Help - Driving without License

SCChia

Do you write like this when you are sending company emails?

Very hard to understand what you are saying...

Of course not.. Hahahaha..

Anyway regardless if you have a good lawyer represwnting you or not, high chance of jailtime, and its sad

Confirm fine and jaIL.My friend just out not long ago cos of this case. Huat ar!! :D

So sad, and having a valid license and a Lexus you can knock a cyclist down and walk away a free person.. That is just as bad imho

Lets help TS and his friend by coming up with good mitigation , of cos must be reasonable and convincing ones, which should help to reduce the sentence. How about, your honour\majesty, i waitied for taxi for an hour and i had to rush to meet my future parents in law ? that was the first time i met them and they are very traditional. or whatever. next pls.

No matter how good the mitigation is, as long as its not life/death suitation, no chance at all.

Because the judge would feel disrespectful to the previous judge passing the driving ban.

[thumbsup][thumbsup][thumbsup]:D:D

that sounds like fun....

How about...

Your honour, I was checking my computer internet history when I saw that my boyfriend had been surfing a prostitution site and had booked an appointment with a girl that I recognised from my secondary school days. I knew she was under 18 and tried to call him to warn him, but his phone was switched off.

I was scared he would do something that would ruin his life so I jumped in the car to faster go and warn him....I knew it was illegal but I was willing to take the punishment if it would protect him from harm.

Neutral Newbie

Not sure what makes you think so, but the insurance is only in effect for a LICENSED driver. There will be no payout for any claims if the driver has no license as it does not meet the terms and conditions of the insurance coverage. I think you'll find it clearly stated in her insurance papers.

Best advice so far is to admit wrong, suck it up and move on. Fighting it will only make things worst, unless she is a white horse or you are the white horse that saves her. That one is a different ball game. :D

Now I understand why she is driving without insurance now but do you think will have such imagination?

Neutral Newbie

If there really is a "friend", I am suspecting TS is the car owner. [laugh]

I have a friend who let his gf drive, got caught, license revoked!

I am not the car owner, I will be pissing my pants off if I am the car owner.

Neutral Newbie

thanks for letting me laugh until peng early in the morning reading all the comments, made my day... :D

This thread had made my day since Tues but unfortunately not for my friend. She's been very upset since then.

Any good lawyer or good psychologist to recommend?

Neutral Newbie

[;)]

hahaha. let see what the court put across to u. Pls tell the court she got insurance but no driving licence. See whether she gets hasher sentence or not. TS, she want to risk driving without licence then she got to take the heat when being caught. This case is a losing hands down. No need to tell the court what 1st time driving it, they will never believe. Unless you can prove she needs to drive the car bcos a life n death issue when you call for ambulance to save yr love ones and SDF say sorry no ambulance at this moment as too hazy cannot drive on the road. Even this excuses, court will tell u. U are more likely to kill more people on the streets than saving your love ones, bcos u are totally not allowed to drive.

Ya, I agreed with you. Haiz... What to do now. Things can't be undone

Neutral Newbie

My advise ... dress decently, go to court, show remorse, plead guilty and ask for leniency.

No point spending money to engage a lawyer ...

Thats the thing she is deciding now.

Btw she is a PR, I am not sure if ICA will watch on her if she really got jail term.

Will you guys just plea guilty or find a lawyer?

Neutral Newbie

Actually, it is easier said than done....

Most of my friends under suspension can tahan only the first few months after driving for several years ....

After that, the urge to drive overcome them as when they started to take MRT, taxi and buses.... [:(]

Some had been complaining that while sitting inside the taxi, the driver skills irretate him so much until he feel like taking over the wheel. [furious]

I agree with you bro.... It's not easy to see a car parking in the garage but don't drive it.. Especially MRT and all the public transport can breakdown.

Taxi also so hard to call during peak hour.

Neutral Newbie

Then u can farewell to her.

Do u think yr company will still employ her if she got to check in changi

We thought of that scenario but she can just take long leave and come back to work after she comes out. Of course that's the worse case scenario. Hopefully she won't be sentence to jail

How will the company or HR find out?

Neutral Newbie

i don wan to say ' my friend ', i say ' me '....

i kena b4, licence gan tong due to drink driving case, friend told me not to drive bcos police will sent someone to watch me, i don believe..... one day kena By 2 plain clothes, i suspect someone bao tou me instead.

initially gan tong 2 years and fine, then kena 5 years and fine and queenstown remand for 3 months.....

So sorry to hear that. Queenstown still got a place to lock people now? How long ago was this case?

Thats the thing she is deciding now.

Btw she is a PR, I am not sure if ICA will watch on her if she really got jail term.

Will you guys just plea guilty or find a lawyer?

ho say liao.......PR gone!!!

unless she is somebody.....er....like ah shun...... [lipsrsealed]

So sorry to hear that. Queenstown still got a place to lock people now? How long ago was this case?

QRP now demolished liao le..... that was like... 8 years ago?

Twincharged

In 2003, My friend's husband kenah 2 traffic light incident... One was the bugis near raffles hospital, he didnt see the traffic light, he saw the one in front, then accident so auto 12 points deduct, then one time is traffic cam and one double zig zag line... Hoh seh... Suspended for 6 month or 12 months iirc..

Then this 28 year old kid, father buy him the latest Camry on the final month to celebrate him getting his licence back... One week before his suspension was over he getting more and more gian so he went to drive the car, two days later he kenah caught when he open his car driver door and the next day his suspension would be lifted, kenah caught cos he couldnt wait a day more (but he drove for 2 days le)... STupid max ..

Anyway he ASK so father engage a super good lawyer for him, suppose to go in sit 6-12 months (TP and police told him to be prepared cos max is up to 24 months), lawyer managed to get him 1 month in jail... Damn jialiat.. Career all gone cos of this have to work for papa after that... Sigh...

Another of my ex colleague, drink driving kenah caught just outside her place at meyer road, kenah gantong 12 months i ask her if she got hiong drive during gantong she says siao.. Cannot cos her ex bf kenah before, got police come and watch you cos i think that guy kenah caught then he managed to overturn the case with lawyer not sure if he walk away a free man with gantong extention to 5 yrs or 1 week jail, something like that lah..

Seems that jail is inevitable unless maybe can get super good lawyer maybe can get better chance

Erm, Be reminded suspension lifted does not mean got license to drive. Still must pass TP hor..

We thought of that scenario but she can just take long leave and come back to work after she comes out. Of course that's the worse case scenario. Hopefully she won't be sentence to jail

How will the company or HR find out?

wont find out unless someone botoh..hr v stupid de..dun worrt y she wont get jail de.

cos our goverment love FT..

↡ Advertisement