Japan incident! Would we do this here?

RadX

Are we at this stage yet where this kind of public-spirited would prevail?

http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/stomp/sg...tform_gap_.html

commuters_save_japan_woman_stuck_in_platform_gap_-thumbnail.jpg

my comments:

1. Few will help as of now, the rest taking photos

2. Some will complain aiyah, train delayed

3. Those who may help, would be the bangladeshi workers or the like...i have seen w my own eyes

Food for thought!

these are my observations, feel free to discuss

↡ Advertisement

I recall there's one similar incident that happen not too long ago. A lady's foot got stuck in the gap too. A couple of ppl help her pull her leg out.

LOL

remind me the incident where 1 got to break the glass with fire extinguisher in order to ventilate the train when it broke down

in the end the statement comes with a warning type of tone

I recall there's one similar incident that happen not too long ago. A lady's foot got stuck in the gap too. A couple of ppl help her pull her leg out.

thnaks....and there are noteworthy ppl who do help....hopefully we slowly evolve lah

Turbocharged
(edited)

In japan railway stations, there is always a staff patrolling alertly, and signalling to the driver to clear the train for departure.

This is a safer system - having a real life person on the spot - than relying on cameras, automation, and expecting the train driver to check for himself. You would think that in japan, with their high tech, would have automated the whole thing years ago but no, they still have that employee there to ensure safety.

That's why in japan where the passenger's foot got trapped, immediately there is a railway staff on the spot to raise the alarm and take immediate action to rescue the passenger.

Over here, I don't how long for the staff to turn up... Commuters take action on their own, later get blamed when not compatible with train company's SOP.

Edited by Sosaria

(edited)

In SG, ppl now think twice after the train incident. The guy who broke the window with fire extinguisher was almost reprimanded but let off after public outcry..... [lipsrsealed]

So by pushing the train and what if the train fall to one side .... [sweatdrop]

Our SOP is "Press The Red Botton" and this also make sure it is genuine cases .... [lipsrsealed]

Edited by Picnic06

Turbocharged

In SG, ppl now think twice after the train incident. The guy who broke the window with fire extinguisher was almost reprimanded but let off after public outcry..... [lipsrsealed]

So by pushing the train and what if the train fall to one side .... [sweatdrop] ...

Even if the train fall to one side [laugh], you see... at least the effort is being supervised by company employees, i.e. railway staff.

Over here, I recall that even the staff were confused and didn't know what to do at first, taking a long time before directing a response.

So, Chinese are sub-human? Not capable of making own choice? Is that what you are saying? <_<

ok let's not get caught in those thingies...

as a nation, now with all ethnicities

I don't think it's possible to do that for our trains here. In japan, even when passenger board the train, you can feel the slight wobbly. So it's not difficult to do it.

(edited)

Our SOP is "Press The Red Botton" and this also make sure it is genuine cases .... [lipsrsealed]

We can all blame SAF to damaged our positive civicism, SAF trained us too much of "Take-cover, Don't Be Hero, Don't Get Caught, Report Sick, Attend Medical Board, Extra Day-off"

So all becomes fishmongers-singaporeans, sellfish for our livings [gossip]

Edited by Fongmy
  • Praise 1

(edited)

Here nobody wants to take responsibility, all wanna cover backside niah. Nobody wants to be the one to stand out in the crowd. Give up seat to elderly also shy.

Be a man, do the right thing.

I lost track the number of times I gotta step up and take charge of situations.

This also reminds me I gotta go back for first-aid, EFR refresher. Long time never go liao.

Edited by Myxilplix

(edited)

I don't think it's possible to do that for our trains here. In japan, even when passenger board the train, you can feel the slight wobbly. So it's not difficult to do it.

so....... back to the issue of 'cable tie' to prevent wobble..... [sly]

Edited by Picnic06

Here nobody wants to take responsibility, all wanna cover backside niah. Nobody wants to be the one to stand out in the crowd. Give up seat to elderly also shy.

Be a man, do the right thing.

I lost track the number of times I gotta step up and take charge of situations.

This also reminds me I gotta go back for first-aid, EFR refresher. Long time never go liao.

Well, we still got some hero taking photographs when fire raging.... [cool]

The incidents on fights over reserved seats in the MRT is rising in Sgp. You look at stomp, you will know. Looks like we are still far from being civilised.

Turbocharged

Will the train staff stop you from helping bec if you pichar the train becum my pasah.

"My supervisor will ask me why I allow the commuters to pichar the train..."

That's so true.

In this case, Japan's staff members go and push first. So if it happens in Singapore and our staff started pushing first, I think I don't mind helping.

Sadly, I imagined that if it happens here, our MRT staffs would be at a lost, and if I tried to push first, the staffs might turn around and scold or fine me.

↡ Advertisement