What did you do with your Alfa today?

Saabretooth

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Bro (Count Duku),

If you decide to scrap your Alfa 159, let me know. I wish to book your manual gearbox (and all the other spares). Hehehe-want to covert the selespeed to manual.

Thanks and Cheers.

Edited by Gurjit
↡ Advertisement

Bro (Count Duku),

If you decide to scrap your Alfa 159, let me know. I wish to book your manual gearbox (and all the other spares). Hehehe-want to covert the selespeed to manual.

Thanks and Cheers.

May not be possible. unless you change the entire ECU. Canbus wiring etc.... not a simple swap. Selespeed ECU and Manual ECU not the same.

Bro (Count Duku),

Thanks and Cheers.

Haha .. looking at the car prices these days, I think I might renew COE [;)] .

Finally had enough of the P zero's noise. Changed out the tyres. Now it is too quiet. Feels unreal at first then start to notice other noises that was drown by the tyre noise previously. So better install back the old tyres? Hahaha [laugh]

What tyres did you get? I got these Pirelli Cinturato P7s a few months back, and they are comfortable and quiet but feels really soft. To make up for it, I pump about 41psi. I had a talk with the tyre shop owner and I said some of these tyres quite soft side walls leh, he said just pump more air lah .. not sure if it makes sense.

how much for the engine mounts? All four units?

Did both of that before. Cost about that much. Should be just the top mount near the power steering reservoir, and the high pressure power steering pipe. [knife]

on the way to the paintshop to pay for the new spray job, I hit a small object that fell off a pick up in front of me.

ouch. multiple paint/pain chips on the front lip.. .... .... .... ...

ok, had to do some minor touch up.. but that's still no longer "perfect" LOL!

oh well. part and parcel of driving....

Been driving in the selespeed mode

trying to tame it [whip]

suddenly i find myself too lazy to drive manual anymore!!!

need to think when to upshift(!!!!) [crazy]

then had a rough day [furious]

selespeed just doesn't cut it

changed to manual

it's like the lights jst went on [idea][drivingcar]

Been driving in the selespeed mode

trying to tame it [whip]

suddenly i find myself too lazy to drive manual anymore!!!

need to think when to upshift(!!!!) [crazy]

then had a rough day [furious]

selespeed just doesn't cut it

changed to manual

it's like the lights jst went on [idea][drivingcar]

im getting really comfy with D mode already.... brainless and for normal fuss free drive.. it does the job.

for M+S mode.. only when i need to rush and i know i need full control..

im getting really comfy with D mode already.... brainless and for normal fuss free drive.. it does the job.

for M+S mode.. only when i need to rush and i know i need full control..

Thanks bro!

i forgotten there was a S mode. lol

Just when I really thot my bella's been behaving really well this year....she decided to snap the window regulator.. [bigcry] ... nothing major faults apart from this, surprise! surprise! hehe...

I had though that I was going to scrap or sell off my 2005 147 one day back in March 2010 hence, I quit my o.c. habit of listening for irregular sounds and just drove her as you would a normal car. For everyone's info, she lasted till June this year when she blew a head gasket. To troubleshoot the blown gasket, I had replaced most electrical engine parts as advised by an inexperienced workshop (shows how invaluable someone like Peter is to the local Alfa communinty - If I had sent to his workshop in the first place, would have saved me around $500). On the flip side, in this state, looks like she's going to last me another 3 - 4 years. [:p]

My church mate stop and looked when I was parking my car

He waited for me to alight and said

DUDE!! U BOUGHT SUCH A NICE RIDE BUT NEVER WASH!!!

WHAT AN INJUSTICE!!

Bo Bian. Gonna wash it later even thought next wk gonna be dirty dirty in camp. Lol