Accident at Woodlands car wash killed two people

Jman888

The fines for drink driving are too lenient. Should be such that the moment you get caught for drink driving, your car is confiscated. Gahmen just take the car and scrap it immediately, no refund, no rebate, nothing. Then on top of that, the usual fines/jail sentences.

Singaporeans love their cars so much and pay so much for COEs, confiscation of cars may scare them a little more than fining them a pittance.

agree [thumbsup] .....shld also impose mandatory jail, mandatory loss of licence, n if a death is caused, mandatory caning....

↡ Advertisement

In China, most people I know of won't drive if they are going to drink because of the severe punishment there.

In Singapore, most people I know of will drive even if they are going to drink. [:p]

Something needs to be done!

(edited)

The fines for drink driving are too lenient. Should be such that the moment you get caught for drink driving, your car is confiscated. Gahmen just take the car and scrap it immediately, no refund, no rebate, nothing. Then on top of that, the usual fines/jail sentences.

Singaporeans love their cars so much and pay so much for COEs, confiscation of cars may scare them a little more than fining them a pittance.

A [whip] stiff punisment to this hopeless SUV driver may send deterrent effect to the major public..........

No one is Saint, some mild drinkers are unaware of serious consequentials in their violation at time of offence and regret is always too late [:(]

Edited by Fongmy

一人做事一人担当 It's Fair !

Tell him to stand infront of his suv and let the victim's family step on the gas and bang him lor , then fair. Else that 8 words is as good as crap.

Supersonic
(edited)

Personally, all drunk drivers should be punished severely and in the absence of insurance payouts, to compensate for the loss of lives + loss of future income to the deceased families.

But no premeditated planning/murder of his family members. This act will not bring back the deceased. Guilt and remorsefulness will in fact turn into more acts of revenge against u and etc etc until future generations. What's so great about it?

Drunk driving can lead to accidents but not all end up in accidents, though it is a matter of time unless that pea brained fellow wakes up to the truth sooner before he kills someone or himself. I have no pity for such but no revengeful method of killing his innocent family members. Their deaths mean nothing to me and will not bring back any deceased members.

Safe ride and please do not drink drive...... It's just so painful for everyone when fatalities occur. Go home safe and let someone's dad/ mum/sis/bro/

son/daughter reach theirs safely too.

Edited by PSP415
  • Praise 1

Supersonic

A [whip] stiff punisment to this hopeless SUV driver may send deterrent effect to the major public..........

No one is Saint, some mild drinkers are unaware of serious consequentials in their violation at time of offence and regret is always too late [:(]

The problem is the current penalties are not much of a deterrent. Parliament should enact much, much tougher laws to make drink driving penalties a real deterrent. Confiscation of cars, life-time driving ban, hefty fines and jail sentences.

(edited)

Personally, all drunk drivers should be punished severely and in the absence of insurance payouts, to compensate for the loss of lives + loss of future income to the deceased families.

But no premeditated planning/murder of his family members. This act will not bring back the deceased. Guilt and remorsefulness will in fact turn into more acts of revenge against u and etc etc until future generations. What's so great about it?

Drunk driving can lead to accidents but not all end up in accidents, though it is a matter of time unless that pea brained fellow wakes up to the truth sooner before he kills someone or himself. I have no pity for such but no revengeful method of killing his innocent family members. Their deaths mean nothing to me and will not bring back any deceased members.

Safe ride and please do not drink drive...... It's just so painful for everyone when fatalities occur. Go home safe and let someone's dad/ mum/sis/bro/

Well i am just stating a fact on how one can abuse this stupid structure that we have , doesn't mean one has to use it . Comeon la , our insurance pays nothing and the court would award pennies to the victims. Fair? My arse. Talk is cheap dude , how many times do people have to die before they actually push for more serious penalties. By the way drink driving to me is premeditated planning/murder , since you clearly know drink driving is dangerous and one choose to do it.

I have driven for more than 10 years and never have me nor my family drink and drive. Guilt and remorse won't bring the deceased back alive , neither will the family's life would become better through the loss of a breadwinner. In singapore , no punishment , no one gives a s--t about it. Just look at the smokers.

Edited by CH_CO

this one the champion of all champion, lagi more champion than this case, take place in May 2012

did the drink driving punishment go up? BOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! [thumbsdown][thumbsdown][thumbsdown]

20120513.142603_ferrari.jpg

Drink driving - minimum 5 yrs suspension.

Drink driving and cause injury - suspension minimum 10 yrs, big fine minimum $50,000, jail minimum 5 years.

Drink Driving and killing people - lifetime suspension, jail minimum 10 years, fine minimum $100,000, caning minimum 10 strokes.

5th Gear

This type of case will drag from 2~3 yrs before going to court. You look at those cases reported, happened so long ago then the driver kena charged and sentenced.

Supersonic

Drink driving - minimum 5 yrs suspension.

Drink driving and cause injury - suspension minimum 10 yrs, big fine minimum $50,000, jail minimum 5 years.

Drink Driving and killing people - lifetime suspension, jail minimum 10 years, fine minimum $100,000, caning minimum 10 strokes.

Don't waste time with a temporary suspension. Any drink driver caught automatically gets life-time driving ban. Or else the law has no bite.

Now , let me ask you something , if you are the victim's family , what has the victim done ? Worst if he is the breadwinner , don't aim the family? Then how to make him feel remorseful? Lives has being lost countless of times due to drink driving in recent years and the garmen is doing nothing . Personally I don't see how this is fair. This is manslaughter and yet the punishment are as good as a slap on the hands , fair? In no scenario where one chooses to drink and drive isn't dangerous. There are so many deaths ranging from running ambassanders to ferraris and yet no harsher punishments ? Seriously garmen are you dreaming??? Add caning to it can you will see dramatic difference .

The penalty of drink driving in Singapore is as follow :

1st offence - Fine of between $1,000 and $5,000 or up to 6 months imprisonment

2nd offence - Fine of between $3,000 and $10,000 and up to 12 months of imprisonment

3rd and subsequent offence - Fine of up to $30,000 and up to 3 years of imprisonment.

Anyone been found guilty of drink driving will also be barred from driving for at least 1 year, even he or she has not caused any traffic accidents

Just ask yourself what kind of punishment is there ? Probably petty crime yes but drink driving ??

I know you are angry at drink drivers, so am I. The current punishment is way to little for a person who drinks and drives, and I agree with you totally that it isn't fair. The punishment should be upped to even higher levels to deter people from even thinking about driving if they had drunk.

But the punishment should be for the one who committed the crime, and not the criminal's family, as the family might be innocent (unless the family had been in the car and been licensed to drive, in which case, their license should be taken away.)

Like what bro PSP415 has said, murdering the drunk driver's family will only bring on more hatred and anger in the world. The drunk driver took lives, yes, but he and he alone should pay for his act, and not his father, mother, wife, or kids. If you murdered his wife, wouldn't his wife's family come after you and your family? And if that should happen, and you are murdered by them, wouldn't your parents go after those who murdered you? The cycle of hate and anger will not end.

this one the champion of all champion, lagi more champion than this case, take place in May 2012

did the drink driving punishment go up? BOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! [thumbsdown][thumbsdown][thumbsdown]

I thot this one is not drink driving... I can't recall the actual cause of accident but I think the driver is not drunk

Scrap class 3A and get those 3A to to go for class 3 test in order to drive .... which dumb minister approved that class 3A in the first place ?

I thot this one is not drink driving... I can't recall the actual cause of accident but I think the driver is not drunk

whoooppssss [blush][blush][blush]

Scrap class 3A and get those 3A to to go for class 3 test in order to drive .... which dumb minister approved that class 3A in the first place ?

alot of losers complain hard to pass and not "practical" as they buying auto

Class 3A is just giving a laicense to an idiot to drive around and langgar everything.

↡ Advertisement