KIA K3 Owners check-in!

TTT

How can you operate the steering wheel buttons if steering wheel alignment is incorrect.

C&C should have sorted it out correctly otherwise might be considered dangerous.

Can operate la bro. It's the alignment between steering wheel and the steering column. There is a joint that can be loosened and swivel.
↡ Advertisement

How can you operate the steering wheel buttons if steering wheel alignment is incorrect.

C&C should have sorted it out correctly otherwise might be considered dangerous.

nothing to do with all the buttons and stuff on steering wheel...can still operate laa :a-happy:

Hi guys, I just collected my K3 SX! Just wondering if anyone did PPS to their new car soon after collecting? I'm quite new to driving, only drove a 2nd hand Fit for 1yrs+ previously so never done any detailing.

Hi bro, i will be collecting my SX soon next week. How was the experience with the collection? Can share?
  • Praise 1

Can operate la bro. It's the alignment between steering wheel and the steering column. There is a joint that can be loosened and swivel.

Woah, did the shop fix it by realigning your steering wheel? Or did they go underneath to adjust? Big difference...
  • Praise 1

Hi bro, i will be collecting my SX soon next week. How was the experience with the collection? Can share?

Reach showroom, settle paper work with SE. Walk around and check exterior of car, make sure all good. Then SE will conduct "mini training" on the features inside the car etc. After that you are good to go.

Enjoy your car and welcome to the club.

• Praise 1

Reach showroom, settle paper work with SE. Walk around and check exterior of car, make sure all good. Then SE will conduct "mini training" on the features inside the car etc. After that you are good to go.

Enjoy your car and welcome to the club.

Check exterior carefully. Someone mention that exterior polishing not well done n he went for a thousand dollars pps
  • Praise 1

Woah, did the shop fix it by realigning your steering wheel? Or did they go underneath to adjust? Big difference...

Adjust at the steering column underneath driver side and also at the tie rods.
  • Praise 1

Check exterior carefully. Someone mention that exterior polishing not well done n he went for a thousand dollars pps

Haha, my car is original zirtona pps by C&C n still shiny snow white till date..

Car exterior maintenance is 24/7 task, n even if additional 1000+ PPS done but never cover up n exposed to the outside hot sun, acid rain n dust all the time, the exterior will dull.. need constant PPS re-polishing to maintain look..

End of day is always cover up the car, park in shade or shelter n wash frequently to maintain the shiny look.. PPS is also not a solid surface protection against scratches..Only is a multi layer protection against the elements, that wears out n need consistent top up..

• Praise 1

Is it just me, or does pumping 98 make the car smoother? I decided to try $25 last night and it does feel smoother to me

• Praise 1

Haha, my car is original zirtona pps by C&C n still shiny snow white till date..

Car exterior maintenance is 24/7 task, n even if additional 1000+ PPS done but never cover up n exposed to the outside hot sun, acid rain n dust all the time, the exterior will dull.. need constant PPS re-polishing to maintain look..

End of day is always cover up the car, park in shade or shelter n wash frequently to maintain the shiny look.. PPS is also not a solid surface protection against scratches..Only is a multi layer protection against the elements, that wears out n need consistent top up..

C&C did not polish it well. With marks and not shiny. I'm not talking about west and tear. You should see a car with proper pps done.
  • Praise 1

Do check exterior carefully becoz mine got a touch up spotted at the front bonnet. End of the day CnC respray for me.
  • Praise 1

Is it just me, or does pumping 98 make the car smoother? I decided to try $25 last night and it does feel smoother to me

The car is designed for 95 how can 98 improve things.

All in the mind.

• Praise 1

C&C did not polish it well. With marks and not shiny. I'm not talking about west and tear. You should see a car with proper pps done.

Hv seen. Without proper and regular care of the polished surface, it'll degrade nevertheless.. my brother's car use csII when it first came out n religiously went back for reapplication.. over time the application wear out due to environmental elements n got dull..Reapply again costs $$$, n he gave up.. Best is to protect the surface with a physical car cover, to keep out the dust n acid rain from touching the car surface..Esp true if u work in Tuas..
  • Praise 1

Hv seen. Without proper and regular care of the polished surface, it'll degrade nevertheless.. my brother's car use csII when it first came out n religiously went back for reapplication.. over time the application wear out due to environmental elements n got dull..Reapply again costs $$$, n he gave up.. Best is to protect the surface with a physical car cover, to keep out the dust n acid rain from touching the car surface..Esp true if u work in Tuas..

It's not about proper and regular care. From day one collected car the paintwork is already not good. With fine scratches , sticker adhesive stains, dull clear coat. We have to admit that car dealers are not expert in grooming. So they just do a slip short job for handing over.

It's not about proper and regular care. From day one collected car the paintwork is already not good. With fine scratches , sticker adhesive stains, dull clear coat. We have to admit that car dealers are not expert in grooming. So they just do a slip short job for handing over.

I'm not talking abt C&C grooming.. I'm referring to the aftermarket PPS that many flock to add onto the zirtona surface sealant that C&C gave to some of us .. overtime, any surface protectant will degrade n need re-polishing.. best is actual car cover protection. I've been doing this since day 1 I got my SX sports, n the original ("inferior") zirtona is still shiny.. plus regular weekly home washing..

Exactly.Cover is the best.What is the 0.003mm to 0.005mm pps can do?

It will wear off in no time.

Is better to let those spray painter to spray another extra layer of clear coat lacquer to protect the paint work.

The protection is better than pps.

• Praise 1

My experience - a lot of leftover wax on car body, and finishing really not good to be honest.. quite a few areas pointed out then SE ask the auntie wipe again.

Check the area around door handle, the gaps when u pull door handle. See got leftover wax or not.

But note that u so niao during collection, trouble the poor auntie only. Guy who did a lousy job polishing won't suffer.

SE was lousy also. Very disorganized fella.

I drive out then it started raining, then I realized no point make the auntie wipe until spotless give u lah, u drive out immediately will dirty Liao mah.

Cars will have spotless paintwork and shine in showroom, but that is not where it is meant to be.

Normal wear and tear, fine scratches, little chip, it's part of using the car and we shld learn to ignore. (Although i also heartpain lah!)

• Praise 1

My experience - a lot of leftover wax on car body, and finishing really not good to be honest.. quite a few areas pointed out then SE ask the auntie wipe again.

Check the area around door handle, the gaps when u pull door handle. See got leftover wax or not.

But note that u so niao during collection, trouble the poor auntie only. Guy who did a lousy job polishing won't suffer.

SE was lousy also. Very disorganized fella.

I drive out then it started raining, then I realized no point make the auntie wipe until spotless give u lah, u drive out immediately will dirty Liao mah.

Cars will have spotless paintwork and shine in showroom, but that is not where it is meant to be.

Normal wear and tear, fine scratches, little chip, it's part of using the car and we shld learn to ignore. (Although i also heartpain lah!)

That's right. That's what I'm trying to say. It your car is black or metallic colour, except white, can see lots of leftover wax on bumper black trims, white adhesive lines on car top and bonnet, clear coat uneven stains on paint work.

Not agree on the fine scratches and chips, my one year old car has none. Even better than day one. When I wash car I washed the internal of the rims too, and wheel well.

↡ Advertisement