KIA K3 Owners check-in!

TTT

Ok Bro , take care .

Then ok lar... just go to C&C and ask how much to touch up...

Thanks bros!

Just to update, sent the car in, was quoted $200+ to respray the whole bumper with 3 days of no usage. So I decided to go for the FOC hand touch up since they are only 3 clustered small chips. The result is uneven paint but not so obvious. Just have to live with it.

(edited)

Thanks bros!

Just to update, sent the car in, was quoted $200+ to respray the whole bumper with 3 days of no usage. So I decided to go for the FOC hand touch up since they are only 3 clustered small chips. The result is uneven paint but not so obvious. Just have to live with it.

I also encountered 2 small chips on my back passenger door and one on my front bumper.

Just my thought.....would it be better if I just leave those chips alone since applying touch up paint may result in uneven surface....may make it more obvious.

Edited by Potatoes
  • Praise 1

Thanks bros!

Welcome Bro , did the Jaguar owner pay you ?

Neutral Newbie

I tot Kia k3 will auto lock when moving off or when first step on brakes?

Should it? Maybe there's some settings that I need to adjust. Will go try to read up in the manual. Thanks!

Should it? Maybe there's some settings that I need to adjust. Will go try to read up in the manual. Thanks!

If I am not wrong, only pre-FL has auto-lock. Both pre-FL and FL have auto-unlock though.

I think some bros here using a plug and play thing to set for FL. 

EX have no such features. Only SX sport has it

If I am not wrong, only pre-FL has auto-lock. Both pre-FL and FL have auto-unlock though.

I think some bros here using a plug and play thing to set for FL.

My FL SX sports trim comes with the auto lock feature. This auto lock feature only sets in when the car moves until a certain speed. Not sure about the other K3 trims.
  • Praise 1

Apart from the blinking lights and folding mirrors, I wonder Is there a way to integrate a beeping sound for the K3 FL key remote to search for the car in a big carpark like Suntec city?

I sometimes have difficulty to look for my car or at times walk back to check if I have lock the car.

Anyone changed to HID lights for the EX model?

Change to HID need to cut wire and cover. It is recommended to change to LED cause it is plug and play bu with some simple mod but not cutting of wires. 

I also encountered 2 small chips on my back passenger door and one on my front bumper.

Just my thought.....would it be better if I just leave those chips alone since applying touch up paint may result in uneven surface....may make it more obvious.

The chips look like specks of dust from far. The retouched paint, although slight uneven, is not really that obvious and you may not even notice it under most light conditions. I'm pretty ok with the result.

Welcome Bro , did the Jaguar owner pay you ?

I updated him to let him know I went for the FOC hand touch up. He followed up by saying that I can send my car in to his workshops which probably cost cheaper than what Kia is charging, and without the excessive downtime.

• Praise 1

(edited)

I tot Kia k3 will auto lock when moving off or when first step on brakes?

I think only the L model can auto lock when step on brakes. The ex only have Auto Unlock. Cos L model key is the aftermarket type.

I got this before on prev ride Avante. Caused by faulty fuel pump. Any indicator lights on dashboard before engine turned off?

No lights no nth. Okay I take note! Edited by Angzixun
  • Praise 1

Change to HID need to cut wire and cover. It is recommended to change to LED cause it is plug and play bu with some simple mod but not cutting of wires.

Who told you aftermarket HID need to cut wiring?

Who told you aftermarket HID need to cut wiring?

Accessories Shop...you mean you have a set without the need to cut wire and the cover? Pls share, I don't mind to upgrade my LED to HID.

Accessories Shop...you mean you have a set without the need to cut wire and the cover? Pls share, I don't mind to upgrade my LED to HID.

No need la. All aftermarket HID is plug and play. I even DIY for my Forte. But the dust cap needs a 1" hole to be cut for the HID wiring.

Other than that, no need to cut the factory wiring.

↡ Advertisement