Indonesian 'death zoo'

Jman888

i think the school students been to this zoo will have nightmare after the visit [:(] [:(]

more like a torturing field, they probably have a higher chance to survive in the wild :angry:

Terrible conditions for animals at Indonesian 'death zoo'

Visitors of Surabaya Zoo in East Java are subjected to the grim sight of thin and sickly animals, which suffer from a lack of food and medical care.

According to a report on Acidcow, the zoo has even been dubbed the 'worst on the planet'.

While some animals are confined to tight spaces, others suffer from illnesses that are untended.

The place is also reportedly filled with litter.

The documented abuse of animals at the zoo has led people from around the world to petition for its closure.

Internal conflict has plagued Surabaya Zoo since 1998 and peaked in 2007, when a number of animals died allegedly due to poor treatment, reported The Jakarta Post.

On Sept 8, 2012, Santi, a white tiger, died due to paralysis.

Data show that almost 250 animals at Surabaya Zoo died in 2011, including a mountain goat that suffered digestive problems. An autopsy found plastic bags in its stomach. The zoo's veterinary team also found 25 stones in the stomach of a dead crocodile.

From June to August 2010, 20 animals died at the zoo, including a Sumatran tiger and 13 baby komodo dragons.

Most of the animals died from pneumonia, dehydration caused by diarrhoea and malnutrition, while other problems included a dirty and poor environment and lack of nutritious food.

pic2.jpg

pic4.jpg

pic7.jpg

pic10.jpg

pic13.jpg

↡ Advertisement

I saw this news last month and forwarded the pictures and info to Acres ( Wildlife Rescue Center), I wonder have they taken any action? These animal are living in hunger, weak and sick. Heart pain to see the picture of that skinny tiger, it that still a tiger?!!!! It doesn't enough have the strength to stand up probably..... [smallcry]

Please do your part to help this poor animal.

Acres website - http://www.acres.org.sg/aboutacres/ourmission.html

jialat.. I neber see a tiger so skinny.. [knife][bigcry]

you can try be the 武松 with this tiger [laugh] [laugh]

I saw this news last month and forwarded the pictures and info to Acres ( Wildlife Rescue Center), I wonder have they taken any action? These animal are living in hunger, weak and sick. Heart pain to see the picture of that skinny tiger, it that still a tiger?!!!! It doesn't enough have the strength to stand up probably..... [smallcry]

Please do your part to help this poor animal.

Acres website - http://www.acres.org.sg/aboutacres/ourmission.html

this was quite an old news back in 2010, i believe what need to be done had already been done.

pic15.jpg

The documented abuse of animals at the zoo has led people from around the world to petition for its closure, as seen in this Change.org petition.

jialat.. I neber see a tiger so skinny.. [knife][bigcry]

yalor

they should apply to stay in Singapore Zoo [thumbsup][thumbsup]

there the tiger good eat good sleep [grin][laugh]

yalor

they should apply to stay in Singapore Zoo [thumbsup][thumbsup]

there the tiger good eat good sleep [grin][laugh]

when the haze come, the animals get to stay in the aircon room and given a mask before the zookeeper [laugh] [laugh]

when the haze come, the animals get to stay in the aircon room and given a mask before the zookeeper [laugh] [laugh]

when tiger got no food, the zoo keeper offer himself [lipsrsealed][lipsrsealed][lipsrsealed]

Hypersonic

you can try be the 武松 with this tiger [laugh] [laugh]

this tiger is so hungry that if 武松 is to meet it............history may have to re-write liao............and 梁山108 will become 107 liao.............. [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

Turbocharged

I want to hijack this thread to ask, is the zoo at malacca nice or not ? worth visiting ? am considering going there. anyone been there pls advice, thanks.

tianmo, i not asking about the spa ok ? is zoo. [laugh]

Supercharged

I notice the zookeepers all look fat fat wan.

Maybe they tar-pau home the food meant for the animals.

The way they allow the haze problem to start...why so surprised with the zoo?

Ya, they have no regards for human lives, what makes you think they have any regards for animal lives.....

↡ Advertisement