KIA K3 Owners check-in!

TTT

Great to know that the K3 has 6 airbags. Any electronic or engine niggles to report for current owners?

The facelift jazz looks pretty decent la, downside tho is that the 1.3 is rear drum brake. For the K3 is it disc brake throughout?

SX is the almost 90k one.

The one you are looking has only two airbags and no TC.

Great to know that the K3 has 6 airbags. Any electronic or engine niggles to report for current owners?

The facelift jazz looks pretty decent la, downside tho is that the 1.3 is rear drum brake. For the K3 is it disc brake throughout?

All k3 has drum brakes except sx

May consider it's different skinned cousin instead at about 2/3k more than this car

Edited by Brass
↡ Advertisement

All k3 has drum brakes except sx

May consider it's different skinned cousin instead at about 2/3k more than this car

from my understanding all k3 are disc brakes all rounded

my ride is K3 EX trim

In term of cc,is upgrade.

In term of brand,to some people is downgrade.lol...

So depends on how you/others see.

I personally don't see a downgrade in brand tbh. KIA has been improving tremendously in recent years, personally thought of getting a K3 myself as well (still in consideration lol). 

• Praise 1

I personally don't see a downgrade in brand tbh. KIA has been improving tremendously in recent years, personally thought of getting a K3 myself as well (still in consideration lol). 

Exactly.Buy the car which you like and not the brand.

I drove kia before.Quality wise is as good as jap car which I currently driving.

i take it as a upgrade in terms of comfort, space etc.

i went to see the new jazz it’s almost the same price with the sx but a lot a lot less features n 2 air bags :(

• Praise 1

Hey fellas, potential owner here so hoping to get some feedback. How does the K3 EX compare with the Jazz 1.3? Able to share some of the pros & cons for each? Both are at similar price points at the moment. How many air bags does the K3 EX model have? The jazz only has 2 which is quite a bummer cause I'll be ferrying my family around. Build quality for both seem to be similar on the surface, not too sure about Kia's spare parts availability outside, for Honda pretty straightforward la.

Sorry if this has been discussed before, many thanks!

If you foresee will have family members in your car regularly, that you will drive at least 6yrs before changing car, I suggest topping up to get SX.

Reasons:

- 6 airbags, enhanced safety

- memory driver seat, can set 2 positions

- rear aircon vents. Back passengers will appreciate this feature on hot days

- front ventilated seats. Can blow cool/warm air thru the seat to lower back. Shiok on hot days

- good leg room for front and back passengers

- driver and front passenger don't feel 'squeezed' in their seats

- decent boot space, great for grocery shopping

- 3 drive modes. If like to chiong then Sports mode. If want save on petrol then Eco

- SX looks great!

Need to get rid of the notion "jap cars are better than korean cars". This is true many years ago but not now. I think Kimchi cars have caught up, or even surpassed Sushi cars. Seeing more new K3s on the roads now.  [thumbsup]

SX now prob 89k. I bought at 91k last Sep..  :a-bang:

• Praise 2

If you foresee will have family members in your car regularly, that you will drive at least 6yrs before changing car, I suggest topping up to get SX.

Reasons:

- 6 airbags, enhanced safety

- memory driver seat, can set 2 positions

- rear aircon vents. Back passengers will appreciate this feature on hot days

- front ventilated seats. Can blow cool/warm air thru the seat to lower back. Shiok on hot days

- good leg room for front and back passengers

- driver and front passenger don't feel 'squeezed' in their seats

- decent boot space, great for grocery shopping

- 3 drive modes. If like to chiong then Sports mode. If want save on petrol then Eco

- SX looks great!

Need to get rid of the notion "jap cars are better than korean cars". This is true many years ago but not now. I think Kimchi cars have caught up, or even surpassed Sushi cars. Seeing more new K3s on the roads now.  [thumbsup]

SX now prob 89k. I bought at 91k last Sep..  :a-bang:

agree... I was previously driving a lancer EX before changing to the K3. I would consider the overall package and drive experience of the K3 much better than the previous lancer after driving it for a month. It makes a good family sedan.

I signed at 95K, see the price now also bang wall...

Wouldn't bang too much on the ventilated seat though.... what i considered too cold to use when I first got the car is now barely cooling... lol...

• Praise 1

agree... I was previously driving a lancer EX before changing to the K3. I would consider the overall package and drive experience of the K3 much better than the previous lancer after driving it for a month. It makes a good family sedan.

I signed at 95K, see the price now also bang wall...

Wouldn't bang too much on the ventilated seat though.... what i considered too cold to use when I first got the car is now barely cooling... lol...

Becos of Ur spoilt butt?

Or because the seats are spoiling?

Hey fellas, potential owner here so hoping to get some feedback. How does the K3 EX compare with the Jazz 1.3? Able to share some of the pros & cons for each? Both are at similar price points at the moment. How many air bags does the K3 EX model have? The jazz only has 2 which is quite a bummer cause I'll be ferrying my family around. Build quality for both seem to be similar on the surface, not too sure about Kia's spare parts availability outside, for Honda pretty straightforward la.

Sorry if this has been discussed before, many thanks!

If safety is your priority and not willing to pay for the top trim, maybe you can consider the Elantras.. 6 air bags, traction control and hill assist comes standard in all trims. Their basic trim is $76k.Elantra can be cheaper and they force you to take their bank loan nor insurance too..
  • Praise 1

If safety is your priority and not willing to pay for the top trim, maybe you can consider the Elantras.. 6 air bags, traction control and hill assist comes standard in all trims. Their basic trim is $76k.Elantra can be cheaper and they force you to take their bank loan nor insurance too..

Thanks for all the advise! Will dropby the Hyundai showroom soon.

Went to the Kia Ubi showroom today and frankly the base trim K3 L is damn basic. No rear aircon vents, no front in-car lighting, really cheap feeling. Need to top-up 1k for leather seats and touchscreen radio. The EX is much better and the omv is 2k higher @ $14k. Their also giving u $2k off the sale price if u take a full loan.

All in all, comparing with Kah motors Honda jazz 1.3, overall package much more practical & depre per year is less. But if there's 1 thing I must say tho, maybe it's just me but I kinda get tired of the K3 looks after awhile. Imho the jazz is the 'fresher' looking ride, just my 2 cents. Gotta decide by this weekend

• Praise 1

Went to the Kia Ubi showroom today and frankly the base trim K3 L is damn basic. No rear aircon vents, no front in-car lighting, really cheap feeling. Need to top-up 1k for leather seats and touchscreen radio. The EX is much better and the omv is 2k higher @ $14k. Their also giving u $2k off the sale price if u take a full loan.

All in all, comparing with Kah motors Honda jazz 1.3, overall package much more practical & depre per year is less. But if there's 1 thing I must say tho, maybe it's just me but I kinda get tired of the K3 looks after awhile. Imho the jazz is the 'fresher' looking ride, just my 2 cents. Gotta decide by this weekend

All in all, comparing with Kah motors Honda jazz 1.3, overall package much more practical & depre per year is less. But if there's 1 thing I must say tho, maybe it's just me but I kinda get tired of the K3 looks after awhile. Imho the jazz is the 'fresher' looking ride, just my 2 cents. Gotta decide by this weekend ð¬

Haha....any car u buy, some ppl will also get tired after sometime. I guess that's why some ppl change car every year. Somehow, any k3 on the road catches my eye.

It will be even more exciting when the 2019 Stinger Forte reach our shores.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1