2014 Mercedes CLA

Carbon82

i think Mercy is overdoing it.

first baby cls then hot hatch , trying to cover all the segments of the market?

brand dilution in the works.

stay on top.

↡ Advertisement

stay on top.

it's the only way forward for them...even BMW and Audi are doing it to expand and cover all the segments..

If you guys love German cars, you can go to www.autobild.de, they always have first or exclusive information & images of the lastest German cars.

The magazine of teh same name are also very good, with exclusive images & interviews, comparison tests, car mechanic stuff etc, & cheap also, just that its not available in SG, & also being in German.

I always love the U.K car magazines, (like EVO, Top gear) & car reviews from Uk sources, like EVOTV, carbuyer, Autocar, etc with great reviewer like Chris Harris, Matt, Steve Sutcliffe (if I find a car review say on youtube, & its American, I will skip, with one exception) , unforunately, EVO & other U.K car mags are not available where I live..

Edited by Kiadaw

Buying a Mercedes with Front wheel drive.??Must be kidding.!

A lot of people have no problem with buying an Audi with FWD also. Within the limit of traction, there is actually not much differences between front wheel drive, RWD, & AWD.

stay on top.

They got me in their grips liao. Am in love with the A45 AMG :wub: :wub: :wub:

They got me in their grips liao. Am in love with the A45 AMG :wub: :wub: :wub:

Agreed, its a beauty....

But like i say, it dilutes the brand somehow....

mercys are meant to be big in size, at least in my mind and heart.

Agreed, its a beauty....

But like i say, it dilutes the brand somehow....

mercys are meant to be big in size, at least in my mind and heart.

In some parts of the world, smaller cars make more sense, & people who need smaller car also may want some luxury, refinement.

A lot of people have no problem with buying an Audi with FWD also. Within the limit of traction, there is actually not much differences between front wheel drive, RWD, & AWD.

Cos normally RWD are seen as more expensive and more exclusive than a FWD. So people feel they are not getting the value there for a merc at such a price (I mean it should cost higher than a C Class right?)

In some parts of the world, smaller cars make more sense, & people who need smaller car also may want some luxury, refinement.

Totally dont deny that, in fact i understand.

But thats where a brand, a company, its values and principles are challenged versus economic values.

Perhaps extreme as an analogy but imagine a 2.5 liter rolls royce hatch back.....

(Not saying that it will not happen in future)

Cos normally RWD are seen as more expensive and more exclusive than a FWD. So people feel they are not getting the value there for a merc at such a price (I mean it should cost higher than a C Class right?)

It should cost lower than C class.

Size smaller than C, FWD, features would lower etc.

Looking at such type of shape, would be a bit weird if smaller than C Class. C Class cabin space already not that fantastic to begin with.

Looking at such type of shape, would be a bit weird if smaller than C Class. C Class cabin space already not that fantastic to begin with.

I also feel that the size should be bigger than C for the shape. But somehow, it is believed to be placed between C and B. If it is bigger than C, features would be comproised apart from FWD!

↡ Advertisement