Is there a name for these (rear) red lights?

Nicholas

Hypersonic

one thing i notice is the driver never signal whenever he changes lanes............2nd thing is he had alot of opportunities to over take the taxi.............but he choose to follow behind and NBCB most of the time.......... funny ppl.......... [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

↡ Advertisement

That's the rear foglights and it's not illegal.

Just that he used it for the wrong purpose. To irritate the tailgater rather than for visibility in bad weather.

my AD sales rep told me it's illegal in s'pore....

These are rear fog lights, which are mainly used in winter countries where visibility is very low. Here in Singapore, there is hardly any use for it.

I think it is illegal for them to be used here, in Singapore.

Would it be helpful when doing parking at very dark places?

The TD is CB again!!!

Supercharged

Maybe, if there is heavy snowfall perhaps. If not, the original reverse white lights is even better in aiding parking in dark places.

Maybe, if there is heavy snowfall perhaps. If not, the original reverse white lights is even better in aiding parking in dark places.

Honestly the reverse light is very limited light.

Neutral Newbie

Switching on of rear fog lights isn't illegal, but there are some regulations from LTA: Fog lights

The rear fog lamps can only be switched on when the front headlamps are switched on.

I use thr rear fog lights during farking heavy rain instead of the hazard lights. Better than create confusion right. And to those high beaming sonata unkers.

Switching on of rear fog lights isn't illegal, but there are some regulations from LTA: Fog lights

The rear fog lamps can only be switched on when the front headlamps are switched on.

What a weird regulation...

I use thr rear fog lights during farking heavy rain instead of the hazard lights. Better than create confusion right. And to those high beaming sonata unkers.

If use during heavy rain, I think it's well used. Btw in the vid, are those rear fog lights extra bright? I think the taxi uncle zhng it to disturb others also? Or issit normal? I've seen ppl zhng front fog lights until brighter than normal headlights. <_<

Only Axxholes and idiots use rear fog lamps in Singapore! [rifle]

I think they are smarter than the folks who switch on hazard lights during heavy rain...

chevrolet has them ... but not stock, as my optra only has the control stalk but the lamps are not installed.

however, when i switch them on, they just make my brake lights flare up even when not stepping on the brakes, that's why i dun use them at all.

My Optra has front n rear fog lights with seperate control fr each.

I think yours kenna kapo by the dealer n he re-wire yr brake lights to the rear fog light connection. [laugh]

These are rear fog lights, which are mainly used in winter countries where visibility is very low. Here in Singapore, there is hardly any use for it.

I think it is illegal for them to be used here, in Singapore.

I use them to shoo away those pesky tailgaters n idiots who highbeam me fr no reason. [laugh]

my AD sales rep told me it's illegal in s'pore....

The only reason he told u that is cos the model he trying to sell u dun have that feature so say its illegal. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Most AD cannot b trusted. I called a few n spoke to them. Ty lie like nothing just to try to close a sale. [pirate]

The TD is CB again!!!

Ty r good fr signalling yr GF following behind that yr wife is in the car n dun come beside n start blowing kisses. :D

Chk yours n see if one or both of the bulbs r blown. If not then u might wan to upgrade to brighter LED reverse bulbs then. But never exceed the original bulb wattage hor. Yr wiring harness might not b able to take the extra load n burn.

I dunno but I find the white reverse lights quite adequate fr its purpose. [rolleyes]

Suggest to install a good and clear night vision camera to assist reverse parking with confidence [:)]

Traffic Police name it "Illegal Lights Installation" in the summon, yours and mine car batteries will last longer than both cars in the video [cool]

The only reason he told u that is cos the model he trying to sell u dun have that feature so say its illegal. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Most AD cannot b trusted. I called a few n spoke to them. Ty lie like nothing just to try to close a sale. [pirate]

well, actually the model tat he was selling to me (and which i eventually bought) does have fog lights....it's juz tat he said it's illegal to use them....kinda strange to me, becos if they are there, they can be used, but perhaps under certain conditions only...

↡ Advertisement