Please ensure your head+tail+brake lights are working!

Sg2303

Actually, does anyone know what is the typical lifespan of the rear light bulbs? I was thinking might as well make it a routine to replace all the bulbs every 50k or so to avoid them blowing midway?

↡ Advertisement

Supercharged

Actually, does anyone know what is the typical lifespan of the rear light bulbs? I was thinking might as well make it a routine to replace all the bulbs every 50k or so to avoid them blowing midway?

wah... so rich ah?

I will check if my 3 brake lights are working whenever 1 SBS bus is behind me during a red light stop, due to thier big windscreen, can see the reflection especially at night.

Actaully it depends on the quality of the brand, I've encountered once the bulb fused only after 1 week.

Supercharged

this is how i do... park close to a white wall, tap on foot brake... all 3 light reflect! all ok!

but now i ask me wife check wahaha :X

I hope your wife got check!!

Not really, I shared how to check tail/brake lights in my post earlier

The other day, I stopped alongside a car at the traffic light and gestured for the driver to wind down the windows. Then I proceeded to inform her that 2 of her brake lights were not working.

She seemed to be in a daze and replied,"Oh.... which ones har?" [sweatdrop]

I just smiled at her and drove off as the lights turned green.

Does it really matter to her which lights were not working?? [hur]

you never ask her if her left bulb is more expensive than the other one is it.

Supercharged

it is actually a very funny thing to ask....

how can brake lights have typical lifespan tagged with mileage?

In city traffic, 1000km I can brake 1000 times..

in Highway traffic, I may not even have to brake for 1000km...

Over the weekend, I spotted 2 vehicles with NO WORKING brake lights. I was unable to inform them as they turned while I was going straight.

Please inform them if you happen to know them.

Toyota Vios SGH486G

Hyundai Accent SFY6509H

5) NEVER turn on your rear fog lamps unless really bad weather (eg. heavy rain or fog). It is VERY DISTRACTING and HURTING to our eyes! I'm gonna report you to LTA if you do this in front of me (dun say never warn).

Rear fog lamps are perfect at night in getting the message across to tailgaters that they are too close for comfort, and to back off :-) Edited by Vinceng

To add on...

3) Please ensure you TURN ON your FULL headlights (not just small light) at night. This is for us to see you not for you to light up the road ahead (SG roads are mostly bright enough).

4) Check that your headlights are not blinding the drivers in front of you! As a rough gauge, if your headlights light up the cabin of the car 3-4 car lengths in front, you need to adjust your headlights.

5) NEVER turn on your rear fog lamps unless really bad weather (eg. heavy rain or fog). It is VERY DISTRACTING and HURTING to our eyes! I'm gonna report you to LTA if you do this in front of me (dun say never warn).

I have no idea why drivers don't get #3. On top of not turning on their lights, some of these fellas drive around in the pre-dawn hours without any lights. Do they think they are saving electricity or what?

I have no idea why drivers don't get #3. On top of not turning on their lights, some of these fellas drive around in the pre-dawn hours without any lights. Do they think they are saving electricity or what?

actually, with the newer cars, i am not surprised if they are not aware that their headlights are not on.

when i was driving my older ride, the dash only lights up when i turn on the headlights.

with my current ride, the dash is always lighted. and it dims when i turn on the headlights.

there is no clear indicator on whether the headlights are on or not.

cars these days, the design is all similar, dash is always lighted. and with our well-lit roads, it is no surprise that the driver does not realize his/her headlights are not on at all!

actually, with the newer cars, i am not surprised if they are not aware that their headlights are not on.

when i was driving my older ride, the dash only lights up when i turn on the headlights.

with my current ride, the dash is always lighted. and it dims when i turn on the headlights.

there is no clear indicator on whether the headlights are on or not.

cars these days, the design is all similar, dash is always lighted. and with our well-lit roads, it is no surprise that the driver does not realize his/her headlights are not on at all!

Not true, there is always an indicator that lights up when headlights are switched on.

I guess it's mostly those long time drivers that face this problem. Last time, dashboard would not be illuminated. Turn the light knob once to switch on dashboard lights and parking lights, turn twice to switch on headlights. So at minimum forgetful drivers would still have parking lights on, else they can't see their dashboard at night.

For me I leave headlights in the Auto position, there's really no reason not to. One less thing to bother about.

My problem with leaving it on auto mode is when travelling on expressway with tons of flyover or overhead bridge eg. AYE..... Damn irritating to have the headlight switch on and off each time passing under them...

Not true, there is always an indicator that lights up when headlights are switched on.

I guess it's mostly those long time drivers that face this problem. Last time, dashboard would not be illuminated. Turn the light knob once to switch on dashboard lights and parking lights, turn twice to switch on headlights. So at minimum forgetful drivers would still have parking lights on, else they can't see their dashboard at night.

For me I leave headlights in the Auto position, there's really no reason not to. One less thing to bother about.

auto will encounter on-off when you just pass the shadows.

one of my bulb burst dunno is it because of the frequent on-off.

and for my car, seriously, there is no indicator that the headlights is on or off other than the dimming effect. which is not obvious BTW.

My problem with leaving it on auto mode is when travelling on expressway with tons of flyover or overhead bridge eg. AYE..... Damn irritating to have the headlight switch on and off each time passing under them...

exactly! and i dunno if my bulb recently blow is it due to the frequent on and offing of the lights.

True, but nowadays I ignore it. It's the price to pay for convenience and always knowing my headlights are on when I need it. I suppose one good thing is my auto sensor takes a while before activating, so overhead bridges won't trigger it and if I'm fast enough I can get through some smaller flyovers as well.

I seen an Altis in front of me, his lights go on the instant there is a shadow overhead. I went through without my headlights activating.

I have yet to see if my headlights will spoil prematurely due to auto setting.

auto will encounter on-off when you just pass the shadows.

one of my bulb burst dunno is it because of the frequent on-off.

and for my car, seriously, there is no indicator that the headlights is on or off other than the dimming effect. which is not obvious BTW.

exactly! and i dunno if my bulb recently blow is it due to the frequent on and offing of the lights.

Like that bopian... have to remember to switch on at night if you don't use auto...

usually when you park your car and step on your brakes, you will already can see the red lights shinning on the walls behind your car already.. why you people park cars don't look behind aand notice it ?

• Praise 1

Because I park head in. Cannot ah?

usually when you park your car and step on your brakes, you will already can see the red lights shinning on the walls behind your car already.. why you people park cars don't look behind aand notice it ?

• Praise 2

Twincharged

Because the place I park at got no wall behind the car.

• Praise 1