KIA K3 Owners check-in!

TTT

Neutral Newbie

Hi guys, new K3 owner here, just got my K3 last week , hope to learn more from all the sifu  [laugh]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Hi guys, new K3 owner here, just got my K3 last week , hope to learn more from all the sifu [laugh]

Welcome to the K3 group. We learn from each other here.

(edited)

Anyone buying the LX version for $83999 ? Managed to get free leather seats ?

Like no point... u drive this, people think u rent from uber one.

And personally I think the engine of the K3 is nothing to crow about, pickup still feels a little heavy on SX..

It's the frills that we enjoy, like ventilated seats, 4 point front and rear sensors, etc.

So without all the frills and just the same engine, I won't get the LX.

But thinking again, for Attrage price, u get exterior that look like K3 except e Rims, and spacious interior.. hmm.. maybe

Edited by Yixiang1

Like no point... u drive this, people think u rent from uber one.

And personally I think the engine of the K3 is nothing to crow about, pickup still feels a little heavy on SX..

It's the frills that we enjoy, like ventilated seats, 4 point front and rear sensors, etc.

So without all the frills and just the same engine, I won't get the LX.

But thinking again, for Attrage price, u get exterior that look like K3 except e Rims, and spacious interior.. hmm.. maybe

Is it really important about what other people think about your car? driving for uber or what not... got car to drive alr still want to hiam so much

• Praise 2

Neutral Newbie

Anyone buying the LX version for $83999 ? Managed to get free leather seats ?

I considered about LX before, but a lot of accessories are not available, eventually i got for EX.... 

I listed the different between LX and EX for your reference. Cheers!!

- No DRL

- No rear aircon

- with 15' alloy rim (EX is 16', SX is 17') 

- the wing mirrow will come with no color (black) 

- Fabric seat instead of leather seat 

- OMV is also lesser than EX, but i can't remember how much

Neutral Newbie

Am considering between k3 and jazz. Anyone was in the same situation as me before purchase? What helped you decide?

First time car buyer here. Concerned over k3 fuel consumption.

Am considering between k3 and jazz. Anyone was in the same situation as me before purchase? What helped you decide?

If looking for space then K3.

If looking for FC then Jazz.

K3 definitely wont have best in class FC, but offers a good driving experience to me.

if you want more space than a jazz and good FC can also consider the attrage.

(edited)

What are your priorities?

If looking at fc, jazz win

Stable and road holding, k3

Boot space, k3

Gadgets, k3

Power, jazz

Rear seat space, jazz

Branding, jazz more branded

K3 fc on the ave, most ppl getting at the range of 10-12km/l

Jazz 14-15km/l

I was in your shoes too. In the end i went for k3. I am not paying 100k plus for a jazz with little to no gadgets. Overpriced i feel. Paying for the brand "honda". Further more, i think jazz is not make in japan anymore

Edited by Hhondafit
  • Praise 1

I considered about LX before, but a lot of accessories are not available, eventually i got for EX....

- No DRL

- No rear aircon

- with 15' alloy rim (EX is 16', SX is 17')

- the wing mirrow will come with no color (black)

- Fabric seat instead of leather seat

- OMV is also lesser than EX, but i can't remember how much

Last Jan I check L trim was equipped with 15" steel rims. Price was $84999 non guaranteed. Now they give alloy rim?

What are your priorities?

If looking at fc, jazz win

Stable and road holding, k3

Boot space, k3

Gadgets, k3

Power, jazz

Rear seat space, jazz

Branding, jazz more branded

K3 fc on the ave, most ppl getting at the range of 10-12km/l

Jazz 14-15km/l

I was in your shoes too. In the end i went for k3. I am not paying 100k plus for a jazz with little to no gadgets. Overpriced i feel. Paying for the brand "honda". Further more, i think jazz is not make in japan anymore

Wouldn't say that Jazz has no gadgets, 1.5 RS still has LED headlamps and DRLs, cruise control, 7-inch touchscreen with reversing camera, compared to K3 SX, yes there are definitely missing features but still respectable in its own right. Anyway, local Jazz models are still made in Japan, alongside the HR-V.  

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

- No DRL - Daytime running lights cost hundreds to replace against $20 for a  halogen light bulb

- No rear aircon - Rear air con vents are placed very low and are ineffective in cooling the rear. It also reduces the coldness form the front vents. Air from teh front vents are stronger and colder without rear air con vents

- with 15' alloy rim (EX is 16', SX is 17') - Broader 16" & 17"  rims consume more fuel and produces higher drag

- the wing mirrow will come with no color (black)  - easier to maintain. Even if you hit the wall when parking, there no tears, as no paint is lost

- Fabric seat instead of leather seat - The fabric seat is stock from factory unlike the locally fitted leather seats for EX. Fabric seats are also cooler on a hot day

- OMV is also lesser than EX, but i can't remember how much - OMV is less by $800, but the L model costs $6,000 less.

I suggest you consider the Perodua Bezza.

K3, with its 1.3 tonne body, can be a guzzler

I suggest you consider the Perodua Bezza.

K3, with its 1.3 tonne body, can be a guzzler

Great replies!!!

Basically less aesthetics, more value for money.

But I have to disagree w rear aircon making the front air con not as cold. The air con is more than sufficiently powered to make sure front is still very cold.

Before I had rear aircon, i thought it's such a good and premium feature. But after I have it, I realised it works well only if u have max of 2 rear passengers, when u have 3, the one sitting in e middle quite uncomfortable with the cold air on e legs? Haven't tried personally as passenger myself though, this is based on my deduction.

So it's nice if u only have 2 at the back, middle can pull down with the cup holder and w rear air con. Really like luxury sedan.

Depends on what u want from th ecar..K3 may not be the best, but people buy it for a reason..

Some like its design

Some like its comfort which is better than most jap rides

Some like its range of features that other cars dun have

Some like its price tag worth for money

Some like its cabin space

It may not be the fastest car or the most fuel efficient, but it attracts in some way.. Even for fuel it depends on individual..I can achieve weekly avg of 12-13kml, and know some bros who can achieve 14-15kml. Good or bad u decide..

U can have 101 reasons not to buy a car..but u just need 1 reason to own it...

Edited by Kwoni
↡ Advertisement