KIA K3 Owners check-in!

TTT

No right or wrong lah.. seeing how many of this PPS business there are out there.. a lot of people do it too..

What is $1-$2k for a $100k vehicle... we spent so much Liao, as sporeans we just love our cars..

Peace out guys..

My Permanon does not seem to withstand hairline scratches well.. but hairline only, must have bright sunlight then can see, so it doesn't matter I guess.

CSII has been around a long time. So it's reputable.. I just dun get why must it b so expensive.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

You must be one of those who spend hundreds of dollars on such stuff.

$1400.

No right or wrong lah.. seeing how many of this PPS business there are out there.. a lot of people do it too..

What is $1-$2k for a $100k vehicle... we spent so much Liao, as sporeans we just love our cars..

Peace out guys..

My Permanon does not seem to withstand hairline scratches well.. but hairline only, must have bright sunlight then can see, so it doesn't matter I guess.

CSII has been around a long time. So it's reputable.. I just dun get why must it b so expensive.

Cos it's 3 years warranty. $300 plus per year. Normal polishing $150 can only last for 6 months. And it's the invention of the chemicals. All these will add up to the cost.
  • Praise 1

Those pps (ceramic coating) is scratch RESISTANT not scratch PROOF. So if one intentionally use a sharp object to scratch the car, no paint work will be able to withstand that. So lets be realistic.

You get what u paid for

• Praise 1

Hi guys, I just collected my K3 SX! Just wondering if anyone did PPS to their new car soon after collecting? I'm quite new to driving, only drove a 2nd hand Fit for 1yrs+ previously so never done any detailing.

I did my pps on day 2. The pps is one of the merchant in this forum.

It is a good to have but not a must have.

It make washing of the car easier but if you are those who go for petrol wash i suggest you dont do pps. Because pps need to maintain, go petrol wash it will detoriate the pps.

Of coz there are those pps that are certified by labs. Yes some of the Bros has point out it is scratch resistant but not scratch proof.

Do now or do later depend on indiviudal but if do later when the car has more scratch or paintwork decrease shine,i suggest go for respray whole car better.

• Praise 1

They replace a new fuel cap..i havent tried so duno..before that i go pump petrol, the attendant like ask ne 3 to 4 times..havent open...kns..

Thanks bros for sharing. Got it done ar 20K servicing. Pretty annoying with this type of silly problem. Finally, can relax when go pump petrol liao
  • Praise 1

U do pps mainly to minimise damage due to scratches, chemicals, tree saps, bird droppings etc. Without pps chances r u get perm scar on your paintwork which u spend more $$$ trying to remove. Pps oso make your maintenance like washing easier..dust dun stick on easily..dirt can be washed off by water..car wash is a breeze.

Pps dun prevent damage they minimise.

• Praise 2

U do pps mainly to minimise damage due to scratches, chemicals, tree saps, bird droppings etc. Without pps chances r u get perm scar on your paintwork which u spend more $$$ trying to remove. Pps oso make your maintenance like washing easier..dust dun stick on easily..dirt can be washed off by water..car wash is a breeze.

agree on the above

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Peace out guys..

I find CSII's standard a bit lower than some of their competitors... but still tougher than smaller name coats. Permanon doesn't sound like it is especially tough without frequent maintenance and reapplication.

I agree too. It's worthwhile because it provides a tougher sacrificial layer that will preserve the valuable paintwork without the need for frequent waxing and polishing...

• Praise 1

This is Singapore.

If it ain't expensive then Singaporeans believe it can't possibly be any good.

• Praise 2

This is Singapore.

If it ain't expensive then Singaporeans believe it can't possibly be any good.

We all need roberts to keep the economy going...

Got my steering column replaced today at C&C as it had knocking sound. After replacement, noticed that the steering tend to settle more to the left. Any bros have this problem? I thought was alignment problem but C&C said they did wheel alignment.

Got my steering column replaced today at C&C as it had knocking sound. After replacement, noticed that the steering tend to settle more to the left. Any bros have this problem? I thought was alignment problem but C&C said they did wheel alignment.

Did they gave you the alignment​ values slip? If not try asking for it.

What I know is, as long as its within the green band then its within limits. If you go outside to do alignment then the values will be more precise..

• Praise 1

Did they gave you the alignmentâ values slip? If not try asking for it.

What I know is, as long as its within the green band then its within limits. If you go outside to do alignment then the values will be more precise..

Once you go outside do, any alignment problems they will not do. Therefore do not go outside do

Once you go outside do, any alignment problems they will not do. Therefore do not go outside do

speaking from experience or conjecture.how would C&C know if you did alignment outside or not?

anyway, if within warranty, just do with C&C if they caused the steering alignment problem when they replaced the part for you.

They did not provide alignment report , they did said verbally yes it's done. Anyway gave up on them. I went to Stamford tyres to do. Found that indeed wheel alignment was done but not the steering wheel position alignment. It was at 11:30 position on straight road.

I have lifetime free alignment with them cos bought a set of VR rims from them.

They did not provide alignment report , they did said verbally yes it's done. Anyway gave up on them. I went to Stamford tyres to do. Found that indeed wheel alignment was done but not the steering wheel position alignment. It was at 11:30 position on straight road.

Do wheel alignment doesn't mean done properly. C&C didn't set your steering wheel to 12 o clock position before they adjust.

Do wheel alignment doesn't mean done properly. C&C didn't set your steering wheel to 12 o clock position before they adjust.

Ya it was not done properly. Very unprofessional of them.

How can you operate the steering wheel buttons if steering wheel alignment is incorrect.

C&C should have sorted it out correctly otherwise might be considered dangerous.

↡ Advertisement