KIA K3 Owners check-in!

TTT

Thanks bro Raylimus for the boot springs. It really worked great. The spring up speed not too fast, looked like electric tail gate.

Hi all. Any idea where can i purchase the boot springs n how much. Is it universal? I driving 2016 hyundai elantra.
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Hi all. Any idea where can i purchase the boot springs n how much. Is it universal? I driving 2016 hyundai elantra.

Try Carousell, some of us got it from there.

Haha, you went to wrap your chrome grille. I also. I think makes the car looks fiercer. 

Wana rewrap it..trying gloss instead of matt

• Praise 1

My dad when he cannot tahan any more... when he washes his car, he just do mine lor...

wa this kind of dad good lei.

i wash my dad k3 ( cos i oso drive hahahaah)

treat as exercise and do swee swee liao 

feel shiok shiok

Wana rewrap it..trying gloss instead of matt

pardon my query- where did u do the matt wrap for yur grille? how much was it. 

I'm driving the pre-FL model EX - no traction control right? Any kakis here can shed light kthxbye.

K3 EX and L trim no ESC.. applies to FL and pre-FL.
  • Praise 1

wa this kind of dad good lei.

i wash my dad k3 ( cos i oso drive hahahaah)

treat as exercise and do swee swee liao

feel shiok shiok

pardon my query- where did u do the matt wrap for yur grille? how much was it.

Haha I oso wash myself or go to that regular washer to wash...just that now with pps much easier and do not need shampoo anymore.

I wrapped it at Johnson sticker at ubi on my first day of collection. Forgot the price.. But this grille should be easy job can diy if u have the material and time..I diy my other chrome trims at the sides after I bought materials.

Edited by Kwoni

Hi all,

Recently set my mind on getting a K3 SX (2017 facelift), as I like the sleekness and aesthetics of the car.

Sought my friend's opinions and he gave a dead NO GO without a bulge.

He commented that main issues with Kia is the engine, which will give rise to problems after 5 years.

I've not driven a Kia before, let alone K3, therefore wish to seek some advice from existing owner bros here, whether indeed there would be future engine problems, or problems of similar..thanks...

Hi all,

Recently set my mind on getting a K3 SX (2017 facelift), as I like the sleekness and aesthetics of the car.

He commented that main issues with Kia is the engine, which will give rise to problems after 5 years.

I've not driven a Kia before, let alone K3, therefore wish to seek some advice from existing owner bros here, whether indeed there would be future engine problems, or problems of similar..thanks...

funny your friend should say that.... as kia has recently topped the JD power ranking in terms of reliability with the least problems faced by consumers.

the new K3 is still too new at the moment, but i have friends driving the previous forte, and even see the previous previous forte on the roads running fine. As long as the car is maintained regularly, it should have no problem lasting 10 years of your COE...

http://www.jdpower.com/microsites/kia/home

2016iqs_brandrankchart_aboveaver_kia.png

plus the K3 looks so good!!! no brainer to buy. Also the K3 won sedan of the year in 2015 in Singapore.

32666418272_97c0739f60_h.jpgsDSC09569 2 by ricleosg, on Flickr

Edited by ricleosg
  • Praise 1

Hi all,

Unless your friend used to drive a Kia and had engine problems, I suggest you take tk his comments with a punch of salt ba.

My friends drove the previous gen and previous previous gen of Kia cerato, all had no problem.

Most prob you friend is the usual Japan car supporter. My parents also like that. Keep thinking their new Altis better than mine. Until they heard about my fuel consumption is 12-14km/lit. While their Altis only giving them max 11km/lit. Then they change their perception about Korea cars.

My own co workers, when I bought k3, all mock me. Say Korean car. Ugly, lousy. Mazda 3 better. So he go and buy Mazda 3. Guess what, within 1 week, his heads up display spoil. Within 6 months, the whole leather wrapping of his steering wheel peel off.

Both times he brought it back to agent to repair, agent can only tell him, too many cars, no parts. Wait for next servicing.

Mazda sg's after sales service known to be quite bad.

My point is every car brand sure got lemon car. Cos the QC assurance is never 100%. It is not efficient in manufacturing point of view.

• Praise 1

Unless your friend used to drive a Kia and had engine problems, I suggest you take tk his comments with a punch of salt ba.

My friends drove the previous gen and previous previous gen of Kia cerato, all had no problem.

Most prob you friend is the usual Japan car supporter. My parents also like that. Keep thinking their new Altis better than mine. Until they heard about my fuel consumption is 12-14km/lit. While their Altis only giving them max 11km/lit. Then they change their perception about Korea cars.

My own co workers, when I bought k3, all mock me. Say Korean car. Ugly, lousy. Mazda 3 better. So he go and buy Mazda 3. Guess what, within 1 week, his heads up display spoil. Within 6 months, the whole leather wrapping of his steering wheel peel off.

Both times he brought it back to agent to repair, agent can only tell him, too many cars, no parts. Wait for next servicing.

Mazda sg's after sales service known to be quite bad.

My point is every car brand sure got lemon car. Cos the QC assurance is never 100%. It is not efficient in manufacturing point of view.

Preceisly...my friend has been driving several cars makes, subaru, toyota, honda, etc and also continental models but just not a kia.

He even commented that if wanna get a korean car, hyundai should be the choice.

When i told him I have decided a Kia K3 over Honda Vezel, he immediately said I would regret my decision..

I think I would regret if I got the Vezel instead...lol

and Ricleosg, exactly the vehicle is such an head-turner on the road, even without additional kitting.

Alright, one more K3 member, signing in!

• Praise 3

Preceisly...my friend has been driving several cars makes, subaru, toyota, honda, etc and also continental models but just not a kia.

He even commented that if wanna get a korean car, hyundai should be the choice.

When i told him I have decided a Kia K3 over Honda Vezel, he immediately said I would regret my decision..

I think I would regret if I got the Vezel instead...lol

and Ricleosg, exactly the vehicle is such an head-turner on the road, even without additional kitting.

Alright, one more K3 member, signing in!

btw Kia and hyundai belong to the same group of companies, and use the same engine/transmission platforms.

in fact many spare parts between the k3/elantra and previous forte/avante were known to be interchangeable.

so if your friends say hyundai is reliable and kia is not, he really doesnt know his stuff.

another pic of the beautiful k3!

32365232176_b7b6f058c3_h.jpgs5D4_6613 by ricleosg, on Flickr

btw Kia and hyundai belong to the same group of companies, and use the same engine/transmission platforms.

in fact many spare parts between the k3/elantra and previous forte/avante were known to be interchangeable.

so if your friends say hyundai is reliable and kia is not, he really doesnt know his stuff.

another pic of the beautiful k3!

32365232176_b7b6f058c3_h.jpgs5D4_6613 by ricleosg, on Flickr

Thanks!!

what colour did you choose?

am deciding between white, planet blue and and gravity blue.

but gravity blue gotta wait till April then can collect.. 

Thanks!!

what colour did you choose?

am deciding between white, planet blue and and gravity blue.

but gravity blue gotta wait till April then can collect.. 

this is my white K3 ah hehe. xiao bai!

31746709266_70b07b6955_h.jpgs5D4_5985 by ricleosg, on Flickr

↡ Advertisement