What did you do with your Alfa today?

Saabretooth

I tried installing one of those cheap t10 led into the side lights (evening lights) slot. The moment I slot in even without key in the ignition, it lights up, cannot switch off and blows the signal light in the process + canbus error. Sigh.. lesson learned dun use non canbus LEDs, plugged back old regular bulb and replaced signal light.

↡ Advertisement

I tried installing one of those cheap t10 led into the side lights (evening lights) slot. The moment I slot in even without key in the ignition, it lights up, cannot switch off and blows the signal light in the process + canbus error. Sigh.. lesson learned dun use non canbus LEDs, plugged back old regular bulb and replaced signal light.

I also back side itchy one day and bought those led from eBay that mentions they are canbus error free. Not really expensive. I swapped out the side signal lights and the side lights. Try those that mention canbus free.

make sure these canbus LEDs are heat proof as well, had 2 installed for my front parking lights and the LEDs blew after a month.

make sure these canbus LEDs are heat proof as well, had 2 installed for my front parking lights and the LEDs blew after a month.

W5W is still the best, don't trust these led from eBay anymore. They are mostly made of crap chips that doesn't last as long as a typical w5w, the good one cost 10 or 20 times more than a typical bulb.

Just changed mine to red w5w sidelights, the centre light is now red... A bit too 'beng'? [:p]

W5W is still the best, don't trust these led from eBay anymore. They are mostly made of crap chips that doesn't last as long as a typical w5w, the good one cost 10 or 20 times more than a typical bulb.

Just changed mine to red w5w sidelights, the centre light is now red... A bit too 'beng'? [:p]

Just be careful of LTA. If not swap out the rear ones. I am still monitoring if mine will blow. I keep the original in the boot.

Went up to Port Dickson and back over the weekend.

I was up in MY (Ipoh) too. My friend drove his M3 there. My car is still under observation for the cooling system that was repaired so did not take the risk to drive there.

I also back side itchy one day and bought those led from eBay that mentions they are canbus error free. Not really expensive. I swapped out the side signal lights and the side lights. Try those that mention canbus free.

OK will try canbus ones, but not red though .. maybe strobe red and blue [laugh] but seriously, I am looking for a single forward firing bright LED that does not light up the housing reflectors. Something that can be seen even during the day, will really make the front look mean. Not exactly DRL but something that will integrate with the design of the hooded headlamps.

OK will try canbus ones, but not red though .. maybe strobe red and blue [laugh] but seriously, I am looking for a single forward firing bright LED that does not light up the housing reflectors. Something that can be seen even during the day, will really make the front look mean. Not exactly DRL but something that will integrate with the design of the hooded headlamps.

You mean the CREE type of bulb? Like a mini projector lamp

Random link, http://www.dhgate.com/product/t10-w5w-5w-c.../144554926.html

I don't think it will work for us as our sidelight is 'tuck' into the top of the housing, the front projection is blocked.

You mean the CREE type of bulb? Like a mini projector lamp

Random link, http://www.dhgate.com/product/t10-w5w-5w-c.../144554926.html

I don't think it will work for us as our sidelight is 'tuck' into the top of the housing, the front projection is blocked.

Yeah saw the Cree 5w on eBay will buy this one. I know what you mean, if you look from further away the side light can be seen, just hidden when you look from near/top.

Yeah saw the Cree 5w on eBay will buy this one. I know what you mean, if you look from further away the side light can be seen, just hidden when you look from near/top.

No mention of canbus error free, so will this give issues?

Changed my left and right lower arms... Heard from ppl saying that if you are using the air gun to tighten the bolts on your lower arm, it tends to give way earlier? Anyone has any idea?

found my mid pipe leaking and now my babe is alive again....

Changed my left and right lower arms... Heard from ppl saying that if you are using the air gun to tighten the bolts on your lower arm, it tends to give way earlier? Anyone has any idea?

found my mid pipe leaking and now my babe is alive again....

the bolt give way?

↡ Advertisement