KIA K3 Owners check-in!

TTT

My experience - a lot of leftover wax on car body, and finishing really not good to be honest.. quite a few areas pointed out then SE ask the auntie wipe again.

Check the area around door handle, the gaps when u pull door handle. See got leftover wax or not.

But note that u so niao during collection, trouble the poor auntie only. Guy who did a lousy job polishing won't suffer.

SE was lousy also. Very disorganized fella.

I drive out then it started raining, then I realized no point make the auntie wipe until spotless give u lah, u drive out immediately will dirty Liao mah.

Cars will have spotless paintwork and shine in showroom, but that is not where it is meant to be.

Normal wear and tear, fine scratches, little chip, it's part of using the car and we shld learn to ignore. (Although i also heartpain lah!)

Cant be your car always in tip-top condition which dont have fine scratches, chips and even water marks esp if your car is drive on the road and parked at open area. Unless you everyday wash and wax the car. Lol.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

That's right. That's what I'm trying to say. It your car is black or metallic colour, except white, can see lots of leftover wax on bumper black trims, white adhesive lines on car top and bonnet, clear coat uneven stains on paint work.

Not agree on the fine scratches and chips, my one year old car has none. Even better than day one. When I wash car I washed the internal of the rims too, and wheel well.

One day there will be fine scratches and chips if you are driving your car. Question is when it happen and how bad. If maintained well it could look great for many years compared to others. Seen this black car near my house which is damn shiny and almost perfect paint, and it's not even a new car...

• Praise 1

One day there will be fine scratches and chips if you are driving your car. Question is when it happen and how bad. If maintained well it could look great for many years compared to others. Seen this black car near my house which is damn shiny and almost perfect paint, and it's not even a new car...

So far I've maintained well for one year, without scratchs and dents and water marks. When it deteriorate maybe on the 3 year , then polish again to renew.

Cant be your car always in tip-top condition which dont have fine scratches, chips and even water marks esp if your car is drive on the road and parked at open area. Unless you everyday wash and wax the car. Lol.

Spot on. One guy here claim that his k3 Paintwork is in perfect condition. Read already feel like reading a salesman pitch. And he said Paintwork even better than day 1 of collection. Maybe you can ask him let you view Edited by leehock13828
  • Praise 1

Spot on. One guy here claim that his k3 Paintwork is in perfect condition. Read already feel like reading a salesman pitch. And he said Paintwork even better than day 1 of collection. Maybe you can ask him let you view

I am not selling anything and I don't care if you believe or not. I'm stating the facts. When u become a car lover, all things are possible.

• Praise 2

you paying or he paying?

Hi all,

Recently set my mind on getting a K3 SX (2017 facelift), as I like the sleekness and aesthetics of the car.

Sought my friend's opinions and he gave a dead NO GO without a bulge.

He commented that main issues with Kia is the engine, which will give rise to problems after 5 years.

I've not driven a Kia before, let alone K3, therefore wish to seek some advice from existing owner bros here, whether indeed there would be future engine problems, or problems of similar..thanks...

• Praise 1

No problem.

The problem is people keep imagining got problems. [laugh]

Got engine problems? My previous Kia driven 8 years with mileage 180,000km. No engine and gearbox problem.

No problem.

The problem is people keep imagining got problems. [laugh]

Now is 2017 and those people still thinking that KIA is still using the old Mazda engine in the early days. 

• Praise 1

Kia used to use Mazda engines?

Yes, in the early 1990's...Kia depends on Mazda and Hyundai depends on Mitsubishi.

"Starting in 1986 (when only 26 cars were manufactured, followed by over 95,000 the next year),[12] Kia rejoined the automobile industry in partnership with Ford. Kia produced several Mazda-derived vehicles for both domestic sales in South Korea and for export into other countries. These models included the Kia Pride, based on the Mazda 121, and the Avella, which were sold in North America and Australasia as the Ford Festiva and Ford Aspire."

Edited by Multi

So far I've maintained well for one year, without scratchs and dents and water marks. When it deteriorate maybe on the 3 year , then polish again to renew.

For water marks, dont think can be save by polishing again after few years down the road.

• Praise 1

For weekend car is possible.My car park got one weekend elantra plate SK series also dent and chip free.Paint work also very good even after more than a year.

• Praise 1

For weekend car is possible.My car park got one weekend elantra plate SK series also dent and chip free.Paint work also very good even after more than a year.

But funny right? Buy car but cannot drive, only park at home to keep it shiny. Its like getting married but no sex involve. Dents n scratches are part n parcel of owning/oweing a car.
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1