What did you do with your Alfa today?

Saabretooth

Purchased a full set of Eibach Pro-Dampers and lowering springs from shop.alfisti.net (SA) and installed them on 19 Oct 2015.

A day or 2 later, there was dull rattling noise from the front left absorber. When contacted SA asked me to monitor further with assurance that their products were under warranty. The rattling noise was always there, though less frequent a week thereafter.

Then on Nov15 the front left absorber seized and the vibration force without damping broke the new top mounting. Changed the front pair to Koni Yellow with new mounting and wrote to SA to enquire on their warranty claim. I also stated that my workshop speculated that the early failure was due old stock as if left on shelf over extended period, the internal parts are no longer well and uniformly lubricated. SA replied that they were NEW, blah blah blah – yeah if  I am a believer, then I am one of the  Monkees.

Instead of just sending the damaged part back for verification, SA requires me to pay for a new absorber 1st.  They would refund me after they receive, test and approve the warranty claim. They said all dealers have the same practice. Yeah, I am also just born yesterday. So I told them, forget it.

Moral of this article (not story – all facts verifiable by document and email), if you need parts that would incur substantial shipping and installation costs and would like to suffer the same experience I had, please buy them from www.shop.alfisti.net. 

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Purchased a full set of Eibach Pro-Dampers and lowering springs from shop.alfisti.net (SA) and installed them on 19 Oct 2015.

A day or 2 later, there was dull rattling noise from the front left absorber. When contacted SA asked me to monitor further with assurance that their products were under warranty. The rattling noise was always there, though less frequent a week thereafter.

Then on Nov15 the front left absorber seized and the vibration force without damping broke the new top mounting. Changed the front pair to Koni Yellow with new mounting and wrote to SA to enquire on their warranty claim. I also stated that my workshop speculated that the early failure was due old stock as if left on shelf over extended period, the internal parts are no longer well and uniformly lubricated. SA replied that they were NEW, blah blah blah – yeah if I am a believer, then I am one of the Monkees.

Instead of just sending the damaged part back for verification, SA requires me to pay for a new absorber 1st. They would refund me after they receive, test and approve the warranty claim. They said all dealers have the same practice. Yeah, I am also just born yesterday. So I told them, forget it.

Moral of this article (not story – all facts verifiable by document and email), if you need parts that would incur substantial shipping and installation costs and would like to suffer the same experience I had, please buy them from www.shop.alfisti.net.

Hey bro, sorry to hear about ur bad experience.. I also jus ordered from them last week! Hopefully my experience will be better. Out of curiosity, May I know what car did u have the shocks installed?

Hey bro, sorry to hear about ur bad experience.. I also jus ordered from them last week! Hopefully my experience will be better. Out of curiosity, May I know what car did u have the shocks installed?

Mine is A147. Incidentally COE just renewed.

I ordered from them cos their prices for suspension is among the lowest online.

Good Luck

Neutral Newbie

Mine is A147. Incidentally COE just renewed.

I ordered from them cos their prices for suspension is among the lowest online.

Good Luck

So I have received the Bilstein shocks and Eibach lowering springs from Alfisti.

Received them in good condition and installed them for about 10 days so far. Has greatly improved the handling, looks and even ride of the car, in my opinion.. They are still working fine so fingers crossed nothing happens later on! ;)

Mines a Giulietta btw.

Received them in good condition and installed them for about 10 days so far. Has greatly improved the handling, looks and even ride of the car, in my opinion.. They are still working fine so fingers crossed nothing happens later on! ;)

Good for you. As with most mechanical parts, once fitted with no prob and funcioning well, then it should be alright.

Mine though I heard the sound on the following day after installation, but it could be there shortly after that as I always drive with radio on and the sound was rather soft for the 1st few days.

In their email they said they receive only 0.5% complaints on their transactions on absorbers. I replied the number meant nothing to me. I got a lemon in my 1st purchase, it's 100%. One out of 4 dampers faulty, that's 25%. Pick your number, I told them. Anyway that;s water under the brdige now, so to say. 

Good for you. As with most mechanical parts, once fitted with no prob and funcioning well, then it should be alright.

Mine though I heard the sound on the following day after installation, but it could be there shortly after that as I always drive with radio on and the sound was rather soft for the 1st few days.

In their email they said they receive only 0.5% complaints on their transactions on absorbers. I replied the number meant nothing to me. I got a lemon in my 1st purchase, it's 100%. One out of 4 dampers faulty, that's 25%. Pick your number, I told them. Anyway that;s water under the brdige now, so to say. 

So no choice but to write off the purchase from them? No point pursuing? 

So no choice but to write off the purchase from them? No point pursuing? 

At 1st, I thought of wanting to claim warranty to make it 1 pair of front shocks for spare. But then when things became "messy", I just had to forget it.

I just got irritated then with the language they used. The one Mr. Vogel in 2 email said I need to order a new one to claim warranty. Then a Mr. Andrea said Mr. Vogel meant I could still send it back to claim warrant without buying a new one 1st. He also wrote I should not expect to receive a replacement without sending the faulty one back for verification.

I told Andrea that Vogel did not mention a word about just sending it back to claim warrant, I may be a psychic, I wrote but I can't read Vogel's mind tens of thousand Km away, 

Then I asked Andrea where in my emails did I state that I expect them to just send me a replacement? Maybe your are a better psychic than I am. I told him. Hahaha.

I buy things online almost on weekly basis. It's not the 1st but also it won't be the last time I kena lemon. 

At 1st, I thought of wanting to claim warranty to make it 1 pair of front shocks for spare. But then when things became "messy", I just had to forget it.

I just got irritated then with the language they used. The one Mr. Vogel in 2 email said I need to order a new one to claim warranty. Then a Mr. Andrea said Mr. Vogel meant I could still send it back to claim warrant without buying a new one 1st. He also wrote I should not expect to receive a replacement without sending the faulty one back for verification.

I told Andrea that Vogel did not mention a word about just sending it back to claim warrant, I may be a psychic, I wrote but I can't read Vogel's mind tens of thousand Km away, 

Then I asked Andrea where in my emails did I state that I expect them to just send me a replacement? Maybe your are a better psychic than I am. I told him. Hahaha.

I buy things online almost on weekly basis. It's not the 1st but also it won't be the last time I kena lemon. 

can feel your fustration......I tot they have money back guarantees/return policy by just shipping back

Was running my hombot when I notice it was much louder than usual. Almost certain there is a scratching sound. Flip it over, nothing. So I let it run again. At the end of the cycle, I flipped it over for a more thorough check and found a hairpin wedged in a corner.

The wife commented how did I even notice such a small difference in the sound. Hey! I drive an Alfa!! Everyday I'm listening for the whispers of gremlins eh!!!

• Praise 2

(edited)

Was running my hombot when I notice it was much louder than usual. Almost certain there is a scratching sound. Flip it over, nothing. So I let it run again. At the end of the cycle, I flipped it over for a more thorough check and found a hairpin wedged in a corner.

The wife commented how did I even notice such a small difference in the sound. Hey! I drive an Alfa!! Everyday I'm listening for the whispers of gremlins eh!!!

hahah....I tot I am the only one being sensitive to the sounds from the car. 

Since driving the Alfa...every sound makes me edggy.

Right now, I got something loose with the exhaust pipe or something. Gear 1 when accel off....will hear a faint....trembling sound from the pipe. 

Alfa drivers must be one of most "sensitive" drivers 

Edited by Sunburnsam
↡ Advertisement