Brutally honest or just daft

Staff69

Which eatery has the best toothpicks? Din Tai Fung, says labour chief Lim Swee Say

Published on Jul 22, 2013

http://www.straitstimes.com/breaking-news/...labour-chief-li

By Amelia Tan

When labour chief Lim Swee Say goes to Chinese restaurant Din Tai Fung, his eyes are peeled not so much on its dumplings and noodles, but on its toothpicks.

He likes them because they are well-designed and of good quality.

"Many restaurants give you toothpicks, but the toothpick is so big it can never go through, but this one is so fine that whatever is inside sure can come out," he said on Monday.

In fact, he revealed with a laugh, the Din Tai Fung toothpicks are so good, he "can never resist" - he always takes half a box of them during each visit.

I am dumbfounded, yet again :ph34r:

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

Well, at least he is honest enough to admit taking half a box... Honesty? Checked. Stupidity? Checked. Integrity? Unknown..

Hypersonic

No money to buy toothpick? Maybe his massive money all locked up in CPF like the ordinary minions out there too.

No money to buy toothpick? Maybe his massive money all locked up in CPF like the ordinary minions out there too.

he said he feels so rich each time he looks at his CPF statement leh.............. [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

lol...seems like the wrong kind of news coming out of late....

if we see your pictures on lamp posts................everything you say will appear in MCF.......... [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

if we see your pictures on lamp posts................everything you say will appear in MCF.......... [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

make sure u come shake limpei hand [laugh] [laugh]

i promise not to wash...even sticky n gooey with white stuff....ewwwwwwww

Hypersonic

he said he feels so rich each time he looks at his CPF statement leh.............. [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

His savings on the toothpicks just made he richer too -_-

(edited)

I don't know to feel sad or happy that there are such "high calibre" leaders, leading especially such a big organization.

the next one can be found at an organization which is using my CPF monies to invest [bigcry]

Edited by Staff69

lol...seems like the wrong kind of news coming out of late....

But he is honest about taking 1/2 the box every visit .... :o

million $$$ salary eyeing on 'tooth picks' ... isn't that "Theft In Dwelling", Sec 380 Cap 224 of the Penal Code ... [lipsrsealed]

make sure u come shake limpei hand [laugh] [laugh]

i promise not to wash...even sticky n gooey with white stuff....ewwwwwwww

i shake hand only hor..............sticky white stuff is job of women in white leh...........lol........... [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

His savings on the toothpicks just made he richer too -_-

no wonder he feel so rich............. [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

Turbocharged

Will this type of ministar one day become our Toothpick President or Toothpick Prime Ministar?

It will be a laughing stock

↡ Advertisement