Recommendation for swmming lesson for young kids

Chongster

does anyone have good school/coach to recommend in the East side?

how young should one make their kids learn swimming. My boy just turn 3, too early?

↡ Advertisement

how young should one make their kids learn swimming. My boy just turn 3, too early?

i wanted to let my 2.5yrs learn swimming and i called several coach all dun want to accept saying it is too young.

they recommend to let them learn at 3.5yrs cos by time their understanding of instruction is better...

so in the mean time i just bring him go swimming for fun [laugh]

3 still ok la. The earlier learn the better, less phobia of water. At this age, you can teach him a little with those arm floats ba.

(edited)

I think its never to young to take kids swimming.

I wanted to learn to swim when I was young

but my parents never took me and now I have

a fear of water.

I am even afraid to show alone and need

the wife to shower with me.

Fear of water, its a terrible thing.

:D

Edited by Jamesc

Hypersonic

is he able to listen and execute instructions given without delay?

is he unafraid of water?

5 yo would be minimum imho

I think its never to young to take kids swimming.

I wanted to learn to swim when I was young

but my parents never took me and now I have

a fear of water.

I am even afraid to show alone and need

the wife to shower with me.

Fear of water, its a terrible thing.

Wa, lidat if your wife go overseas work, you smelly smelly? Haha, kidding, have fun showering with your wife! [thumbsup]

Maybe a bit too young... my daughter also just 3 this month and we are thinking of bringing her to swimming pools just for fun 1st and learn swimming probably in another year or 2.

(edited)

My boy started his swim lessons when he was 7 month old. He just turned 4 yo yesterday.

Do note that for toddlers, they are still not ready to master swimming strokes. Their core muscles and coordination are not there ye. That explains why most swimming coaches said they are "too young" to get started.

When my boy first started, the aim was to instill water confidence ie: to be comfortable with water being poured over his head, to learn how to hold on to the side wall etc. Slowly, he progress to immersing his head underwater, holding his breathe. When he was around 3, he started to learn how to kick and use his arms. But still not ready to master proper strokes. So now is more like dog paddle.

But at least, he's not afraid of water and is equally aware of the dangers involved.

Edited by Altivo

I have a friend who is professional swimming coach, PM me if u r interested.

Wa, lidat if your wife go overseas work, you smelly smelly? Haha, kidding, have fun showering with your wife! [thumbsup]

So thats why when my wife is overseas

people don't like to stand too close to me on the mrt.

thanks all [thumbsup]

yeah, i think my boy is probably not so good at taking instructions yet.. very good at doing the opposite in fact [furious]

i can take him to the pool, but my own swmming is not so good due to unenlightened parents, so want him to learn properly; seems to be a familiar story to many [laugh]

3 year old....just bring to the pool yourself and play with the kid. let him be comfortable with water but yet aware of the danger (never loose sight of them even for the shortest moment). Learn to blow bubbles, head under water, basic stroke as in able to paddle without breathing for 1m etc, pick up things in the water. When 5, then start learning. For mass class, coach will want the kid to be able to stand on the training pool without aid cos it is damn diff to keep watch on so many children. If you pay to have private coaching, then different matter.

thanks all [thumbsup]

yeah, i think my boy is probably not so good at taking instructions yet.. very good at doing the opposite in fact [furious]

i can take him to the pool, but my own swmming is not so good due to unenlightened parents, so want him to learn properly; seems to be a familiar story to many [laugh]

no need to rush, playing in pool is good enough.

proper coaching come later about 5, as long as he can get a gold by 10 years old should be ok liao. my boy stop going to the pool and swim for 3 years <_< <_<

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Baby-Swim/10...54‎Cached

sharon koh actually conduct swimming session for babies and toddlers ..

of course more pricey but private small pool and warm water ...

but i can never get time slots that i can make it

so depend on whether you want the kid to have confident in water or really learn the stroke ...if only confidence she is good according to feedbacks

throw a baby into a pool also must pay so much!! [shakehead] [shakehead]

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Baby-Swim/10...54‎Cached

sharon koh actually conduct swimming session for babies and toddlers ..

of course more pricey but private small pool and warm water ...

but i can never get time slots that i can make it

so depend on whether you want the kid to have confident in water or really learn the stroke ...if only confidence she is good according to feedbacks

throw a baby into a pool also must pay so much!! [shakehead] [shakehead]

she skillful throw one ok... and bb wont be scare one [laugh]

↡ Advertisement