Knock Control CPU Faulty P1605

Kianbeng

Hi all,

Anyone encountering this fault on a Toyota? My Toyota Fielder is occasionally giving this fault code especially when I do high speed driving on the expressway - especially so I noticed when I'm on the NS highway. When I'm back, it's very rarely giving this fault code. The CEL goes on for a while and then goes off. But when I use an ODBII reader, I can still read the stored fault code.

So, my question is : should I change the Knock Sensor? I think this is the only serviceable part. I asked my workshop and he says he has not changed this before?

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

the p1605 means Diagnostic Lamp Driver Fault. if your car work fine, you can try to erase the fault code. and then check it appear or not. if the code appear again, I think you need to take your car to repair.

the p1605 means Diagnostic Lamp Driver Fault. if your car work fine, you can try to erase the fault code. and then check it appear or not. if the code appear again, I think you need to take your car to repair.

P1605 is a manufacturer specific fault code. You need to select the right car make. So for Toyota, its for the knock sensor.

P1605 is a manufacturer specific fault code. You need to select the right car make. So for Toyota, its for the knock sensor.

I suspect you are a vendor trying to advertise your shop. Probably zero experience with car repairs and that was why you said it's diagnostic lamp fault. Thats a manufacturer specific DTC - for Nissan cars.

↡ Advertisement