Please ensure your head+tail+brake lights are working!

Sg2303

Dear fellow drivers,

As our vehicles age, due to high COE + due to 40% DP required + etc, please ensure that your tail lights and at least 2 of your your brake lights are working!

Just these few days alone, I have come across more than 10 cars with 2 or ALL brake lights not working. I have already tried my best to inform these drivers when we stopped along side at junctions. But there is only so much I can do.

Please, check your brake lights.

This is how you can check your tail lights and brake lights by yourself if you have no one else to check for you.

1) When reverse-parked in front of a wall, off your lights and observe the wall behind. Switch on your headlights and check your side mirrors. The 2 corners of your car rear should have red light casted on the wall. To check your brake lights, switch off your headlights. Step on the brake and check the side mirrors to see there is red light casted on the wall.

2) When stopped in front of buses (and some big lorries/truck), check your rearview mirror and look at the reflection of your car rear on the windscreen of the bus behind. You can see if your brake lights are working.

Please ensure your tail lights and brake lights are working.

This is for your safety and for others safety as well!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

[laugh]

I think many are just blur.

I have 1 neighbour (lady) who has all 3 brake lights not working. But she got it changed promptly after I left a note on her windscreen to inform her. -_-

• Praise 1

Actually this issue is getting worst, I observe more and more cars doesn't have any brake light working at all. Anyway instead of asking them to change, I just keep a good distant from the car in front all the time.

[laugh]

I think many are just blur.

I have 1 neighbour (lady) who has all 3 brake lights not working. But she got it changed promptly after I left a note on her windscreen to inform her. -_-

Makes me wonder do they service their cars, or nowadays mechanic don't care about all this anymore....

To add on...

3) Please ensure you TURN ON your FULL headlights (not just small light) at night. This is for us to see you not for you to light up the road ahead (SG roads are mostly bright enough).

4) Check that your headlights are not blinding the drivers in front of you! As a rough gauge, if your headlights light up the cabin of the car 3-4 car lengths in front, you need to adjust your headlights.

5) NEVER turn on your rear fog lamps unless really bad weather (eg. heavy rain or fog). It is VERY DISTRACTING and HURTING to our eyes! I'm gonna report you to LTA if you do this in front of me (dun say never warn).

• Praise 2

Makes me wonder do they service their cars, or nowadays mechanic don't care about all this anymore....

Most of the time, I have to tell the mechanics what is wrong and what to change. [laugh]

Actually this issue is getting worst, I observe more and more cars doesn't have any brake light working at all. Anyway instead of asking them to change, I just keep a good distant from the car in front all the time.

Yes, I also keep a good distance until there's a chance to stop alongside, then I'll tell them their brakelights are not working.

So far, all those informed seemed grateful to know. [;)]

(edited)

Normally brake light failure happen to taxi

Happen to many Korean rides, lorries and pick ups.

The Korean rides will have brake lights ON when parked. I noticed that few times. [laugh]

Edited by Kangadrool

Most of the time, I have to tell the mechanics what is wrong and what to change. [laugh]

That's quite rubbish, in the past when I work part time as Mechanic, my boss always say check everything that needs to be change, can earn extra, nowadays no one cares....

Happen to many Korean rides, lorries and pick ups.

The Korean rides will have brake lights ON when parked. I noticed that few times. [laugh]

For me i always notice new e class front headlight right side on when parking. And sometimes headlight failure. Something cons of having e class

Yes, I also keep a good distance until there's a chance to stop alongside, then I'll tell them their brakelights are not working.

So far, all those informed seemed grateful to know. [;)]

U good la, for me I don't bother, too many ungrateful ppl out there, tell them something, they give me MYOB face.....

To add on...

3) Please ensure you TURN ON your FULL headlights (not just small light) at night. This is for us to see you not for you to light up the road ahead (SG roads are mostly bright enough).

4) Check that your headlights are not blinding the drivers in front of you! As a rough gauge, if your headlights light up the cabin of the car 3-4 car lengths in front, you need to adjust your headlights.

5) NEVER turn on your rear fog lamps unless really bad weather (eg. heavy rain or fog). It is VERY DISTRACTING and HURTING to our eyes! I'm gonna report you to LTA if you do this in front of me (dun say never warn).

Yep, please on fully because it's DARK

alot of workshops during servicing they will just change your engine oil, clean air filter and check brake pads, dont understand why they cannot check other stuff like tensity of belts, check lights and tyre pressure....put so much 16 point check

For me i always notice new e class front headlight right side on when parking. And sometimes headlight failure. Something cons of having e class

Is this the "follow me home" light you are referring to? It will turn off after 1 or 2 minutes later.

I notice it alot of times too, is it wiring problem? Don't the owner care?

↡ Advertisement