Insurance Allow Modifications?

Darryn

WOW!!!! modified fuel tank!!!!!! got so hardcore meh...only heard of change different type fuel pump but modified fuel tank!!!!!!

• Praise 1

WOW!!!! modified fuel tank!!!!!! got so hardcore meh...only heard of change different type fuel pump but modified fuel tank!!!!!!

DA is good.he know sing petrol ex so let us modified the tank to 10 wheel tank than can go jb pump till shiok shiok :D

u try go for their free quotation lor... i tried few mths back and when i clicked "i have modifications", the quotation stops there immediately...

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Pretty stewpid right? You do something like that you are just asking for trouble if you continue to drive your car on the road. What's more, you can't cross the causeway to track the car, already got such big problem for modify gauge, what more if you change the whole tank?

You are really dicing with stupidity

Turbocharged

u try go for their free quotation lor... i tried few mths back and when i clicked "i have modifications", the quotation stops there immediately...

Just went through - they must have updated because that question is not even asked - you just have to declare that mods are LTA compliant

Just went through - they must have updated because that question is not even asked - you just have to declare that mods are LTA compliant

wah... but anyway they claims to be the lowest car insurance offered, i took up another insurance even cheaper dan theirs of cos w/o declaring of mods for both insurance... mine oso legal but they dun accept so too bad lor...

Neutral Newbie

Trust me, the insurance company will suddenly pull out 300 pages of small print out of their ass and tell you you cannot claim because you mod when you try to make claim...all these insurance companies are like legal Nigerian scams. <_<

• Praise 1

Trust me, the insurance company will suddenly pull out 300 pages of small print out of their ass and tell you you cannot claim because you mod when you try to make claim...all these insurance companies are like legal Nigerian scams. <_<

And you will have a hard time reading because at the same time you have to smell the sh1t that emits from the fine print because it's pulled out from their ass.

Anyway I'm with MSIG. Cheaper premium than both DA and the other fella with TV adverts

So true. Agent promise one thing, reality is another completely different thing. SOP for most insurance companies... <_<

• Praise 1

(edited)

Thanks ER-3682 for this.

Luckily DirectAsia.com are not like most insurance companies in Singapore. As the blog post Fast and Furious? – The Facts About Modified Cars In Singapore says, we do cover modded cars, as long as the mods are LTA compliant. This is very different from our online competitor, and from many other insurers here, as you say. If the LTA has approved it, and they consider it a safe mod, then you are good to go. We do not pay for the modified parts themselves, but your insurance is not in any way invalidated by them.

Please do see our FAQ's on this here, and do check with the LTA - they provide a lot of guidance on which modifications are compliant for Singapore's roads.

If your car mods are LTA compliant then any claim you make with DirectAsia.com will not be affected by that. Rest assured.

There's absolutely no reason to exclude all mods as other insurers do. If the LTA doesn't consider them to affect the safety of the car, and they have passed them, then that is good enough for us!

Drive safe all :-)

Modify at your own risk,MOST Insurance company,not covered.

Edited by Directasia

(edited)

Hi Zniper,

Thanks for this, but not sure how this could be. There's absolutely nothing in our quote process which will stop you if you have modifications. It just doesn't work like that. There's no question asked about this on our Singapore website, and never has been.

Are you confusing us with a competitor who will stop you from getting a quote if you say you have mods? Maybe you got a number of quotes at that time?

I hope that helps .....

Edited by Directasia

(edited)

Hi Darryn, thanks for this. Just wanted to confirm here that our process has not changed on the mods question. It's presented the same way as it's always been - there's no question asking whether you have any mods. As mentioned above, we do make clear that if you do have any then do make sure they are LTA compliant.

take care ....

Edited by Directasia

Mod fuel tank not to mod bigger but mod smaller tank...to keep weight down. Normally for race application only. Mod fuel tank bigger...insurance approve also no use...Singapore customs will fail it. hahahahahaha...

Modify at your own risk,MOST Insurance company,not covered.

If its mod by the authorised agents dunno they will accept or not. (Eg Audi with their power up package)

For AXA I know they accept accessories as part of the car (ie they calculate the premium with your accessories added). My Defi triple meters, hood, IC spray & windown tints are from agent...and the insurance accepted them as part of the car and not add on.

I install at agent cos if install outside...they will void the warranty cos need to touch the engine. Pay a bit more lor.

↡ Advertisement