Say sorry - Enraged Singapore Silat Federation Head

Maxus-MIFA9

quote: "Silat world champion Muhd Shakir Juanda"

WORLD Champion, and he is not fit for the award ... :blink::blink::blink:

Think different definition.

Think must be featured on Olympic and compete with more than 180 countries then considered world champion.

But wait....is bowling in Olympic?

Hypersonic

quote: "Silat world champion Muhd Shakir Juanda"

WORLD Champion, and he is not fit for the award ... :blink::blink::blink:

But world is how big for silat? Is it SEA, or is it really the world with competitors from China, USA, Germany, britain, Aussie, South Africa, South America..

The council was probably following a set of criteria to come to the decision not to award. However I thought this would have been the perfect time to give the award to the Silat sports and tell Singaporeans that no matter how small the sport or popular, we are proud of you for making the effort to do Singapore proud.

It is the message behind the award that would have spoke volumes.

Now with one stroke they had probably doused the flames of any aspiring local sportsmen other than soccer.

It was already bad enough with our educational system not favoring sports careers. This episode just reeks of a corporate mentality of treating an award like a dangling carrot to achieve corporate goals and not a celebration of a countryman's sacrifices.

I've got only 1 word for such an award - "Pui!"

Its not that I don't like her but what does Feng Tainwei achieved in 2012. Any world champion medal? [:(]

Should had gone to the bowling girl ... [cool]

Hypersonic

Its not that I don't like her but what does Feng Tainwei achieved in 2012. Any world champion medal? [:(]

Should had gone to the bowling girl ... [cool]

How come always table tennis get? Someone up there likes ping pong? [:/]

Hypersonic

Maybe "ping pong balls" are involved :ph34r:

The balls must be C class and above then got impact -_- Who har? [rolleyes]

The council was probably following a set of criteria to come to the decision not to award. However I thought this would have been the perfect time to give the award to the Silat sports and tell Singaporeans that no matter how small the sport or popular, we are proud of you for making the effort to do Singapore proud.

It is the message behind the award that would have spoke volumes.

Now with one stroke they had probably doused the flames of any aspiring local sportsmen other than soccer.

It was already bad enough with our educational system not favoring sports careers. This episode just reeks of a corporate mentality of treating an award like a dangling carrot to achieve corporate goals and not a celebration of a countryman's sacrifices.

I've got only 1 word for such an award - "Pui!"

[laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

Hypersonic

There're other nominees, ( paddler Gao Ning, sailor Colin Cheng and wushu exponent Seet Wee Key), other than the 'world Champion' for sportaman of the year (male), only he takes offence with the statement.

There're other nominees, ( paddler Gao Ning, sailor Colin Cheng and wushu exponent Seet Wee Key), other than the 'world Champion' for sportaman of the year (male), only he takes offence with the statement.

Gao Ning - the one who lost and kpkb when no coaches around when they (coaches) are concentrating on the girl team hope of Gold medal during Olympic : no no [shakehead]

Others still ok with me. -_-

there is something very wrong, we seem to make small of our very own talent that includes our footballers (who gave us so much pleasure in watching them) and now silat, what is really happening, i feel really sorry for the silat community, world champion and what more do you want, universe champion

Supercharged

How come always table tennis get? Someone up there likes ping pong? [:/]

Maybe she's good friends with the jamban woman.

Neutral Newbie

silat chief bei song and heavily emphasis why silat champion didnt get the award.

he didnt help to kpkb for the other 3 sportsmen nominees as well.

↡ Advertisement