North Korea fake Mercedes

Yamapi

(edited)

kaengsaeng-88-inline-photo-361447-s-original.jpg

0ac1b3ce13cb9a3a723462ede8f8062f.jpg

LseiC.jpg

When the South Koreans began designing and producing cars from scratch, the dictator Kim Il-sung ordered his minions to show that the North could build cars, too. Except they had no clue what they were doing. The North Korean automotive

Edited by Yamapi
↡ Advertisement

(edited)

North Korea build replicas of the Mercedes Benz 190 and 200 just to show off to the rest of the world they can build cars too. They copied everything but they could not copy the engine [laugh]

They only built a few units and gave up

Edited by Stooky

(edited)

I think they rather put the money on researching nuclear missiles, more practical. Can blackmail neighbouring countries for food, tools & even cars. Why go thru so much trouble? You think they are very backwards & low tech? Who needs a Merc when you have a nuclear missile and get what you want by blackmailing others?

I think they are brilliant otherwise they would have been extinct decades ago.

Edited by Watwheels

i've found this to be a very intriguing car, but as the link suggests, the yellow one is the only photo i've ever seen of it. i'm surprised that the other 2 photos even exist.

N. Korea and China can produce AAA fakes, like LV bags, Lanvin suits , Submarines and AK 47 machine guns & helicopters.

Cars and women are their toys only