Changing tyres

N00b

hi all, am looking to change my tyres 195/60/15. after looking through the forum, am considering the following:

CPC5

AR10

XM2

looking at something that is reasonably good in wet and dry grip, noise lvl hopefully not too loud. I normally drive at 80-100 speeds, with occasionally aspirated cornering. the tyres should be able to last me for my last 2yrs, prob abt 60k or so.

any advice or recommendations? where to get a better deal?

↡ Advertisement

Supercharged

Mine is 195/55/15. Also looking for tires.

Combing the forum, it seems the XM2 comes highly recommended.

But I am undecided between the XM2 and the KU31 vs KU39

Looking forward to replies to this thread as well.

XM2 very slippery on wet..

Never had any issue with XM1 and XM2 on wet road surfaces during normal expressway driving (90km SG, 110km MY) with the Altis. MSCPs and painted road lines in the wet, yes. XM1 lasted for 60k KMs.

Never had any issue with XM1 and XM2 on wet road surfaces during normal expressway driving (90km SG, 110km MY) with the Altis. MSCPs and painted road lines in the wet, yes. XM1 lasted for 60k KMs.

so prob is the ground material which makes it slippery?

btw, any bro know if I can just sell off my old tires and rims?

Why not considering PS3?

hi, any idea what is the rough price for PS3 for my size?

XM2 very slippery on wet..

one year plus ago i got 4 new xm2......Wah bery slippery on wet, after drive 4K+ cannot tahan anymore. i trade in the xm2 for peace of mind... [wave] dont understand why many love it.

one year plus ago i got 4 new xm2......Wah bery slippery on wet, after drive 4K+ cannot tahan anymore. i trade in the xm2 for peace of mind... [wave] dont understand why many love it.

maybe you should have feed back this to Michelin , so that they can look into it

and since so many of them here had no issue and happy with it , could it something else [:)]

Supercharged

I was doing some read up on changing tyres. And reading the responses to this thread, the rims play a part as much as the tyres do when it comes to ride comfort.

is there like a guide on when one should be changing the rims as well?

How do you know if your rims needs changing and not the tyres?

maybe you should have feed back this to Michelin , so that they can look into it

and since so many of them here had no issue and happy with it , could it something else [:)]

yah loh...XM2 is one of the best sellers for comfort-based tyres...the record speaks for itself

(edited)

What did you change to?

I was thinking of getting the MX2,

I am on XM1 now.

:D

Edited by Jamesc

Knowing the limitations of the tyres will help too.

http://www.mycarforum.com/index.php?autocom=classified

Some of the tyre shops do trade-ins (CJ, AL...etc) but dont expect too much.

thank bor. enquired with some shops, but they only do trade in, and not straight buy without the trade in. reason being I have an offer for a set of rims and wheels, and the seller does not need to swap, so I need to source somewhere to offload my current rims and tyres first. any bros got any lobang, pls let me know! thanks!

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

I agree. I'm now on XM2 and I think it's slippery comparatively. I got not much to compare with, but only Toyo C1S which I was previously using, and Bridgestone ER300 (Nissan stock).

Comparing to that 2 tyres, XM2 is really quiet and comfortable. But it doesn't give as much grip, dry or wet. I think it's suitable if you're a slow and relax driver, otherwise I wouldn't recommend XM2.

Personal experience: the tyres skidded a little when I braked hard while negotiating a bend. It was a blind spot and there were some obstacles on the other side. ABS wasn't activated though, and there's only less than 20,000km on the tyres.

Hope it helps.

Edited by Nikelashi
↡ Advertisement