Scratches on Car

Kohck

(edited)

My sister-in-law drive a Nissian Latio and hit a Toyota Estima accidentally.

The Toyota Estima driver ask for $490 ($350 to respray the scratches and $140 to rent another car in the meanwhile). My sister-in-law is readily pay for it while we think she is being carrotted.

The scratches looks really minimal. I have attached the photo of the scratches here.

What do you think it is the typically cost to compensated the driver?

post-126132-1373096463_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kohck
↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

the respray does not only fill the affected parts but the whole piece will be resprayed. if they only spray the affected parts, it will look out of place. the amount quoted is reasonable though its not the cheapest you can get in the market.

(edited)

But $140 to rent another car in the meanwhile, is it justified?

Even if you go to your own insurer, i do not think they will give u a rental car for this small amount of damage.

So an amount of $350 instead of $490 is more reasonable. What do u think?

the respray does not only fill the affected parts but the whole piece will be resprayed. if they only spray the affected parts, it will look out of place. the amount quoted is reasonable though its not the cheapest you can get in the market.

Edited by Kohck

Hypersonic

That's quite a big piece of panel to respray. I think it's reasonable.

Remember to sign the private settlement form.

Even if you go to your own insurer, i do not think they will give u a rental car for this small amount of damage.

That's quite a big piece of panel to respray. I think it's reasonable.

Remember to sign the private settlement form.

Hypersonic

If it's yr sister in law fault, then basically you are at the other driver mercy. If claim insurance, I am sure it will cost much more than $490.

Just pay the guy $490 and move on. If you really feel it's unjusitifed, why not you talk and bargain with that driver?

Hypersonic
(edited)

So how the guy get around while his car is at the workshop? Of course it's at your sis in law expenses.

Anyway, it's just my 2 cents worth. The final decision is up to your sis in law.

Edited by Fcw75

If it's yr sister in law fault, then basically you are at the other driver mercy. If claim insurance, I am sure it will cost much more than $490.

Just pay the guy $490 and move on. If you really feel it's unjusitifed, why not you talk and bargain with that driver?

+1 agree with you bro..

The Sis in law bang people car liao have to take full responsibility... If its your car kena bang, will u take less than perfect to restore your car condition to what it was?

If for me, I'd insist on going back to the AD to do the respray/repairs, and bill your sis with all of the exps... transparent and nothing to hide.. your sis just need to suck it up and pay and take this as a lesson to be more careful in future.

As for the car rental, the driver would not have to take the rental car if not for your sis fault, and you asking him to take a lesser car when he is driving a Estima? Of course he will want to be back to his original condition and take a same car to fulfill his daily driving needs if your sis did not bang him..

In the end, he just wants to be back to his original condition and your sis has the responsibility to give him back this...

Hypersonic

If the guy is driving a Estima, probably he need to ferry his family ard. No car will be very inconvenient for him.

The scratches may be minor but unfortunately the panel they are on are a big one, as shown in the pic.

(edited)

Of course your sister in-law have to pay for the rental car when the Estima is under repair.

Already caused people inconvinence by going to a workshop for repair, still expect people to take world class public transport? Come on, the other party is driving a car.

If I'm the one you hit, somemore you try to be so kuai lan! Don't blame me for not giving chance by claiming your insurance and sending the car to Authorised Dealer for repair.

You think an Estima is a cheap car? $490 is a very reasonable price for the repair. Be grateful that $490 can settle the accident already. By right have to pay the rental price for renting another Estima.

Edited by Cheesepiekia

the repair should take 1 day. rental of 1 day of another car with similar size at $140 is very reasonable.

Think abt it. The guy might have to take leave to bring his car down to a workshop for repairs and moreover the repairs will never be as good as original.

If I can use $490 to settle it privately, I will be happy to do so. The other guy could have just claim insurance and the bill could come up to $4k to $8k?

Turbocharged

The Toyota Estima driver ask for $490 ($350 to respray the scratches and $140 to rent another car in the meanwhile). My sister-in-law is readily pay for it while we think she is being carrotted.

The scratches looks really minimal. I have attached the photo of the scratches here.

actually can nego under $400, simply because if its s side swipe incident, no 100% guarantee will win the case even if claim insurance. if the other guy is smart, offer $350 he will also accept.

Bro, do u want to lost NCD or you suck thumb pay $490?? U weight it yourself. [laugh]

↡ Advertisement