Starhub Channel 855 playback discontinued

Mysportwish

(edited)

received a letter today, Channel 855 (catch-up TV - yellow button playback) will be discontinued after 31 Dec 2013, replaced by 857 VV Drama-On-Demand (higher monthly subscription).

HATE IT!!!! do we have alternate choice? I need VV Drama for my parent and MIO is not comparable yet.

Edited by Mysportwish
↡ Advertisement

How about channel 856, which is "3 hrs delay of 855". Because it miss the show at 855, you can catch the show at 856 3 hrs later.

Another alternative is the Starhub Hubstation with recording function, which is an added monthly rental charge.

(edited)

received a letter today, Channel 855 (catch-up TV - yellow button playback) will be discontinued after 31 Dec 2013, replaced by 857 VV Drama-On-Demand (higher monthly subscription).

HATE IT!!!! do we have alternate choice? I need VV Drama for my parent and MIO is not comparable yet.

u mean 856? I tot 855 is the main TVB Drama channel and 856 is the catch-up channel? Or do you mean 855 and 856 will both be discontinued and replaced by 857??

BTW I only recently cancelled my VV Drama channel for the Science channels. :D seriously you can get the latest TVB drama online much faster leh.

Edited by Baphomet

u mean 856? I tot 855 is the main TVB Drama channel and 856 is the catch-up channel? Or do you mean 855 and 856 will both be discontinued and replaced by 857??

BTW I only recently cancelled my VV Drama channel for the Science channels. :D seriously you can get the latest TVB drama online much faster leh.

Where to find online ones with english subtitle? Kum sia.

Supercharged

which source?

which source?

The ones I know of only chinese subtitles leh. And the website is in chinese. But the series are all quite new.. definately much newer then SH.

[:)] I PM u guys.

Supercharged

Both channel 855 and 856 (+3) will still be around, only the Catch Up TV service (need to press the yellow button on the remote) will be gone. This catch Up TV is you can watch those episode at your own discretion like you recorded it on a DVR, can fast fwd, rewind, pause and stuff.

Hypersonic

Need to get those HD ones where there are eng and chinese sub but will take longer time to download

What the !@#$%^&*?}

first EPL went to SCV and they started to charge,

then when subscribed EPL, wife also subscribed TVB

then EPL went to MIO, and i got that too. Now 2 boxes, 2 subscriptions, v ex...

few weeks ago, MIO said will raise price in future when contract ends.

now SCV come out with this...

am still paying a lot, and getting less worth...

Both channel 855 and 856 (+3) will still be around, only the Catch Up TV service (need to press the yellow button on the remote) will be gone. This catch Up TV is you can watch those episode at your own discretion like you recorded it on a DVR, can fast fwd, rewind, pause and stuff.

oic.. knn...

What the !@#$%^&*?}

first EPL went to SCV and they started to charge,

then when subscribed EPL, wife also subscribed TVB

then EPL went to MIO, and i got that too. Now 2 boxes, 2 subscriptions, v ex...

few weeks ago, MIO said will raise price in future when contract ends.

now SCV come out with this...

am still paying a lot, and getting less worth...

we really hv limited choice...... TV plan, mobile plan all increasing (reduce 12GB and give more SMS for what!!!....), where is our recourse?

I believe in future fiber broadband will increase as well, no more $39.9, $49.9 etc

The ones I know of only chinese subtitles leh. And the website is in chinese. But the series are all quite new.. definately much newer then SH.

[:)] I PM u guys.

pm me too leh..and if android have..please pm me as well [:p]

Turbocharged

we really hv limited choice...... TV plan, mobile plan all increasing (reduce 12GB and give more SMS for what!!!....), where is our recourse?

I believe in future fiber broadband will increase as well, no more $39.9, $49.9 etc

i also ended up with 2 boxes :D

then i terminated mio as couldn't tolerate paying just for football... the other channels have shows no one ever watches.

now starhub better come up with something affordable for EPL.

...else my only other choice is not entirely legal

↡ Advertisement