At Shell, HSBC or Citi for now? UOB BACK!

Since UOB is out of Shell and HSBC and citi came in, which is a better choice at Shell? just to round up:

HSBC Visa:

10% (station) + 8% (rebate, need to spend 600+ every month, not necessary to be patrol) = FES 17.2%

Citi Dividen:

10% (station) + 4% (cash rebate) + 4% (Dividen rebate min 50 spend in patrol) = FES 18.1%

BUT!!!!

for HSBC card, whenever you spend, like dining or shopping or NTUCing, S$5 = 1 escape point and fyi 600 points = 20 dollar shell voucher.

very very complicated! why they cant just give discount when we pump. haiz... have been using Citi for months and now thinking to switch to HSBC.

what.s your thought?

↡ Advertisement

on top of this hsbc is giving $4 off for every $60 petrol pumped.

Yes, just collected the voucher today. Valid till Sept only. [laugh]

I just applied the card today and the sales guy didn't mention the 4 dollars to me.

After some calculation, I still think the HSBC is worth a try so I will put my dividen into Leng Gong

so complicating. Gas men just want to confuse us. In the end I just kept pumping at the station nearest to me. That extra couple percentage discount didn't bring me to a further station.

Turbocharged

zhun bo? So far, they never gibe me leh.

they gave me over the counter but I don't have hsbc card. straight into the bin after I left the petrol station. :D

Since UOB is out of Shell and HSBC and citi came in, which is a better choice at Shell? just to round up:

HSBC Visa:

10% (station) + 8% (rebate, need to spend 600+ every month, not necessary to be patrol) = FES 17.2%

Citi Dividen:

10% (station) + 4% (cash rebate) + 4% (Dividen rebate min 50 spend in patrol) = FES 18.1%

BUT!!!!

for HSBC card, whenever you spend, like dining or shopping or NTUCing, S$5 = 1 escape point and fyi 600 points = 20 dollar shell voucher.

very very complicated! why they cant just give discount when we pump. haiz... have been using Citi for months and now thinking to switch to HSBC.

what.s your thought?

the Dividend rebate is very very complicated [furious]

it doesn't reflect on your pumping bill, have to accumlate up to $50, then rebate to you, and every transaction has to be more than $50, get 5% rebate,

are you clear :D

the Dividend rebate is very very complicated [furious]

it doesn't reflect on your pumping bill, have to accumlate up to $50, then rebate to you, and every transaction has to be more than $50, get 5% rebate,

are you clear :D

Nope. for Citi Dividen,

the 4% rebate will reflect on the blue colour shell receipt at the bottom. every time the cashier will ask you "keep" or "redeem". you can redeem the dollar rebated from last transaction at shell assume you never "keep". this 4% doesn't matter you spend over 50 or not. you pump 1 litre also have.

the other 5% rebate is dividen rebate. not exclusive at shell. you go NTUCing more than 50 dollar also got 5% rebate and when ever the total rebate amount hit 50, it will credit into your card statement to off-set.

rules are simple if you understand.

are you clear? :D

(edited)

That is why i still prefer to stay at SPC POSB Everyday card.

Flat 20.1% discount from total bill.

No additional conditions or requirement.

Edited by Lamzh87

both Shell and Esso are within 1km from my house.... no SPC........ [bigcry]

heard SPC fuel performance is not so good as Shell or Esso, in term of claim less mileage in same quantity, is it true?

heard SPC fuel performance is not so good as Shell or Esso, in term of claim less mileage in same quantity, is it true?

Fuel quality is quite subjective eh.

SPC give the flat discount, so no need worry about any terms and condition

used SPC for 2 tanks and the overall FC was abt 10.5 km/l

W V power i get 12.0 km/l

so to me the extra 2% is not justifiable if i need to pump more over a shorter distance cf gg a longer distance with vpower.

full tank gets me abt 700km and redlight district no come out yet

↡ Advertisement