Buying washing machines.

Babyt

When we are choosing a washing machine, we will see the machines indicated with their capacity such as for 7kg, 10kg etc. So how do I know if I have overloaded the machine w laundry? I have yet to see a machine that comes with indicator that I have overloaded it.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

When we are choosing a washing machine, we will see the machines indicated with their capacity such as for 7kg, 10kg etc. So how do I know if I have overloaded the machine w laundry? I have yet to see a machine that comes with indicator that I have overloaded it.

It is based on wet weight.

• Praise 1

Whatever you can dump inside jus dump

If it can move, it's fine Liao

Haha that's what I'm doing for past 8 yrs cos my washer too small 6.5 [bigcry]

• Praise 2

Hypersonic

It is based on wet weight.

Pls dun mislead people, it is based on dry weight.

You wouldn't wet your clothes and weigh it before dumping it into yr machine machine would you?

• Praise 1

so when can they develop a machine that can weight the laundry and signal thats we have hit the capacity?? :(

this is some simple feature i just wondering why they can include it?

so when can they develop a machine that can weight the laundry and signal thats we have hit the capacity?? :(

this is some simple feature i just wondering why they can include it?

a good idea for engineers working in the various firms.. they also could include a weighing scale in it.. easier.. Hmmm.. is it already available in the market?

Really? Always thought it is the dry weight.

i think a towel soak with water already 10kg [laugh] [laugh]

if you watch the running man show few week ago, they throw the wet towel on KS, he fell down due to the weigh [laugh] [laugh]

• Praise 1

if i were to dump 1 curtain sheet into a machine, it can gets very heavy when wet.

so how to gauge if a 7kg machine can handle how many sheets of curtains!

Pls dun mislead people, it is based on dry weight.

You wouldn't wet your clothes and weigh it before dumping it into yr machine machine would you?

The weight capacity mentioned is always based on wet weight. Am i right?

Hypersonic

The weight capacity mentioned is always based on wet weight. Am i right?

No. Washing machine capacity is based on dry weight, dryer capacity is based on wet weight. It's logical isn't it?

(edited)

The ang mohs go by the average weight of a men's shirt which is approx. 200grams or less.

Hence a 10kg capacity washing machine can wash like 50 men's shirt. This is just a guide. Sometimes I feel that ppl are obsessed with numbers. They need some kinda number to lead their lives otherwise they will be lost. :D

Actually I go for big capacity washing machine anyway. Can wash more clothes at a time. Can wash bed sheet & quilt cover together and not separate them coz washing machine cannot accommodate.

Edited by Watwheels
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

i think a towel soak with water already 10kg [laugh] [laugh]

if you watch the running man show few week ago, they throw the wet towel on KS, he fell down due to the weigh [laugh] [laugh]

I was asking in jest.

When the full load programme is selected, the water level nearly fills the whole tub and I believe there's more than 10L of water in the tub.

So if wet weight, knn, I no need to put any clothes in???

Weigh e clothes b4 u put in. After some time u wil b able to estimate e weight.

Usually if its overloaded....when come spin cycle...yr machine wil vibrate quite a lot.

U overload often....yr machine wil spoil faster.

Whatever you can dump inside jus dump

If it can move, it's fine Liao

Haha that's what I'm doing for past 8 yrs cos my washer too small 6.5 [bigcry]

What brand yr washer? Top or front loading?

U overload n still can last 8 yrs damm solid. [thumbsup]

My machine just kaput. Brandt. Not very good as it only lasted 5 yrs b4 konk out. [dead][dead]

↡ Advertisement