Tyre sidewall many hairline crack

Mazdacar

(edited)

178629041883cf4db8d34e2544c8a0343b611612.jpg

When I was cleaning my rims just now, I notice one of my Michelin Energy Saver tyre had similar cracks on the sidewall as shown in the picture. (Photo was extracted online) But mine was not as deep. It's not very visible yet.

Anyone can advice if I need a replacement or the cracks are normal due to exposure to bad weather on our sunny island?

Cheers!

Edited by Mazdacar
↡ Advertisement

Hopw old are your tires? --> How many years, how many kn, date code of tires?

You may also want to check more carefully if there are any deeper cracks anywhere on the 4 tires. Do this under bright sunlight.

When I was cleaning my rims just now, I notice one of my Michelin Energy Saver tyre had similar cracks on the sidewall as shown in the picture. (Photo was extracted online) But mine was not as deep. It's not very visible yet.

Anyone can advice if I need a replacement or the cracks are normal due to exposure to bad weather on our sunny island?

Cheers!

Looks like your tires had hardened and cracked under flexing.

For peace of mind just change that piece but if all the others were about same age then change all.

Cheers!

dun need to think, go and change liao, some money just cannot be save.

I just check the tires again. I am running on 3 michelin energy saver, German made (3 years old from manufacturer date) and one xm2, Thai made (2.5 years old). Not sure whats the mileage on it as i am not the first owner. But thread still have 60% left. Only my xm2 don't have the crack markings.

Guess I have to bring to workshop to check it out.

I just check the tires again. I am running on 3 michelin energy saver, German made (3 years old from manufacturer date) and one xm2, Thai made (2.5 years old). Not sure whats the mileage on it as i am not the first owner. But thread still have 60% left. Only my xm2 don't have the crack markings.

German tires again!

Just 2 days ago, I discovered my german made Goodyear effigrip had cracks (worse than yours)

I got them changed immediately.

http://www.mycarforum.com/index.php?showto...689385&hl=*

German tires again!

Just 2 days ago, I discovered my german made Goodyear effigrip had cracks (worse than yours)

s--t man your 1 look real bad, i think the tyres got defect, very seldom see crack that close to the rim.

last time i almost change to that, but got turn off by the soft sidewall..

Ive used Korean, Thai and Conti made. The korean and Thai mades lasted me throughout, donnu this set of conti will do the same, nabei.

Just check my GY EG this morning mo sign of cracks yet. Mine made in Cezh Repubic.

Parallel import tyres cheap cheap but are they suitable for our climate??? They may come from the same brand but from designing to manufacturing they are different. Such tyres are designed and developed with their regions in mind, road conditions, climate etc...

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Parallel import tyres cheap cheap but are they suitable for our climate??? They may come from the same brand but from designing to manufacturing they are different. Such tyres are designed and developed with their regions in mind, road conditions, climate etc...

hello 3yo tyres of course it will have hardened n cracking. [knife]

no wonder, u are a tyre dealer. Report lo

Edited by Holy_sniper

So far, talking about non-premium brand, MAXXIS thai-made gave me the most satisfaction, pricing and mileage.

German tires again!

Actually I saw your thread which prompt me to look out for my tires when washing my rims. Haha. Didn't expect it to start cracking so soon. Was taking my tires can last at least 5 years before changing.

Stop your bullsh1t about PI tyres la. We are talking about country of manufacture, not AD vs PI tyres.

Stop your bullsh1t about PI tyres la. We are talking about country of manufacture, not AD vs PI tyres.

to my knowledge, ppl who also say pl tyres got problem, is alway those ppl selling ad tyres.

i use tones of pi tyres. no problem at all.

in fact the tyre i face problem b4 is all from ad tyres .

my old volvo got its c3c 3 all crack inside, but i got free replacement, so no complain.

i used goodyear aysm b4 same crack, but its outside, 18' also manage to claim, and i am able to claim cos they accept its a defect and the tyre got problem.

and our brother using efficientgrip had crack also, and i believe e.grip is an ad approve tyre.

i see alot of my college using bridgestone t001. i believe its a pi tyre. all say its a fantestic tyre.

michlin ps3. tones of pi tyres outside, how many brother using? dun tell me. not suitable for our weather.

that is what i hear about cars also... thus it will be better to buy cars made in thailand, malaysia or china than germany, japan, italy

why bother PI / AD tyre , Germany/thai/ Malaysia / Italy usa ?

but make your own decision.

AD product got problem just go back to the retail shop for some explanation or go to AD agent

PI products you know is not endorsed by manufacturer so don't blame people if got problem

you make you.