Final hospital Bill: $1k

RadX

not fair, your position and people know you, got discount here and there, one time package here and there, special service here and there. how to compare with the rest of the wage earner

ello, limpei normal singaporean lah....knn...there was this other pt that i got to know, and he also the bill $1k [wave]

↡ Advertisement

(edited)

this is one of the concern though, as you age say above 70, the premium is not cheap, CPF portion can cover part of it but to get almost 100%, the add on would still cost you $2k per year.

Unless you save up for retirement, or you get your kids to pay for it :D

Radx

what i dont understand is that

with insurance

why cant we not pay a single cent for the final bill

the old scheme was very good where with rider you just leave the bill between the hospital and insurance to sort it out and you just have to worry about recovering

the new scheme even though with rider you still need to pay certain percentage of the final bill

to us still ok

but what happen when we retire and we might need multiple surgery within a year

worse if you dont have dependant to help out

Edited by Jman888

As you all know, i had a recent major surgery

Nope, not the $8 as mentioned [laugh] [laugh] but could hv been

Invoice stated $33k. After the subsides, Medisave, and more important enhanced Medishield, payable out of pocket is $1049.8

Moral of story here is:

1. Healthcare can be affordable if you plan

2. Cover yourself appropriately and sufficiently accordingly. Premiums payable by Medisave. Could have been cheaper if i had riders

3. If you fail to plan, you plan to fail

So, the resources are there...use it instead of kpkb here...

Final word, ur funeral will be more ex....save for that cos 3M cannot use [laugh] [laugh]

Speedy recovery! :)

As you all know, i had a recent major surgery

Nope, not the $8 as mentioned [laugh] [laugh] but could hv been

Invoice stated $33k. After the subsides, Medisave, and more important enhanced Medishield, payable out of pocket is $1049.8

Moral of story here is:

1. Healthcare can be affordable if you plan

2. Cover yourself appropriately and sufficiently accordingly. Premiums payable by Medisave. Could have been cheaper if i had riders

3. If you fail to plan, you plan to fail

So, the resources are there...use it instead of kpkb here...

Final word, ur funeral will be more ex....save for that cos 3M cannot use [laugh] [laugh]

Must learn from you.

My boy was recently hospitalised at Gleneagles for acute bronchitis and gastritis. Total bill came up to 3.6k. After deduction of 900 from my medisave, nett payable was 2.7k. Lucky can claim hospitalisation charges from my company medical plans. Otherwise, I have to pay 2.7k out of my own pocket. [sweat]

(edited)

not fair, your position and people know you, got discount here and there, one time package here and there, special service here and there. how to compare with the rest of the wage earner

You do not need to be lich in order to get a comprehensive hospitalisation plan la <_<

Please find out more about this with your trusted agent...for a peace of mind [:)]

Edited by Toothiewabbit

(edited)

Radx

with insurance

the old scheme was very good where with rider you just leave the bill between the hospital and insurance to sort it out and you just have to worry about recovering

the new scheme even though with rider you still need to pay certain percentage of the final bill

to us still ok

The premium is not cheap for >35yr .. riders to cover for the whole bill is already $400 cash.. if you pay for 2.5 yrs, effectively it's the same as paying hospitalisation fee yourself. if you have company insurance.. you may end up paying less than $200.. which means you may have "overpaid" your insurance..

Aniway, get a rider when you are still young and no medical problem..when you get older, you may not be able to.

Edited by ShepherdPie

You do not need to be lich in order to get a comprehensive hospitalisation plan la <_<

Please find out more about this with your trusted agent...for a peace of mind [:)]

ya...if not cannot rest in peace also [laugh] [laugh]

When i was working part-time at 22yrs earning a measly take home pay of 1.5K, my friends questioned me why i paid an average of $350 per month on insurance premiums.

Thank God i made that decision. Essentially i needed to get hospitalisation coverage, disability income, critical illness, and accident plans. And this covers me globally which is beneficial especially after reading the article on the S'porean who got hit and run in NY ending up with a USD$640K bill.

Yes, impt to get a plan that covers overseas' hospitalisation costs.

Turbocharged

if there are any agents in the house, pls explain the differences. Would be good to share

All those who already have existing plans, if you have existing declared ailments, better don't jump ship. Only option is to upgrade your plan within the same insurance co.

If you have undeclared ailments, same thing, don't jump ship.

Bec if you managed to jump. ie: your ex-insurance company would have washed its hands off you since you already with the other insurer and the new insurer will dig into your medical history to see if your ailment is a pre-existing condition. If they can prove you were already afflicted before you sign on, they will contest your case, esp if your bill is big.

Before any of you start to rant abt the insurers actions, I support the insurers on this. Insurers only insure risk events before they occur, not events with an already known outcome.

For those with thick skull, if you go to a motor insurer with a write-off car and get them to insure it as if it was a new ride, will any insurer take you on-board?

thanks

but like i said

generally

how about those in lower/middle income group

where their take home pay will either be almost zero or negative after using it for basic necessity

which means getting a rider is out of the question and even with riders they still need to fork out cash

Supersonic
(edited)

mine NTUC, but heard the rest hv good and better offers.

eh....i thot aunty lucy gib customer 2nd hand parts one? :D

Edited by Soya

Supersonic

Radx

with insurance

to us still ok

I have a medical insurance from Prudential under which the insurance payout will be whatever the bill is charged by the hospital. Can go to any hospital, including private. Used part Medisave to pay for premium and top up with cash.

(edited)

where to find original part? :huh: :huh:

oh you can clone it [laugh] [laugh]

Edited by Jman888

thanks

but like i said

generally

how about those in lower/middle income group

where their take home pay will either be almost zero or negative after using it for basic necessity

which means getting a rider is out of the question and even with riders they still need to fork out cash

think with this group, there is the medifund.

anyway they revamping it in view of the Soya...i mean aging popn [laugh] [laugh]

eh u think wat authorised workshop plan oni ah [laugh] [laugh]

think with this group, there is the medifund.

anyway they revamping it in view of the Soya...i mean aging popn [laugh] [laugh]

[laugh] [laugh]