Rubbish chute fogging and roaches

Rollagt

I had bought a resale house and town council had performed routine rubbish chute fogging yesterday and give instructions to mask up the chute door to prevent roaches from escaping.

Today, I found a few small roaches and some eggs on the kitchen floor. To make things worse, there is this big roach as well, all not dead yet. <_<

Any bros/sis can share their experience and the ways to prevent roaches from invading into the house after the fogging process ?

↡ Advertisement

(edited)

I had bought a resale house and town council had performed routine rubbish chute fogging yesterday and give instructions to mask up the chute door to prevent roaches from escaping.

Today, I found a few small roaches and some eggs on the kitchen floor. To make things worse, there is this big roach as well, all not dead yet. <_<

Any bros/sis can share their experience and the ways to prevent roaches from invading into the house after the fogging process ?

that is the cons of having the chute built inside the unit....smell and roaches will be a problem. This is the design for older flat......unless you tape up the chute door and don't open it for some days.....it unavoidable that the roaches will seek an escape path when it is opened after the fogging process..

Edited by LoverofCar

My chute door is those flat type, machiam built into wall type.

Normally I juz use masking tape to seal the spacing.

Maybe cos my windows are using those magnetic insect screen as well,

Thus no such issue when fogging.

I had spend $180/- few years ago to change the chut door to those flat one with lock handle and even ants can't even crawl through ... -_-

iwhy not buy some 3M rubber seals with adhesive and stick to the rubbish chute [confused]

iwhy not buy some 3M rubber seals with adhesive and stick to the rubbish chute [confused]

errrr.... then every now & then you have to seal the chut door when receiving notice of fogging .... [sweatdrop]

The one I changed has a rubber lining all round to prevent ants also ... -_-

errrr.... then every now & then you have to seal the chut door when receiving notice of fogging .... [sweatdrop]

The one I changed has a rubber lining all round to prevent ants also ... -_-

what i am trying to say is how come cannot buy a rubber seal and own swlf stick on the old chute?

Woah, where you get napalm from? Or just douse the whole chute with fire and light it up?

call firebat to tao car chew [grin][laugh][laugh]

Firebat_SC2_DevStory1.jpg

what i am trying to say is how come cannot buy a rubber seal and own swlf stick on the old chute?

Then the door could not close tight if self fix. This flat ones sit nicely with the frame.

Orginal one have groove for the rubber seal ...