How to negotiate a blind spot

Subutai

If u r polite, ignore them.

If u r KL, on hazard light & refuse to move.

Ur safety important or not?

I always feel like doing that [laugh] [laugh]

↡ Advertisement

I always feel like doing that [laugh] [laugh]

I always do that.

I ever encountered one car horning at me. I thought he was on the rush so I gave him the benefit of doubt and I shifted my car to the left after turning the junction into the next road.

I realized that the driver wasn't even in a rush. In fact. it went slower than me and was hogging the centre lane after that.

Or was he testing his horn or was it an old friend trying to get me? [laugh][laugh]

Turbocharged
(edited)

Truck got a clearer view than u n yet u just cut across When u cant see anything.

Dont come n blame others.

Self pawn

Edited by Mcf777

Truck got a clearer view than u n yet u just cut across When u cant see anything.

Dont come n blame others.

Huh? Did u even see the clip? What do you mean i just cut across and blame others?

I always do that.

I ever encountered one car horning at me. I thought he was on the rush so I gave him the benefit of doubt and I shifted my car to the left after turning the junction into the next road.

I realized that the driver wasn't even in a rush. In fact. it went slower than me and was hogging the centre lane after that.

Or was he testing his horn or was it an old friend trying to get me? [laugh][laugh]

Lol... Just take it as a friend lo.

Trust nobody but yrself on the road nowadays. Even if the traffic lights are to your favour or you have the right of way, there is no guarantee the other party will observe the same. Don't forget that there are many new drivers from other countries with different road condition. Be gracious and give them a chance and keep ourselves alive.

actually in this case, i usually prefer to let the big truck be my shield. if the truck is not moving off, something must be wrong.

TS, this is just my observation on the defensive driving part.

yes yes, move together with the truck or bus. then midway u pick up after u have enough protection passing thru the crossing. I also do this.

yet because its not advisable to drive beside heavy vehicles, the moment I pass the danger junction, I pick up and clear away.

anyway I see u were also quite alert so let it be la.

I always use the truck like a shield go abit slower than the truck during the bend. Anyway you seem to be driving quite fast for a person who has a 3 year old and pregnant woman in the car.

no la, any slower he will be hogging. its normal speed. got slow meh?

Though i (or we) may agree or disagree with some of the views here minus those no head no tails ones, the fact is that there will always be others who beat red lights. If they persist in this, sooner or later something bad will happen and others will suffer.

I leave it to TP to decide if anything can done and resign to their verdict. If that driver is brought to task, fine by me. If not, then lucky him and i seriously hope he dont perform the same stunt again.

(edited)

If u r polite, ignore them.

If u r KL, on hazard light & refuse to move.

Ur safety important or not?

Pop your bonnet and let him go round you

Try catch him at the next junction. He will be damm piss. [laugh]

Edited by KaKiLang

Hrrrr.....dont mind i saying.

i see a few mistakes on your part.

Firstly, you are in the blind spot. Should have turn with the truck shielding you. U are taking hell a lot more risks to save that few seconds.

Secondly, these trucks earn by the trips. They are hell a lot more kan chiong for time than you. If they dont move, it got to be because of in-coming vehicle.

Thirdly, with preggy wife onboard, you should be on high driving defensive mode instead of rushing.

Never the less, hope you learn from this experience and Drive safe. [grouphug]

Hrrrr.....dont mind i saying.

i see a few mistakes on your part.

Firstly, you are in the blind spot. Should have turn with the truck shielding you. U are taking hell a lot more risks to save that few seconds.

Secondly, these trucks earn by the trips. They are hell a lot more kan chiong for time than you. If they dont move, it got to be because of in-coming vehicle.

Thirdly, with preggy wife onboard, you should be on high driving defensive mode instead of rushing.

Never the less, hope you learn from this experience and Drive safe. [grouphug]

Bro, there are quite a number of wise and neutral inputs and yours are as well. I thank you all.

Except that i am not really rushing leh.

Today I was doing a right turn at junction of Bedok North Road / Bedok Reservoir Road towards PIE at around 810am.

Red lights and right turn signal was in my favour and a speeding honda edix (i think) in opposite direction zoomed past fast around 2 secs after red. I was slowly moving off as my view of the oncoming traffic was blocked by a turning big sand truck (on my left) and luckily i didn't rush.

I assume my car will be total loss and me + my pregnant wife dead if we had collided. You could have orphaned our little 3 year old gal. KNNBCCB.

If you are in this forum, I hope you DON'T REPEAT THIS STUNT AGAIN.

Anyway I got video... will review tonight and submit to TP (although i do not think that the license plate can be captured) BUT..... that junction got junction eye.

Drive safe guys and gals.

Sometimes I was thinking, y some driver like to rush through the red light for nothing as u highlighted abv. anyway, whenever the green light or green arrow turn into ur favor, just wait for abt 2sec b4 u move.

Today I was doing a right turn at junction of Bedok North Road / Bedok Reservoir Road towards PIE at around 810am.

Red lights and right turn signal was in my favour and a speeding honda edix (i think) in opposite direction zoomed past fast around 2 secs after red. I was slowly moving off as my view of the oncoming traffic was blocked by a turning big sand truck (on my left) and luckily i didn't rush.

I assume my car will be total loss and me + my pregnant wife dead if we had collided. You could have orphaned our little 3 year old gal. KNNBCCB.

If you are in this forum, I hope you DON'T REPEAT THIS STUNT AGAIN.

Anyway I got video... will review tonight and submit to TP (although i do not think that the license plate can be captured) BUT..... that junction got junction eye.

Drive safe guys and gals.

If you DID have an accident - 100% morally and 50% legally you are to blame.

You can consult a lawyer.

A good one will tell you that (there is case law to back this up), EVEN WHEN you can prove that the light was green in your favour, and then you proceeded to turn right, and unfortunately had an accident with someone who shot the lights - YOU will be deemed as partly liable.

Is it worthwhile being (only partly) legally right, when YOU are the one who put your car DIRECTLY in the path of a red light beater, THUS killing your wife?

You did a stupid thing to pop out of the lorry's blind spot.

It does not matter if you are 100% legally right (which you are not).

Think about it.

Good to know you take it in a good way.

Me too had a closed shave many years ago, incidently also when my wify was preggy with our 1st child.

A weekday afternoon i went to fetch wife from office for Gyae appointment at Mt Alvenia.

On a clear blue afternoon with few cars on the PIE towards Jurong near Eunos.

All along we always have our sit-seats on. Only that day wify dont feel well and seeing her so uncomfortable i let her do without the seat-belt.

Believe it or not that was her first & only time she didnt put it on. And with healthy car lengths with the front car, we were cruising at 80-90km/hr.

Suddenly, the car in front jam break to a stand still. From 90km/hr to dead still. WTF!!!!!!!

Luckily i was at least in some defensive mode and jam brake in a instance. At the same time, my one hand on the wheel, one hand was pressing on wify to keep her down!!!! [knife]

My car took like eternity to stop. And thank god it did stop in time and no car behind us either. [sweatdrop]

i alight and check on the front car. OMG....cannot be more than 10 cm in between us. The driver claim the car in front jam brake....but i dont see any car in sight!!!!

KNN*&*&*%$@$%^&........bloody cuckoo driver!!!!! Almost kill our whole family.

i admit i also in the wrong on the seat belt but my point is one must always be in some sort of defensive mode.

And learn from your mistakes and also learn to accept others advise.

That was 10 years ago......that child in wife's stomach is a lovely 10 years old gal now. And we also have a son born 4 years later.

A happy family which would not have existed otherwise. [sweatdrop]

Bro, there are quite a number of wise and neutral inputs and yours are as well. I thank you all.

(edited)

If you DID have an accident - 100% morally and 50% legally you are to blame.

You can consult a lawyer.

A good one will tell you that (there is case law to back this up), EVEN WHEN you can prove that the light was green in your favour, and then you proceeded to turn right, and unfortunately had an accident with someone who shot the lights - YOU will be deemed as partly liable.

Is it worthwhile being (only partly) legally right, when YOU are the one who put your car DIRECTLY in the path of a red light beater, THUS killing your wife?

You did a stupid thing to pop out of the lorry's blind spot.

It does not matter if you are 100% legally right (which you are not).

Think about it.

I am not legally trained to debate on this with you and i assume you have your fair share of experiences.

My f--king point is simple. Its red lights, so stop. Which part of red lights = stop that a driver cannot morally or legally understand?????

Let me repeat this in case i am not clear. I will not f--king put my family in harms way and will fiercely fight or protect for them if need be. So don't label me when you dont know me.

Think about it too.

Edited by Subutai

Turbocharged

Bro..just learn from it and be a bit more patient next time. Like most of them said..use the truck as shield.

Although you are not really wrong, but if a bad accident did occur, it is pointless then to argue who is right or wrong. There is no right or wrong anymore, only losses.

Drive safely, be patient and don't take risk on the road.

↡ Advertisement