KIA K3 Owners check-in!

TTT

On 2/2/2020 at 11:08 PM, HaroldYeo said:

Apologies for the late reply bro. I found it on carousell already. Thanks.

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Hi all. Recently I just booked cerato LX model. Wanted to do leather wrapping for steering wheel. 

Any shops to recommend. Tks

Hi,

Any K3 2015 SX model owners have issue with HID headlight ? Mine 1 side blown and trying to find alternative solution because original from distributor very $$$$$. 

Tk u. 

Neutral Newbie

Hi all,

I just installed a MB Quart Active subwoofer. Just feel like the vocal is softer than the bass now.. Any idea how to set the audio setting in the Motrex HU to make the vocal louder? Thanks in advance.

15 hours ago, k3doit said:

Hi all,

I just installed a MB Quart Active subwoofer. Just feel like the vocal is softer than the bass now.. Any idea how to set the audio setting in the Motrex HU to make the vocal louder? Thanks in advance.

Have you tried going to the EQ setting and adjust the Mid higher?  

On 10/17/2018 at 8:50 PM, poseidonlee said:

Well, I guess I have some good news for you ... you are not alone, this is a common issue maybe for our batch. Mine is also 2.5yrs old car and I have the same issue. Another good news is it is covered by 5yr warranty. They "checked and tightened" mine before but it still happen intermittently ... maybe like 3-4 times a year so far. So they will not replace until it totally failed. 

The other disappointing thing is that 2 wks ago ... my 2.5yrs old k3 has a defective aircon compressor! WTH! My last honda lasted me 10 yrs without compressor issue! 

I just started the car in the morning and realised the air con was blowing out just warm air ... restarting did not help ... drove straight to C&C, left the car there for the whole day and they replaced the whole aircon compressor! Fortunately covered under warranty ... and thumbs up for their straight forward service ... but worrying for the quality of KIA... 

Hi, 

For this warranty to be effective, does that means you keep C&C as your car servicing agent for the past 2.5 when that problem occurs? (should be 5 years by now..)

On 5/30/2018 at 1:15 PM, GaryFoo said:

hows the fuel consumption like for you guys?

my 1 month old K3, is doing only 12km/lit. that's kind of low?

and i majorly run highway.

i noticed the "fuel mileage remaining" counter dropping quite fast when driving non-highway. faster than the rate at which i cover the distance. 

anybody similar issue?

New car till now (3yrs old), driving in SG can never hit above 10km/L(or never above 420km in odo when distance left on remaining fuel shows about 50km) no matter which gear settings I use (normal or ECO). (worse than my Avante - which usually 11km/L - 12km/L or above 500km in odo)

However driving on NSH, FC always increases dramatically to max 16km/L, SG to Ipoh without topping up.

21 hours ago, Bluepica said:

New car till now (3yrs old), driving in SG can never hit above 10km/L(or never above 420km in odo when distance left on remaining fuel shows about 50km) no matter which gear settings I use (normal or ECO). (worse than my Avante - which usually 11km/L - 12km/L or above 500km in odo)

However driving on NSH, FC always increases dramatically to max 16km/L, SG to Ipoh without topping up.

Oooo... you still active bro... you used to drive a Picanto right?

Interesting that you can't hit more than 10 km/L... likely your driving route is very crowded with lots of traffic lights or start-stop traffic. It's the same for all cars... on highyway, my car ever registered 17 km/L but in actual fact, every month I get only 10.2 km/L or so... unless I drive super conservatively then can get 11.5 km/L (cruise control 90 km/L all the way on highway portion of drive) or drive like a ninny and get 12.5 km/L (80 km/L cruise control)... my daily route is 50/50 highway and city driving... driving in HDB estates really kills your fuel consumption... hahaha...

Hi bros.

Need you kind assistance. I'm driving the 2016 kia K3 pre-FL model. Today when i unlock the car the left side mirror motor keep making loud sound is like the motors keep running and the mirror won't open or close even when i try from the driver side switch same thing. Does anybody knows if this is covered by CnC warranty or if need to be replace how much will it cost ?

What could be the issue with the mirrors? Thanks in advance.

I share the same driving experience as you.

A smooth flowing highway guarantees the best FC (16km/L to 22km/L) while driving on congested roads with stoppages gives miserable FC (can be as low as 7km/L).

Just installed a pair of Mini F31 H7 LED bulbs for my low beams.

Used to have the X3 LED (not bright enough with insufficient throw), and Philips Diamond Vision. 

The Mini F31 are really good (clean white light, stable without flicker) and has a long throw. Bulb (with heat sink) is also shorter, so it fits in the housing easily with no issue. Dust cover can still close properly. 

Attached photo is taken with phone cam placed at centre-point, just in front of wiper.

photo_2020-09-17_09-49-33.jpg

↡ Advertisement