KIA K3 Owners check-in!

TTT

Was it difficult to sew it up ?

not difficult actually to sew. its the stuffing of the bottom section into the gap that takes more effort.

about an hour's effort, which i feel is worth it :)

please give me friendly honk if you see me on the road.  [drivingcar]

oh yeah 6888.... our cars are almost twins in color scheme except for the dechroming bit keke....

28737288220_540d16f0ec_h.jpgsDSC05354 by ricleosg, on Flickr

28403166284_8a4422339c_h.jpgsDSC05364 by ricleosg, on Flickr

post-180490-0-19428800-1479216164.jpg

Edited by ricleosg

Oh, maybe should say silver. Hehehe... oops! Light grey perhaps?

You mean grey is the darker shade one?

Thought grey should be darker shade de? K3 has light grey?

actually the brochure in the showrooms are printed locally. the copy i am holding in my hand now, brought home when i went for my test drive last year has the Kia Singapore and CNC details on.

anyway easiest is to check the fuse box. see if there is a fuse for the ioniser cluster.

Eh nope... they just use the same file and tag on the KIA Singapore and CnC details... I was looking at the K5 before I bought my Sonata, and the brochure showed lots of stuff that the showroom car didn't have... same for the K3 as well... this was in Sep 2015 to Apr 2016... that was the period where I was actively visiting the showrooms to decide...

I'm kinda lost cos I only know there's leng kee Kia.

There's one at Ubi... the sales guy who spoke to my dad last year was really really very hardworking... talked a lot, really introduced the features of the car, it was late but he still did test drive on deserted roads with us in the dark... but of course we didn't proceed in the end lar... a pity but I guess he will go far if he continues like that... cos if I had gone on to buy a Kia, I would have gone back to him...

the code is also on the qr code sticker on each of the 2 keys.

take a pic before removing the stickers.

Don't need to worry about the tag lar... they can easily call up your car chassis and engine numbers and check their records... they will have the remote serial numbers... that tag is just for ease of reference for them...

Eh nope... they just use the same file and tag on the KIA Singapore and CnC details... I was looking at the K5 before I bought my Sonata, and the brochure showed lots of stuff that the showroom car didn't have... same for the K3 as well... this was in Sep 2015 to Apr 2016... that was the period where I was actively visiting the showrooms to decide...

so if you didn't even buy the K3 in the end, how do you know what is in the car and what is not?

Difficult for me to sew... and broke the needle...

so if you didn't even buy the K3 in the end, how do you know what is in the car and what is not?

too strong la Rsong hehe

got silver, got a darker grey, got a brown, and a very dark blue keke....

For k3 i only like the white colour, lol. Others colour not really interested, esp dark colour.

Cos I spent a few hours going through the K3 with my dad when he was considering... our cars expire about a year apart... but his expired first... so we went together and checked out the cars... he will talk to the salesperson... I will check out all the details... then we compare notes, then go back to the salesperson and ask about the discrepancies... that's how I know... I returned with him a few months later to do the same to the K5... at every showroom, I ask the salesperson if the brochure is representative or not... both the Kia and Hyundai showrooms say they don't have a localised brochure... Toyota said theirs was 90% matching, Mazda said theirs was international, Renault (my dad bought this in the end) had a localised brochure, Peugeot, Ford, Citroen only had international brochures... Mitsubishi didn't hand us any brochures, and I didn't bother cos I just look see but had no intention to buy old tech... the only mainstream brands I didn't visit were Subaru, Honda and Nissan cos I don't want AWD (had enough of poor FC), Honda is too expensive, and Nissan had lousy CVT tech...

Hope this helps... :)

For k3 i only like the white colour, lol. Others colour not really interested, esp dark colour.

Super difficult to keep clean leh... especially when our weather pattern is just drizzle a bit here and there... 

Cos I spent a few hours going through the K3 with my dad when he was considering... our cars expire about a year apart... but his expired first... so we went together and checked out the cars... he will talk to the salesperson... I will check out all the details... then we compare notes, then go back to the salesperson and ask about the discrepancies... that's how I know... I returned with him a few months later to do the same to the K5... at every showroom, I ask the salesperson if the brochure is representative or not... both the Kia and Hyundai showrooms say they don't have a localised brochure... Toyota said theirs was 90% matching, Mazda said theirs was international, Renault (my dad bought this in the end) had a localised brochure, Peugeot, Ford, Citroen only had international brochures... Mitsubishi didn't hand us any brochures, and I didn't bother cos I just look see but had no intention to buy old tech... the only mainstream brands I didn't visit were Subaru, Honda and Nissan cos I don't want AWD (had enough of poor FC), Honda is too expensive, and Nissan had lousy CVT tech...

Hope this helps... :)

Super difficult to keep clean leh... especially when our weather pattern is just drizzle a bit here and there...

wah so stressful - think you'll get a phd (permanent head damage)!

but luckily it's just a car, not house!

wah so stressful - think you'll get a phd (permanent head damage)!

but luckily it's just a car, not house!

No lar... not stressful... I like cars... it's fun leh... hahaha... sit and compare the specs, the build quality, the feel, the ergonomics, the little touches that make life easier, the thought put into the design of everything from the levers to the buttons to the door lines, etc... just like to be thorough when I have to spend $120K on a car...

Same with house... I took quite a while to look for my house... like 6 months... HDB open market... spent a lot of time looking through each house and think about the attendant issues that I am concerned about, like sun's direction, road noise & dust, proximity to MRT, amenities, floor level, neighbours, mosquitoes, design, cost, etc... lots and lots of stuff... talked through a lot with my parents to crystallise my thoughts and sharpen focus on what I want... so when you walk into the 'right' house, you know it... same for the car lar... I bought a Sonata in the end... it checked most of the boxes that were important to me...

No lar... not stressful... I like cars... it's fun leh... hahaha... sit and compare the specs, the build quality, the feel, the ergonomics, the little touches that make life easier, the thought put into the design of everything from the levers to the buttons to the door lines, etc... just like to be thorough when I have to spend $120K on a car...

Same with house... I took quite a while to look for my house... like 6 months... HDB open market... spent a lot of time looking through each house and think about the attendant issues that I am concerned about, like sun's direction, road noise & dust, proximity to MRT, amenities, floor level, neighbours, mosquitoes, design, cost, etc... lots and lots of stuff... talked through a lot with my parents to crystallise my thoughts and sharpen focus on what I want... so when you walk into the 'right' house, you know it... same for the car lar... I bought a Sonata in the end... it checked most of the boxes that were important to me...

goodness... juz saying too much details, bro!

where do you guys do HID lights?

Why the urgency to change to HID? The halogen not good enough?

Tmrw 9am collect my car woohoo can't wait man haha

How is your new ride? How's the experience during the collection? Did the SE do a good job?

How is your new ride? How's the experience during the collection? Did the SE do a good job?

My se did quite a good job .. spot a small den and my forte missing an F other den all fine...

My se did quite a good job .. spot a small den and my forte missing an F other den all fine...
↡ Advertisement