Are Singaporean workers... expensive & entitled?

Viceroymenthol

why like that.

jamesc comment had always been bothering on 1/2 right 1/2 wrong statement. his style mah

like Lightbringer, his posting always bothering on Sinky :D

most blatant is gearoil lo....that one tru anti-sinkie [laugh] [laugh]

↡ Advertisement

(edited)

that is indeed a virtue.....and yes, u can never have enuf.....which is why for ma, i am content....and building my other philantrophic resources

I am always very philantrophic on donating my billions( of sperm) to inviting guests.

Edited by CH_CO

But bro...it is a conscious effort. What for to compare. Be contented with what you have. You can never have enuf? How to compare w ppl like Throttle n all? no point? yes, it may motivate you, but at the end? Simple law of physics, something gotta give.

ppl really have to sit down and reflect what they really want and not what the neighbor has to drive their wants

I'm at a different stage in life from you and bros like Throttle2 and sp4wn. Just starting out in my career / adult life, so have to work a little more to be comfortable in future. But, I'm not jealous of others who've achieved wealth through their own efforts. It's just motivation for me to work harder, so that I can achieve my goals.

I see my financial goals as a means toward my life goals, and it's not like I geared my life just toward financial goals. Haha..

Supercharged

But bro...it is a conscious effort. What for to compare. Be contented with what you have. You can never have enuf? How to compare w ppl like Throttle n all? no point? yes, it may motivate you, but at the end? Simple law of physics, something gotta give.

ppl really have to sit down and reflect what they really want and not what the neighbor has to drive their wants

[nod] Supork with both my hands and legs [laugh] ... It is about opinion and choice, I may be poor but if I can provide 3 meals, educations to Uni, roof to stay what more? Every yr go tour? (yes but not essential or even go legoland is tour) Car? (comfortable to have but not a must)

I just want my sons to grow up healthy and have a life skill, he is free to choose what he wants... Greed comes from Vanity, Vanity comes from Jealousy, Jealousy comes from insecurity... Always thinking not enough, Money is nv enough...

Side track again... I still think the report is not comprehensive enough to reflect the true situation.

Neutral Newbie

The problem with the strawberry generation is they listen

to the nonsense they hear older people sprout and just copy them.

Too many strawberries have parents who over pamper them and spoil

them. They have parents who have unrealistic expectations. They want them

to first in class in every subject and want them to get MBA and PhD and expect

them to be MDs and Chairman without even working their way up and getting their

hands dirty. They want them to tell people what to do without even knowing how

to do the job themselves. They want their kids to have the good life. The car, the condo.

We should teach our kids the value of being poor, be happy with a small HDB.

Take the bus and MRT. Not everyone should have a car and live in private property right.

Not everyone can be the manager or MD right. Lets teach our kids to be clerks and storeman.

There are all honest jobs right? Lets enourage our kids to be hawkers and veg sellers.

Or are people here saying my kids should be execs and get good jobs and stay in condos but let other people

kids or the low paid work and stay in 3 room flats?

:D

I hope you are serious about your post, you will teach your kids this? If so, I think many parents will be very happy. One less competitor.

On a serious note.

My mother is like this.. and did not harbor high expectations on both me and my bro when we were young.. But me and my bro turn out differently. My bro is way laidback and not accomplished much though he is in his 30s. Im better off, though could do better.

My partner's family, parents were strict and higher expectations on the children. But turned out.. doing soso.. not high flyer. :P

So depends on situation, can't blame parents, though they play some part. I am naturally more competitive and since young, love the smell of $$. So at every school holiday, find chance to take up temp job to earn more.

My bro on the other hand, relak.. He does not drive, and not aspiring to own his own property/car/assets. Still staying with parents. Strawberry anot? He is in his early 30s.

I'm at a different stage in life from you and bros like Throttle2 and sp4wn. Just starting out in my career / adult life, so have to work a little more to be comfortable in future. But, I'm not jealous of others who've achieved wealth through their own efforts. It's just motivation for me to work harder, so that I can achieve my goals.

I see my financial goals as a means toward my life goals, and it's not like I geared my life just toward financial goals. Haha..

that is good indeed...keep it up. Work-life at my age, i realise is importance....family time, priceless......so treasure it [thumbsup]

eh, dun compare me to those 2 lah....diff league...... [hur]

Well, for me, mom never put pressure, but when dad applied to be fertilizer when i was 10...RIP, i knew in me, i had to be the man of the house. so it was intrinsic. Nobody teaches you that. It is common sense.

Coupled with illnesses along the way, it looked bleak, but i persevered, and guess, she is now enjoying the fruits of her hard work, ie me.

I asked mom why she no put pressure yadda yadda....and she said, she left it to a higher divine authority to guide me along...and well, guess it worked fine.

on the contrary, have a sis who went the other way....so u cannot really explain lah!

jus live life, take each day as it comes and never regret time lost!

most blatant is gearoil lo....that one tru anti-sinkie [laugh] [laugh]

This guy always end with a smiley so don't know when to treat his post seriously also... So most of the time, just skip his posts.... [laugh]

(edited)

Well, for me, mom never put pressure, but when dad applied to be fertilizer when i was 10...RIP, i knew in me, i had to be the man of the house. so it was intrinsic. Nobody teaches you that. It is common sense.

Coupled with illnesses along the way, it looked bleak, but i persevered, and guess, she is now enjoying the fruits of her hard work, ie me.

I asked mom why she no put pressure yadda yadda....and she said, she left it to a higher divine authority to guide me along...and well, guess it worked fine.

on the contrary, have a sis who went the other way....so u cannot really explain lah!

Able brother/s which dotes the sister =less capable sis. Normal , i have a strawberry sis at home as well. Not that she is stupid but she is less driven

Edited by CH_CO

Supercharged

Able brother/s which dotes the sister =less capable sis. Normal , i have a strawberry sis at home as well. Not that she is stupid but she is less driven

Seems to be a norm for a family... I have one and my elder sis seriously went off track... well, for me I'm happy...

Supersonic

Aiya, no need to compare w others esp in a forum. Everyone can talk big, HL and act like donald trump behind the keyboard. Gotta learn to differential facts from fiction (and there's lots of that going around online.....)

If u happy w what you're doing, keep doing it. If not happy, change it - what's stopping u? Juz dun take on the toxic 'victim mentality' and blame others for everything. It doesn't do anything except making one look small.

Juz my old man 1 ct.

Up for you bro.

Hardships can really make or break you. Looks like someone up there dotes on you.

Up for you bro.

Hardships can really make or break you. Looks like someone up there dotes on you.

thks bro...as what you say, sometimes luck, and incomprehensibly, the powers within and without that we do not know.

Turbocharged

fully agree with you on this. it is really a conscious effort. but once a person gets it, it becomes more effortless, but never truly effortless, over time.

not many folks i know, be they young or old, successful or otherwise, are contented with what they have. that is pretty much the human genetic make up. If not, there would have been no wars and conflicts which are mostly a result of greed which arises from being discontented in one way or another.

Sounds alot similar to my life story. ^_^

Sounds alot similar to my life story. ^_^

no wonder we both want the same car...E39 M5.....u twin bro bo [laugh] [laugh]

no wonder we both want the same car...E39 M5.....u twin bro bo [laugh] [laugh]

If twins were born 30 years apart then yes. Haha.

↡ Advertisement