respect at all. When I was dishing out the discipline to the boys, wife cried and said I was cruel, her brother shouted when he came here, that it wasn’t the way to bring up children. 

Forward, he later said the boys were all well brought up ( yeah bulls**t!) wife very proud of the boys. Push-ups in the hall till the puddle of water was their sweat, recover also must be in sync if not back again, military training from 6yrs old. 

How we managed? Sending eldest to kindergarten, hold my belt buckle, second one hold his hand, 3rd one arm push pram, all 4 cross the road together. Akin to Lone wolf and CUBS. 😂

Now I look back and can joke about it,whe. It was then, it wasn’t a joke at all. First 10yrs, next 10yrs. Time flies by, I may be gone by than, who knows, what I want you to know is, gain their respect as a father, that is paramount. Let them confine to the mother and you get it from her and both discuss what needs to be done. Maybe I should pass you the baseball gloves I’ve been keeping and didn’t have time to play with them when they were growing up. Pure leather all from Japan, 30yrs old. Yaohan closing sale, each went for $5.  You can keep and play with them when they grow up. 

probably got long way to go. still at the diaper changing stage.

but even my domestic helper cant believe it, till today i still shower my oldest one myself, when i come home from work i do the same.

when she first join us (during the interview) she told the agent separately .. Singaporean father all talk only.. after one week ill be showering the boy! but just last week she told me even after a year she cant believe i still do it every single day. cant let my wife have all the fun. every saturday he and me walk to yakun for breakfast, always 1 kopi siew day and peanut toast. we share and sit there and pass time for half hour 😂 once the other 2 are older, ill be happy to do the same and take all 3 with me

in terms of discipline, i am like you. if my son naughty, i beat his hand. my wife has only beat him once or twice. my mum was a bit heavy handed and of course growing up i hated it. but now when i look back i always tell my mum ... thank you for the discipline...you made me who i am today (as a compliment). of course, every week i need to eat rotan once or twice ... but really ...now when i look back ... im v thankful my mum gave no chance 

2 minutes ago, Sp4wn said:

probably got long way to go. still at the diaper changing stage.

but even my domestic helper cant believe it, till today i still shower my oldest one myself, when i come home from work i do the same.

when she first join us (during the interview) she told the agent separately .. Singaporean father all talk only.. after one week ill be showering the boy! but just last week she told me even after a year she cant believe i still do it every single day. cant let my wife have all the fun. every saturday he and me walk to yakun for breakfast, always 1 kopi siew day and peanut toast. we share and sit there and pass time for half hour 😂 once the other 2 are older, ill be happy to do the same and take all 3 with me

in terms of discipline, i am like you. if my son naughty, i beat his hand. my wife has only beat him once or twice. my mum was a bit heavy handed and of course growing up i hated it. but now when i look back i always tell my mum ... thank you for the discipline...you made me who i am today (as a compliment). of course, every week i need to eat rotan once or twice ... but really ...now when i look back ... im v thankful my mum gave no chance 

We had to save money, so the boys would all clampier with me in the shower and we bath together. :D Save money save water mah. Again, you are so lucky, we never had a helper till much later and the boys hated it, so contract end, we sent her back with thanks. She's on our FB. :D 

Smack hand is not for me, I dish out like your mum and more, my boys know the name of my good old friend, Mr. Cane.  

Corporal punishment was in the family, the boys didn't like it but didn't have a choice, I'm the father. Later they did tell their mum, it was a good thing I was very strict with them, not they would have joined some gang etc. The boys were trained in many aspects of warfare, self defense, shooting, (paper bullets and rubber bands, (BB Guns when in Japan) how to shoot, aim, breathing, swimming, etc. to the point I would kick my youngest into the deep end of the pool and just watch him struggle because he couldn't swim. Cruel as it may seem I was ready to dive in to save him, the lifeguards did the job for me. In order to swim well, you have to know how it is to drown. All three gained gold standards and lifeguard certs. 

When army time came, none were the least worried, eldest wrote in his book, which he showed my wife, "Finally a REAL bed" we all slept on the cold hard floor, except the mum who had a small thin mattress. Many years from now, you will look back on this and just like me, laugh and joke to another with 3 sons. 

Don't forget to invite me to their wedding if I'm still around. :D 

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
3 hours ago, Mazdaowner said:

We had to save money, so the boys would all clampier with me in the shower and we bath together. :D Save money save water mah. Again, you are so lucky, we never had a helper till much later and the boys hated it, so contract end, we sent her back with thanks. She's on our FB. :D 

Smack hand is not for me, I dish out like your mum and more, my boys know the name of my good old friend, Mr. Cane.  

Corporal punishment was in the family, the boys didn't like it but didn't have a choice, I'm the father. Later they did tell their mum, it was a good thing I was very strict with them, not they would have joined some gang etc. The boys were trained in many aspects of warfare, self defense, shooting, (paper bullets and rubber bands, (BB Guns when in Japan) how to shoot, aim, breathing, swimming, etc. to the point I would kick my youngest into the deep end of the pool and just watch him struggle because he couldn't swim. Cruel as it may seem I was ready to dive in to save him, the lifeguards did the job for me. In order to swim well, you have to know how it is to drown. All three gained gold standards and lifeguard certs. 

When army time came, none were the least worried, eldest wrote in his book, which he showed my wife, "Finally a REAL bed" we all slept on the cold hard floor, except the mum who had a small thin mattress. Many years from now, you will look back on this and just like me, laugh and joke to another with 3 sons. 

Don't forget to invite me to their wedding if I'm still around. :D 

my problem is my parents are extreme ends.

my dad is english educated, grew up in a bungalow, had helpers, cooks etc. never laid a hand on me once my entire life, for any mistake. he is the sit down, explain until you understand kind

my mother on the other hand, her growing up experience was ... the direct opposite of my father. and her parents were firm with discipline and caning. so whenever my dad is at work and i am naughty ... mr cane comes out lo. 

i had it both ways in terms of discipline ... so i guess as my boys get older, i have to see which method may work. i believe caning works ... but the funny part is .. my mum is over protective of her grandson (but def not with me .. LOL)

edit: considering the oldest is 3 ... if he get married by the time he is 30 .. well, you need to wait abt 27 years ... dont worry @RadXhas my no lol. invite the whole bunch of you to have a good time

Edited by Sp4wn
edit
  • Haha! 2

3 minutes ago, Sp4wn said:

my dad is english educated, grew up in a bungalow, had helpers, cooks etc. never laid a hand on me once my entire life, for any mistake. he is the sit down, explain until you understand kind

my mother on the other hand, her growing up experience was ... the direct opposite of my father. and her parents were firm with discipline and caning. so whenever my dad is at work and i am naughty ... mr cane comes out lo. 

i had it both ways in terms of discipline ... so i guess as my boys get older, i have to see which method may work. i believe caning works ... but the funny part is .. my mum is over protective of her grandson (but def not with me .. LOL)

edit: considering the oldest is 3 ... if he get married by the time he is 30 .. well, you need to wait abt 27 years ... dont worry @RadXhas my no lol. invite the whole bunch of you to have a good time

you know i'll be around ☠️

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

36 minutes ago, Sp4wn said:

I have to go get a custom made walking cane 15 years from now or pre-order a turbo charged wheelchair. License plate also custom, “No Zoom, No Boom.”

Edited by Mazdaowner
  • Haha! 2

33 minutes ago, RadX said:

you know i'll be around ☠️

I will be around depending if turbocharged wheelchair need to bid for COE or not. I think come under Cat.A hor? Turbo mah. 

• Haha! 1

38 minutes ago, Sp4wn said:

Caning, tried and tested. I ask you one question. “You ever see any bloody angmo children WELL BEHAVED? 

16 hours ago, Sp4wn said:

As a twin, I can forsee your hardship in the future.:XD:

I didnt made my mum's life any easy when growing up. Just prepare for the double trouble and double expenses.[:p][crazy]

• Haha! 1

4 minutes ago, Adrianli said:

I didnt made my mum's life any easy when growing up. Just prepare for the double trouble and double expenses.[:p][crazy]

ok la.. my brother had twins and they are a bundle of joy. girls btw. HAHAHAHAHHA

Turbocharged
20 minutes ago, Adrianli said:

oh god. ya everything is double. only blessing is they can enjoy kid #1 hand-me-downs since the age gap is 2 years. they didnt get *any* new clothes when they were born. everything is passed down from the kor kor.

• Haha! 1

2 hours ago, kobayashiGT said:

EWWWW. Damn. I am not into this. :grin:

Just give me the tickets. I will go alone. No need company. hahahha.

KNS, Eeewwww not into this, still ask for tickets. :D:D:D Need adult to accompany you to Adult Theme Park hor, I volunteer to sacrifice myself for the sake of helping you.  

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1