Too much oil!!!

W1ck3d

hi, i just realised my WS put in too much oil. it's way above the max line.

can anyone tell me how to take out some of the oil out?

↡ Advertisement

Nvm one la.. better than no enough oil..

(edited)

Take a shower/shampoo pump and connect it to a tube (fish pump tube).

Insert the tube into the dispstick hole/oil filler hole.

Standby a mineral water bottle and pump out the excess oil.

Simple DIY which is my ritual after every visit to the workshop for oil change. Almost all WS will overfill one.

Remember to dispose properly. Submit back to WS or petrol station.

Edited by Kangadrool

Nvm one la.. better than no enough oil..

Brother, dun said never mind it can be a big thing.

Over filling can be worse than under filling. What happens is the crankshaft will whip up all the oil and foam it. The oil pump will then have to pump this air entrained fluid, sending an air/oil mix through the engine. Air will compress under pressure and create a cavitation effect at the bearings where the pressure is released. The air compression will also stall the oil getting to other engine parts.

Most of WS in Singapore, the staff just dun care, whatever car >2.0L come in for servicing, they just put 4 ltr of oil. WTF :wacko:

from google:

For once, it takes more power to turn the crankshaft, so your engine appears to "lose" some power. This may, in extreme cases, damage certain seals and gaskets. Far worse, however, is that the surplus oil will be blown into the air intake manifold, from there it gets into the cylinders (together with the air), where it is burnt - damaging or destroying the catalytic converter, which is really expensive! Ideally, the oil level in your engine should be somewhere between the "min" and "max" marks on the oil stick for everyday use.

Google 'overfilling engine oil'.

If I were u I wouldn't do it. I will get the stupid mechanic to do it instead. The have pump to suck out via the dipstick tube...

Use this one to suck some out:

The tube insert must be flexible and thin. This is too large and too rigid. If you can retrofit with a fish tank pump tubing, it should do the job.

You checked the dip stick on cold engine or ??

Correct way of checking , must be after engine warm up.... ( radiator fan kick in )

Check again ?

You checked the dip stick on cold engine or ??

Correct way of checking , must be after engine warm up.... ( radiator fan kick in )

Check again ?

The last time I mentioned checking oil after warm-up, a lot of people here jumped. It seems that there *might* be different standards from different manufacturers because a lot of people insisted their oil has to be checked cold (and say I anyhow hantam).

My owner's manual states to check oil warm btw.

I have much reservations on yr suggestion. You should try it out and let us know the result.

You need very strong suction for the oil to go be pump out via a very small dia tube. Normally a small vacuum pump will do the work, but it's just too expensive for just one time purpose. The next best is to us a workshop syringe.

post-272-1374330541_thumb.jpg

post-272-1374330710_thumb.jpg

(edited)

thats why i dont trust workshop fully. Some even said EO from europe are of different formula.. <_<

[laugh]

In fact, my first routine after changing EO is to remove the excess. It never fail me for me to remove 0.5L each time. I rather not talk to them.

Edited by Kangadrool

I have the oil extractor.............if need PM me............I am in the WEST............ [:)] [:)] [:)]

↡ Advertisement