Not only in sg we $$$ Face!

RadX

This, I believe happened in Las Vegas. hilarious responses!

synopsis: Couple got married and received a gift of $100 from a guest. Bride sms-ed rudely asking why only $100 when per head was $200 for event....

So dun say we singaporeans think abt $$$......occurs everywhere la

http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/stomp/sg...s_to_bride.html

↡ Advertisement

I realised that the one who makes noise is the bride.... :D

pity the husband [laugh] [laugh]

Is the bride a singaporean?

lol....possible man [laugh] [laugh]

If head not so big, don't wear such a big hat la. If the couple wants to splash out for their wedding, fine, just don't expect others to pay for their extravagance.

Then again, a lot of people now value face over financial prudence, living beyond their means and then blaming everyone else when they run into problems.

If head not so big, don't wear such a big hat la. If the couple wants to splash out for their wedding, fine, just don't expect others to pay for their extravagance.

Then again, a lot of people now value face over financial prudence, living beyond their means and then blaming everyone else when they run into problems.

Exactly.

Btw I didn't know ang mo also need to give 'ang bao'. I thought their weddings like birthdays, just give a gift... so they shouldn't expect guests to cover their expenses, right?

(edited)

Is the bride a singaporean?

Who knows EX-FT of Singapore ? [:(] Attended numerous local wedding dinners [scholar]

Edited by Fongmy

This, I believe happened in Las Vegas. hilarious responses!

synopsis: Couple got married and received a gift of $100 from a guest. Bride sms-ed rudely asking why only $100 when per head was $200 for event....

So dun say we singaporeans think abt $$$......occurs everywhere la

http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/stomp/sg...s_to_bride.html

In New York, if you want to propose to your girl friend you must buy her a Diamond Ring.

Not just a ring with a small diamond but it must cost at least 5 months of your monthly pay.

Anything less than that and you may either get rejected or be labelled a loser.

Exactly.

Btw I didn't know ang mo also need to give 'ang bao'. I thought their weddings like birthdays, just give a gift... so they shouldn't expect guests to cover their expenses, right?

Same, I thought their events is give gift one. Like the couple will register for gifts and people will see what they can afford and buy for them, for their new home or something.

Such expenses cannot expect to cover one, if don't lose so much is good, if cover or extra is bonus.

Same, I thought their events is give gift one. Like the couple will register for gifts and people will see what they can afford and buy for them, for their new home or something.

Such expenses cannot expect to cover one, if don't lose so much is good, if cover or extra is bonus.

Yup... if scared cannot cover then don't host a dinner. End up make guest and oneself unhappy for what?

In New York, if you want to propose to your girl friend you must buy her a Diamond Ring.

Not just a ring with a small diamond but it must cost at least 5 months of your monthly pay.

Anything less than that and you may either get rejected or be labelled a loser.

Crazy... no wonder they come to asia countries to find wives instead. [laugh]

Yup... if scared cannot cover then don't host a dinner. End up make guest and oneself unhappy for what?

Or if must host dinner to "announce to the world", just do a simple one lor. This type of people, just living beyond their means for "face" purposes. It's easy to do things just because the others are doing it too. Really never think of their financial futures one.

Agree. It happens in every country. Here we see each other more often or as a matter of fact any nationals, therefore we see and hear such issues more often too in our community. So stereotyping occurs if people uses the small brain to think.

:mellow:

wait till one receives NTUC vouchers inside the red packet..all in $10 denomination :D

like this leh? [laugh][laugh][laugh]

blog13.jpg

↡ Advertisement