KIA K3 Owners check-in!

TTT

Some places are simply slippery and not solely because of tyres. I changed to RE003 just a few months ago, the traction control kicked in while going uphill to merge into CTE on a rainy day. Previously on Nexen tyres never slipped before.

Yes, I agreed some places are very slippery especially when it is wet. There might be some other reasons too, e.g. new tires will have some wax on the surface.

But I changed the tires out of caution, for peace of mind and safety for my family.

That's is a reasonable price, as I have asked around. Can recommend which tire shop to get it?

Thanks,

FYI - Just went servicing at C&C. Was quoted $115 each Roadstone tire from Korea before GST. Decided to get tires outside.

I was quoted $162 (promotion price) by Autobacs and $165 by AL Tyres which I bargained hard to get $160.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Some places are simply slippery and not solely because of tyres. I changed to RE003 just a few months ago, the traction control kicked in while going uphill to merge into CTE on a rainy day. Previously on Nexen tyres never slipped before.

Some new tyres need to be driven for awhile before it has the "grip". New tyres can be slippery too due to the rubber coating?

• Praise 1

btw the workshop owner (a very nice and humble guy) commented, 2 years so fast need to change batter ah?

so hopefully this amaron battery can last longer than that.. btw there is a 1 year warranty

sharing some tips that i learnt. when changing car battery if the workshop asks to start the engine before changing, it is the wrong way. it could fry the fuse or the electronics. the proper way is to connect another external battery to the car before changing the battery. your radio settings should remain intact after the change. cheers

Thank u for the info Bro
  • Praise 1

I've used the stock Nexen for about 3 years. Besides a tyre with uneven wear, the rest were fine. Decent in the wet. Never had any problems with them.

In the pursuit of quietness, I have since changed them to quieter tires. My opinion, the Nexen is competent even when compared to the current Japanese tires.

I've used the stock Nexen for about 3 years. Besides a tyre with uneven wear, the rest were fine. Decent in the wet. Never had any problems with them.

In the pursuit of quietness, I have since changed them to quieter tires. My opinion, the Nexen is competent even when compared to the current Japanese tires.

Agree with you. I'm still using the stock nexen after 2 years. Quite pleased with the handling and cornering. Wet conditions feel confident also. Only thing is sometimes can be quite noisy.

Mind to share which tyres are you using now?

Edited by Sunnywil
  • Praise 1

Imo, the stock nexen is pretty decent. Decided to change them out after 8 months cause one tyre had a patch and another one blew out so i used a different tyres.

Not comfortable driving with one patched tyre and one different tyre.

• Praise 1

Hi , yes it will auto shut off for safety purpose to prevent overheat of the rear windscreen heater . Same to other makes of cars .

Thanks fr the info!!
  • Praise 2

Great to hear a positive feedback about Nixen stock tyres. However, i still think it would be worth in spend in a set of good and reliable tyres. Anyway these are going to last me for the next 3years.
  • Praise 1

Agree with you. I'm still using the stock nexen after 2 years. Quite pleased with the handling and cornering. Wet conditions feel confident also. Only thing is sometimes can be quite noisy.

Mind to share which tyres are you using now?

The Nexen at 3 years would probably be noisier than when new, similar to most old tires. Hence when people change to new tires, they would feel that their tires are quieter.

I am using Yokohama dB v552 (Japan-made) for the front and another brand behind.

The Yokohama is a soft and quiet tire. Having paid attention to the Nexen tire noise, the Yokohama is a good consideration for those who like quiet tires. 

Great to hear a positive feedback about Nixen stock tyres. However, i still think it would be worth in spend in a set of good and reliable tyres. Anyway these are going to last me for the next 3years.

we have many K3s on the road with Nexen tires. Couldn't go wrong with these stock tires.

If you are not comfortable, you can trade in your new Nexens with a brand of your liking. There are plenty of choices.

Neutral Newbie

Hi all, I'm getting my new car but I'm requested to pay the remaining balancing before KIA sale agent can process or register my car. I had been asking whether I can pay the balance upon receiving the car, but they said no. Is it not possible?

• Praise 1

Hi all, I'm getting my new car but I'm requested to pay the remaining balancing before KIA sale agent can process or register my car. I had been asking whether I can pay the balance upon receiving the car, but they said no. Is it not possible?

Yes, you have to settle all payment due before they register...What if after register and the buyer disappear? 

Very likely SE won't wait till collection date then let you do balance payment. After COE secured last Oct, SE started pressing me to do balance payment. Maybe lucky for me, the gravity blue SX was in stock so dun have to wait too long before collecting.

• Praise 2

Neutral Newbie

Thanks for your opinion guys! Sorry if I asked a stupid question. Very new on this. Just wan to make sure it is a common practice on the process.

• Praise 1

The Nexen at 3 years would probably be noisier than when new, similar to most old tires. Hence when people change to new tires, they would feel that their tires are quieter.

I am using Yokohama dB v552 (Japan-made) for the front and another brand behind.

The Yokohama is a soft and quiet tire. Having paid attention to the Nexen tire noise, the Yokohama is a good consideration for those who like quiet tires. 

we have many K3s on the road with Nexen tires. Couldn't go wrong with these stock tires.

If you are not comfortable, you can trade in your new Nexens with a brand of your liking. There are plenty of choices.

Would love to try out db v552 for my next change

Due to the material of the disc it will rust for all cars and depending on where you park and the amount of usage , I assumed you parked at an open car park level ground ,which the dew from the environment may also accelerate the rust effect .

Change to ceramic brakes. No rust. Hehehehe... But overkill for our K3 lah.

Would love to try out db v552 for my next change

I was quoted $170 each (215/45R17) for the v552 by LS. Anyone got lobang for somewhere cheaper? Don't get me wrong, I think $170 is ok and I always go back LS for my tyres. But just wanna get a sensing of the pricing.
  • Praise 1

Thanks for your opinion guys! Sorry if I asked a stupid question. Very new on this. Just wan to make sure it is a common practice on the process.

Yep common practice
↡ Advertisement