Accidents claims vs next round's premiums.

Simonsoh

In Jan, I reversed into a 5-series while doing a 3-pt turn. I was slowly doing reversing while he chiong and try to squeeze through. bang into 3 panels. two doors and last panel. anyway, say so much also no use. i reverse sure i lose right? so after negotiating, almost settle with him 1.5k cash. Last minute did not materialise and he went PM to repair.

6 moths later, still no update from my insurer and this morning called them, guy said case closed long ago 6k. wah lao.. i tot supposed to inform me if any claims made against my policy? made me worry for so many months that it will be a giant claims.

he went back PM and changed 3 panels and est 5 days loss of use. 6k quite ok rite? never tock me i think. juz do good his car.

I just curious next round what is the increase in premiums like? I heard under 10k claims the increase should be minimal rite? vis-a-vis paying 1.5k to private settlement, i should be "earn" rite?

↡ Advertisement

confirm increase but must see if it affect your NCD. If reduce NCD then the total over next few year definitely more than $1.5K.

how come the insurance company never show you the claim and try to 'bargain' for you. I remember my last and only claim, they show me the detail breakdown of the claim (for both 3rd party and my car) and say if i am not satisfy will bargain further, although they could be faking but at least i feel better [laugh] [laugh]

i think its better to claim insurance. 6k seems resonable with the face that he went back to PM for the repairs. 5 days loss of use should be about $1k and the rest i think they claim for repairs.

ya i think 6k is reasonable too. I rather he go back BM and change original parts than go to private workshop with private lawyers with funny medical fees! i still remember insurance coy say that before settlement will call me with the figure and discuss etc. never leh.. stupid forgot to ask them if affect my NCD. will call again later.

Can't answer your question...but I can give you a tip...

Next renewal...check around. But NTUC is one that you must check...

A few years back...I also did a OD (Own damage). When it came to renewal...my insurance guy tell me go check NTUC and others see how much they quote. NTUC was a few hundred more (think was less than $300) and the rest was cheaper...but I insured with NTUC....why ? Cos NTUC load you one time nia...while others will load you for 3 years.

So do check before you renew. NTUC steady...load me one time nia...and the next 2 years the premium was back to normal even though my NCD was under 50%.

Supercharged

confirm increase but must see if it affect your NCD. If reduce NCD then the total over next few year definitely more than $1.5K.

how come the insurance company never show you the claim and try to 'bargain' for you. I remember my last and only claim, they show me the detail breakdown of the claim (for both 3rd party and my car) and say if i am not satisfy will bargain further, although they could be faking but at least i feel better [laugh] [laugh]

which insurer is that?

Supercharged

haha ok seldom heard of people insuring under them.

last time I ever insure under china insurance, the experience when it comes to making claims, also not good

(edited)

In Jan, I reversed into a 5-series while doing a 3-pt turn. I was slowly doing reversing while he chiong and try to squeeze through. bang into 3 panels. two doors and last panel. anyway, say so much also no use. i reverse sure i lose right? so after negotiating, almost settle with him 1.5k cash. Last minute did not materialise and he went PM to repair.

6 moths later, still no update from my insurer and this morning called them, guy said case closed long ago 6k. wah lao.. i tot supposed to inform me if any claims made against my policy? made me worry for so many months that it will be a giant claims.

he went back PM and changed 3 panels and est 5 days loss of use. 6k quite ok rite? never tock me i think. juz do good his car.

I just curious next round what is the increase in premiums like? I heard under 10k claims the increase should be minimal rite? vis-a-vis paying 1.5k to private settlement, i should be "earn" rite?

Hi Simon,

Mine same story as yours. Premium increase from $1.1k to $2.4k with MSIG.

Then one of my soccer kaki offers to help me get a quote.

Apparently he is doing quite "big" in the GI biz, thus can GUARANTEE cheapest quote.

Well, he got me a quote for ard $1.5k!

If u interested, PM me your number. I ask him to ctc u directly.

Edited by Ronleo

They took the easy way out

Pay first, claw back from u

AIG also did not bother to update me until i had to call them for the amount when i wanted to renew my insurance elsewhere

The worst bit was, it was only 800-900 bucks i think.

I could have paid out myslf!!

haha ok seldom heard of people insuring under them.

last time I ever insure under china insurance, the experience when it comes to making claims, also not good

that was when they tie up with AA to offer to their members, got a 10% discount, guess they were new in the market then.

Wait wait, ur nick seems familiar...... Ok back to topic

Wait wait....... U doing 3 pt reversing , he gng forward direction. What makes you so sure u lose the case??? But since then if u scare n admit ur fault, no need to say Liao. Haiz

It's one sided story but if u say is true, I think it's his liable leh, if u fight this case, n win 80%, ur ncd wun be affected

So sorry for you

[:(]

Supersonic

that was when they tie up with AA to offer to their members, got a 10% discount, guess they were new in the market then.

AA's "member" price CMI la. anyhow ask around outside oso cheaper.

Did I read the story wrongly?

Ts rear view hor? BMW front view, ts reverse, bm should wait, if he confident to sqeeze, bm bang bm wrong??

AA's "member" price CMI la. anyhow ask around outside oso cheaper.

i very silly to kena chop carrot one, AA called and i take lor and they say got free NCD protector :D

duno it was a curse and zhun zhun that year accident (my first and only!) [laugh] [laugh]

i very silly to kena chop carrot one, AA called and i take lor and they say got free NCD protector :D

duno it was a curse and zhun zhun that year accident (my first and only!) [laugh] [laugh]

i dreamt abt it i remember [laugh] [laugh]

thank you lor <_< <_<

basket....ppl gib u warning...else u meet my avatar liao....part 7 [:p] [:p]

nxt time i dream bo chap...send wreath strt away...u shifted yet?

↡ Advertisement