Motivation to work hard

Torquey

Neutral Newbie

Motivation to work hard.....what happens when you run out of it.

Under these circumstances how do you continue to motivate yourself:

Superior curtails your opportunity for exposure and self improvement,

Delegation of work not under your scope therefore results not reflected in your KPI,

Company has strong preference for new hires rather than promoting existing staff

Annual increment, if any, is less than inflation,

Lacklustre job market has diminished chances of moving on,

Has anyone got out of a similar rut? Pls share your inspiring paths.

↡ Advertisement

Motivation to work hard.....what happens when you run out of it.

Under these circumstances how do you continue to motivate yourself:

Superior curtails your opportunity for exposure and self improvement,

Delegation of work not under your scope therefore results not reflected in your KPI,

Company has strong preference for new hires rather than promoting existing staff

Annual increment, if any, is less than inflation,

Lacklustre job market has diminished chances of moving on,

Has anyone got out of a similar rut? Pls share your inspiring paths.

Aim for a car. With high COE, you'll be MOTIVATED. [laugh]

Neutral Newbie

mustank, thats pretty much the reality but i'm trying to figure what are the alternatives .....other than driving a taxi :blink:

kangadrool, a highly depreciating asset will no doubt rob me of sanity at this point in time.

(edited)

mustank, thats pretty much the reality but i'm trying to figure what are the alternatives .....other than driving a taxi :blink:

kangadrool, a highly depreciating asset will no doubt rob me of sanity at this point in time.

do you need the extra money from the promotion or is it an issue of constantly being thumb down / left behind?

if it is extra money needed, then (1) review expenses and cut off unneccesary ones (2) take on a 2nd job (3) rent out some portion of your property

if it is the morale thing, join us here more often [idea][laugh][grin]

Edited by Mustank

Just stick to current job, do the least in order not to be fired, while at the same time surf actively in Jobstreet, etc for openings. Do not quit w/o a job as getting back even with drastically reduced pay will be difficult and morale will be worse off than what you are currently experiencing. My 2 cents.

Neutral Newbie

career progression is main objective, especially after working 13 years.

relying on self motivation and effort to perform has not got me very far.

闭关修炼 ..:D 炼什么? 。。。炼毅力,炼耐心

how you get 2 yellow card in 8 posts? :huh:

Just stick to current job, do the least in order not to be fired, while at the same time surf actively in Jobstreet, etc for openings. Do not quit w/o a job as getting back even with drastically reduced pay will be difficult and morale will be worse off than what you are currently experiencing. My 2 cents.

Ya, never quit without a new offer. Plus, if you have a job, you can use it as a negotiation tool with your new employer, as you are not as his mercy.

If current job not satisfying, just switch out, else you are going to look at a few more years in the same place anyway. Might as well find either a better paying job, or one you will enjoy more.

Ppl dragging their feet to work. Blame the company, blame the boss, blame industry, blame market as if the employee is damn perfect.

I listen until sian.... [sleeping]

Ppl dragging their feet to work. Blame the company, blame the boss, blame industry, blame market as if the employee is damn perfect.

I listen until sian.... [sleeping]

You are 100% perfect.

But 12% on Monday, 23% on Tuesday, 40% on Wednesday, 20% on Thursday, and 5% on Friday. Weekends, never work.. [:p] [:p] [:p] Kidding ah, don't take me seriously please..

↡ Advertisement