KIA K3 Owners check-in!

TTT

Are you aware of any KIA owners who faced similar issues in other countries?

As for as i know SG got a few case liao. I am not the only one. Kah Motor has a global service support data base so cars in some other countries may be affected also. But not a deal breaker as long as CNC willing the swop the affected parts. I started to bang table think around on my 7th visit. Think those before me may not have that kind of patience. CNC is aware a few car have this problem randomly. So is macham strike toto.
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

CNC is quite understanding and reasonable. All i can say is they dont anyhow void warranty. Even despite all these, i continue to support them and buy after sales service from them. If it is preexisting condition fault for stock car and parts, they will honor their warranty. They do balance between their interest and customer interest.

Turbocharged
(edited)

CNC is quite understanding and reasonable. All i can say is they dont anyhow void warranty. Even despite all these, i continue to support them and buy after sales service from them. If it is preexisting condition fault for stock car and parts, they will honor their warranty. They do balance between their interest and customer interest.

They void warranty on engine if you decide to bring your own engine oil during servicing, on top of a $30 corkage charge. 

Edited by Vinceng

As long as you service and do repairs with them, they are reasonable in warranty claims. For those who do not give them business and choose outside workshops, warranty claims may be an issue, despite what the govt say

Hi fellow owners:

Two questions

1. Where is the point to apply grease to door hinge?

2. How do you turn off daytime running lights?

2. To off it, your car must be stationary to apply parking brakes(eg. turn the light switch to off, then apply handbrake) When the car is moving, there’s no way to off.
  • Praise 1

2. To off it, your car must be stationary to apply parking brakes(eg. turn the light switch to off, then apply handbrake) When the car is moving, there’s no way to off.

Thank you. I read online there are foreign K3 owners who did re-wiring to turn off DRL. Any risk takers? :)

As for as i know SG got a few case liao. I am not the only one. Kah Motor has a global service support data base so cars in some other countries may be affected also. But not a deal breaker as long as CNC willing the swop the affected parts. I started to bang table think around on my 7th visit. Think those before me may not have that kind of patience. CNC is aware a few car have this problem randomly. So is macham strike toto.

You are very patient. 7th visit then bang table.

Did you try to reproduce the problem? Perhaps CC cannot reproduce the issue. It could be some chain of events that lead the bug to reappear?

I noticed something with my tail red lights. There is one part that can never be lit (even if i turn on everything...)

Wonder if everyone has the same observation on their car?

My car is a K3 SX Facelift.

head lights on auto + foot brake + rear fog lamp. There is this part that doesnt light up

16260rs.jpg

For comparison, I have attached the other combination for comparison.

head lights on auto + foot brake

14cs8s5.jpg

head lights on auto only

6ih2xc.jpg

Mine looks exactly the same as yours. Although, I didn't have to depress the brakes to light the mid LED section. It turns on when the rear fog light is on.
  • Praise 1

Mine looks exactly the same as yours. Although, I didn't have to depress the brakes to light the mid LED section. It turns on when the rear fog light is on.

so you have that same patch that you cannot lit?

• Praise 1

I didn't know you could turn off the daytime running lights (DRL). It remains turned on as long as the engine is running, even if the car is stationary.

Is this for FL or pre-FL? 

• Praise 1

I didn't know you could turn off the daytime running lights (DRL). It remains turned on as long as the engine is running, even if the car is stationary.

I find drl extremely annoying

Anyone experiencing aircon emmiting foul smell after starting the engine?

Yes... sent back to CnC for cooling coil cleaning and chemical flush.

• Praise 1

Thats mildew from condensation in your cooling system.

Blast your aircon at the max temperature for about 10 mins to "fry" them.

• Praise 1

Mines FL...when my handbrake is up, the drl will be off.
  • Praise 1

Hi , i think its pretty common for all makes/models.

The stale smell last for few seconds then no more right?

Normally its due to residue condensate that stuck on the cooling coil.

U can try this way , before switching off engine , off A/C & turn to heater mode to dry up the condensate,

for a while (approx. 30 seconds).

• Praise 1