Jonker Walk Malacca Shutting Down

Chiawy

Turbocharged

Didn't know the street stalls need sponsor too? Tot they gathered together and the stalls sprouted up..

Anyway, things not cheap there and too crowded now.. Malacca lost some of its old charms when the tourist flocks came... and prices shot up.

If some find Malacca too commercial now, can also take side trips up to Port Dickson or down to Muar... still OK..

Hv fun! ^_^

But Muar now is 雾锁南洋.......... :wacko::blink:

↡ Advertisement

Didn't know the street stalls need sponsor too? Tot they gathered together and the stalls sprouted up..

Anyway, things not cheap there and too crowded now.. Malacca lost some of its old charms when the tourist flocks came... and prices shot up.

If some find Malacca too commercial now, can also take side trips up to Port Dickson or down to Muar... still OK..

Hv fun! ^_^

Yup, prefer Port Dickson now.

i went PD yew years back and is like a dead town. So its better now?

Some people like dead towns, some like highly commercialized shopping malls.

Bro, depends on what you want la. I go there cos I want something laid back and old. PD town is just like that, very sleepy and just some pasar malams.

Loved the assam fish at this Chardin Seafood Restaurant. Did not try their live seafood there as I heard its not really nice.

Neutral Newbie

Whoo Malacca can finally go back to the way it was when I just came out of NS. About a decade back I went, it already become too touristy for me and I buay tahan man. This one ex, my fav makan places oso kee geh...now maybe it can return to being a chillax spot.

Supercharged

My visit to PD last year :

That MacDonald (at 5.50 min) in PD town is the best so far I've been. It has a children's playroom on level 2, and free Wifi. Great view of the sea too! There's even a helipad beside it.

Other than that, the town is very basic and nothing much. Nite time even more quiet.

Supercharged

Bro, depends on what you want la. I go there cos I want something laid back and old. PD town is just like that, very sleepy and just some pasar malams.

I used PD as a overnight transit point during my last trip from Cameron Highlands to Singapore.

Its basically a laid-back place, not a happening place. Great for couples!

I used PD as a overnight transit point during my last trip from Cameron Highlands to Singapore.

Its basically a laid-back place, not a happening place. Great for couples!

Cameron need to stop-over for a night? Cameron not that far from Sing. Sing - Hatyai by evening also can.

Supercharged

Cameron need to stop-over for a night? Cameron not that far from Sing. Sing - Hatyai by evening also can.

Actually no need. But I just don't want to tired out myself and my car. So stopover somewhere to rest for a night. Its either PD or KL to stopover, but I choose PD for a more relax stay. :D

(edited)

finally....I don't mind it getting back to the old days where it was a quiet town....it getting too much now with all the tourists ...I don't think the retail or food outlet will go out of business as they will still find way to stay in business.

Edited by LoverofCar

I dun understand why alot of you don't mind here don't mind there, how about BKK? Down there used to be very quiet too at night without all the night market... Or even Taiwan...

Things evolve, we should look forward, without tourism, there will be a lost of income or decrease of income in that sector. Even Brunei which is such a BORING country to most ppl out there are trying to boost this area, trying to make it as busy as crowded as possible.

Your are right, if they really shut down the jonker street, there is nothing much in malacca liao?! [rolleyes]

there is actually nuthing much in melaka [:p]

I dun understand why alot of you don't mind here don't mind there, how about BKK? Down there used to be very quiet too at night without all the night market... Or even Taiwan...

Things evolve, we should look forward, without tourism, there will be a lost of income or decrease of income in that sector. Even Brunei which is such a BORING country to most ppl out there are trying to boost this area, trying to make it as busy as crowded as possible.

Brunei!!!???

*faint*

↡ Advertisement