KIA K3 Owners check-in!

TTT

But funny right? Buy car but cannot drive, only park at home to keep it shiny. Its like getting married but no sex involve. Dents n scratches are part n parcel of owning/oweing a car.

Maybe they don't need to drive to work on weekday so they choose to buy weekend car just for family outing or whatever during weekend.

So weekday mostly park at multi-storey car park so is able to maintain.

And also depends on where you drive.

As for me,chipped paint work normally happen in weekday working hour cause works in tuas.So many truck,lorry and pickup moving around.

If work in city area,chances of chipped paintwork is lower.

↡ Advertisement

For weekend car is possible.My car park got one weekend elantra plate SK series also dent and chip free.Paint work also very good even after more than a year.

Too nice Paintwork n the driver may purposely give the car some door dents.

Maybe they don't need to drive to work on weekday so they choose to buy weekend car just for family outing or whatever during weekend.

As for me,chipped paint work normally happen in weekday working hour cause works in tuas.So many truck,lorry and pickup moving around.

The current coe rebate for opc also not worth it.... 17k only. If they give 40k....maybe i will also switch over Edited by Ceribro101

As for me,chipped paint work normally happen in weekday working hour cause works in tuas.So many truck,lorry and pickup moving around.

Ya there is no escaping chipped paint if you drive. Even if you say you managed to avoid every single stone on the road, some truck driving past next to you gives no shit about your paintwork and will happily throw stones up at your car. I got my sideskirt chipped and I'll never know if it was a stone thrown up from my own front wheel or somebody next to me

• Praise 1

Even can eacape chips, there is no way to avoid door dent. Moreover washing car will sometimes result in very very fine scratches in the paintwork. I strongly doubt any cars in Spore can have perfect paintwork.

Ya there is no escaping chipped paint if you drive. Even if you say you managed to avoid every single stone on the road, some truck driving past next to you gives no shit about your paintwork and will happily throw stones up at your car. I got my sideskirt chipped and I'll never know if it was a stone thrown up from my own front wheel or somebody next to me

OPC is slowly dying out. Maybe its time to scape it.

The current coe rebate for opc also not worth it.... 17k only. If they give 40k....maybe i will also switch over

Neutral Newbie

But funny right? Buy car but cannot drive, only park at home to keep it shiny. Its like getting married but no sex involve. Dents n scratches are part n parcel of owning/oweing a car.

That's sounds really right.
  • Praise 1

My Car is 9mth 9k mileage, with some-say-too-useless-expensive( [:p])  PPS done since week 1.

Already got 1 dent, 3 chip-offs. 2 ugly 2cm scratches, and watermarks  all over the shop. (and I wash every week) 

Oh well. Part and parcel of parking in hot sun and rain since no sheltered car park. 

Even can eacape chips, there is no way to avoid door dent. Moreover washing car will sometimes result in very very fine scratches in the paintwork. I strongly doubt any cars in Spore can have perfect paintwork.

OPC is slowly dying out. Maybe its time to scape it.

OPC works for me. I don't drive to work. I can drive up to 300km on weekends (nv go msia lol)

Give me $10k or $17k no diff. It's the lifestyle requirement. 

My Car is 9mth 9k mileage, with some-say-too-useless-expensive( [:p])  PPS done since week 1.

Already got 1 dent, 3 chip-offs. 2 ugly 2cm scratches, and watermarks  all over the shop. (and I wash every week) 

Oh well. Part and parcel of parking in hot sun and rain since no sheltered car park. 

OPC works for me. I don't drive to work. I can drive up to 300km on weekends (nv go msia lol)

Free 17k in pocket, better than nothing!

Hypersonic

My Car is 9mth 9k mileage, with some-say-too-useless-expensive( [:p]) PPS done since week 1.

Already got 1 dent, 3 chip-offs. 2 ugly 2cm scratches, and watermarks all over the shop. (and I wash every week)

PPS is a protective coat over car paintwork and car still subject to other factors practically. Wonder worthwhile to apply PPS ....... 10 years EOL most will scrap.
  • Praise 1

PPS is a protective coat over car paintwork and car still subject to other factors practically. Wonder worthwhile to apply PPS ....... 10 years EOL most will scrap.

Traditional wax or sealant package still better than Pps.

Traditional wax will wear off quickly over washes and rain. Ideally wax every 6months. Pps act as a permanent wax solution which won't wear out so quickly. If you do up your sums, a PPS with 3-5 years warranty cost the same as traditional wax if wax every 6 months

OPC was good when the COE was about 20k+.

back then, with OPC, you could buy a Toyota for about 30-40k..

NOW....

Mostly is car next to you.

Don't follow too near to the front vehicle especially on high way.

Very easy to get front bumper or bonnet chipped from the back wheel of front vehicle.

A lot of pps is overrated.

One dent,scratch or chipped paint is enough to make your nicely pps car don't look nice anymore.

So save the money and wax regularly is more worth.

My Car is 9mth 9k mileage, with some-say-too-useless-expensive( [:p]) PPS done since week 1.

Already got 1 dent, 3 chip-offs. 2 ugly 2cm scratches, and watermarks all over the shop. (and I wash every week)

I think you buy a car cover for your car is better than pps since your car always park under the sun.

A lot of pps is overrated.

One dent,scratch or chipped paint is enough to make your nicely pps car don't look nice anymore.

So save the money and wax regularly is more worth.

Regular waxing cost about $150 per session. In 3 years need to wax 6 times = $900. Which is the same as pps with 3 years warranty against any watermarks, scratches, they will remove or re-polish foc.
↡ Advertisement