What did you do with your Alfa today?

Saabretooth

We are gonna have an alfa 147 meetup tonight... Timing around 830pm.. Venue to be confirm... Anyone interested to pop by let me know... You can msg me at 92330159...

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Just came back with my family and bella from Ipoh. First time driving her up. Even though journey is more than 6 hours long, with nagging and vomiting kids behind, I am loving the experience.

Took my bella on a mission... had to get a few boxes of N95 masks...

Mission was a success!

now we know who has been buying up all the stock!!

I've been giving it away to family and friends :)

felt a little like santa, except it wasn't snow... it was Ash in the air...

We are gonna have an alfa 147 meetup tonight... Timing around 830pm.. Venue to be confirm... Anyone interested to pop by let me know... You can msg me at 92330159...

unfriendly.

(edited)

unfriendly.

What unfriendly... i invited everyone but no1 msg me... true enough only 147 and GT drivers more steady lah.... haha :D

Edited by Thingy

Finally got my knocking noise resolved .. noise started after I replaced the front upper and lower arms. Noise was loudest during the warm afternoons, could be something expanded or grease got displaced. The local workshop greased the ball joints and bushings and noise seems to have stopped. I will probably opt for original Alfa parts at some point, parts ordered were the TRW brand from Jamie.

Neutral Newbie

Yeah, I made a vow to only buy a Camry if I will have to carry around guests for business.

Decide with your head, get any other car.

Decide with your heart, it's the Alfa.

Finally got my knocking noise resolved .. noise started after I replaced the front upper and lower arms. Noise was loudest during the warm afternoons, could be something expanded or grease got displaced. The local workshop greased the ball joints and bushings and noise seems to have stopped. I will probably opt for original Alfa parts at some point, parts ordered were the TRW brand from Jamie.

yah i got the TRW too.

I have yet to go aleph to try to fix the knocking... went two rounds and didnt resolve the issue. Your knocking is on driver side upper arm?

(edited)

yah i got the TRW too.

I have yet to go aleph to try to fix the knocking... went two rounds and didnt resolve the issue. Your knocking is on driver side upper arm?

From speaking to the young chap, drivers side upper arm joint (if I heard right, my mandarin is quite bad). It was really obvious and loud, pak! Pak! even when going straight. Last fri fixed up to today still quiet, might have heard a muffled pop just now. I hope the grease don't wear off, actually bought some heavy duty "copper grease" in the boot just in case. The ball joint has a rubber boot and not serviceable, dunno how they got the grease in actually..

Edited by Count_duku

Finally had enough of the P zero's noise. Changed out the tyres. Now it is too quiet. Feels unreal at first then start to notice other noises that was drown by the tyre noise previously. So better install back the old tyres? Hahaha [laugh]

yah i got the TRW too.

Yeah the knocking sound came back .. next round maybe try thicker grease, and figure some way with Eric's help. I think they know the issue, just the initial greasing didn't last.