Food getting more expensive..

Kezg1

post-19822-1370846665_thumb.jpg

Was quite surprised that 2 small portion of vege and a small pc of fish, coz..4.20

↡ Advertisement

size of the portion put aside, 2 veg and 1 fish for 4.20 is not at the high side, imho. and from the plate in the pic, don seem like cheapo coffee shop, but at least a food court.

Was quite surprised that 2 small portion of vege and a small pc of fish, coz..4.20

Was it in town / CBD area?

If work near a Uni / Poly, best go there eat. Food cheaper than outside. Normally..

Malay n indonesian food prices are increasing sharply that's y I siam far far since 1-2 yrs ago

Now I only eat Loyang canteen Malay rice cheap cheap nice nice

(edited)

General observation is that Nasi Padang price is very ridiculous!! Was charged $7 for Rendang, Ikan Bilis & veg!! I asked why so ex, they mentioned ikan bilis is considered a meat dish! Should've ordered something more substantial like chicken wing...

Another expensive stuff is Indian Rojak.... Order 4 - 5 items can go as much as $8!!

Edited by Karu

You should try ordering nasi padang at Geylang Serai 2nd floor food stalls... i rather cross the street and look for economic rice stalls.

Malay n indonesian food prices are increasing sharply that's y I siam far far since 1-2 yrs ago

Now I only eat Loyang canteen Malay rice cheap cheap nice nice

Loyang Tua Pek Kong? There got Malay food? Or you mean the one inside Loyang way there?

Many other stall I patronise already increase prices by 10% or so cos their labour are now Singaporeans as MOM has clamped down on the work permits.

Singaporean got what they wish for. So in this context, they should not complain about increasing food prices.

bro...we are not the most expensive city for nothing de.....it becoming a norm in this island..

Used to eat at coffeeshop near PSA Keppel....4 vege (irregardless of meat or veg) + rice cost $2.50. Add rice no extra charge....not sure if the stall is still there though...this was in 2009....

Used to eat at coffeeshop near PSA Keppel....4 vege (irregardless of meat or veg) + rice cost $2.50. Add rice no extra charge....not sure if the stall is still there though...this was in 2009....

I still having memories of TP Railway Station Nasi padang.. 10.30pm.. fresh stock.. and cheeeppp also.. [bigcry]:wub:

Supercharged

Which stall bro? Got many stalls there selling vege rice or mixed rice leh...

Supercharged

I still having memories of TP Railway Station Nasi padang.. 10.30pm.. fresh stock.. and cheeeppp also.. [bigcry]:wub:

Yup! I miss their Teh Tarik, its the stall right inside and has tables beside the rail track!

Do you know where they had moved to?

General observation is that Nasi Padang price is very ridiculous!! Was charged $7 for Rendang, Ikan Bilis & veg!! I asked why so ex, they mentioned ikan bilis is considered a meat dish! Should've ordered something more substantial like chicken wing...

Another expensive stuff is Indian Rojak.... Order 4 - 5 items can go as much as $8!!

I ever order a dish where there is some meat fillings on top of tofu..its considered as meat dish !

I like the railway station malay food..last time go play badminton then go there eat..

sit open space and very nostalgic..

↡ Advertisement