KIA K3 Owners check-in!

TTT

3 hours ago, Jzachlee said:

Just installed a pair of Mini F31 H7 LED bulbs for my low beams.

Used to have the X3 LED (not bright enough with insufficient throw), and Philips Diamond Vision. 

The Mini F31 are really good (clean white light, stable without flicker) and has a long throw. Bulb (with heat sink) is also shorter, so it fits in the housing easily with no issue. Dust cover can still close properly. 

Attached photo is taken with phone cam placed at centre-point, just in front of wiper.

photo_2020-09-17_09-49-33.jpg

interesting... please share photo from the front as well.. 

↡ Advertisement

56 minutes ago, Contipro said:

interesting... please share photo from the front as well.. 

Here's a shot. Sorry for the super blur image. I will try to take a better and sharper one tonight.253647507_ScreenShot2020-09-17at2_08_28PM.thumb.png.5f369bd57da3d4b194a5b3cefb2b586d.png

22 minutes ago, teomingern said:

Why the two black streaks of shadows before the illuminated patch where the light beam hits the road?

I think it is due to the orientation of my LED Bulb. The LED are at 3/9 o'clock. Will try to move it to 6/12 o'clock. But from driver seat, can't see that dark streaks. Can see here because photo taken from wiper position.

20 hours ago, Jzachlee said:

I think it is due to the orientation of my LED Bulb. The LED are at 3/9 o'clock. Will try to move it to 6/12 o'clock. But from driver seat, can't see that dark streaks. Can see here because photo taken from wiper position.

Rotated the bulbs to 6/12 o'clock. While it removed the dark streaks, the throw becomes distorted and not as bright. So I've decided to keep it at 3/9 o'clock since I can't see the dark streaks from the driver seat. The dark streaks are also lighted up when I switch on my fog lights.

40 minutes ago, Jzachlee said:

Rotated the bulbs to 6/12 o'clock. While it removed the dark streaks, the throw becomes distorted and not as bright. So I've decided to keep it at 3/9 o'clock since I can't see the dark streaks from the driver seat. The dark streaks are also lighted up when I switch on my fog lights.

try point toward a wall to check how is the light being projected out ? 

Neutral Newbie

Hi all the expert,

My car aircon not cold these few days. Anyone have this issue also? My car is about 6 years old. Any good workshop at the west/south area to recommend? Thanks in advance.

Looking to change my HU on my 2015 KIA K3. 

Would the Pioneer AVH-Z9250BT be suitable? Any installed it, or any other Pioneer HU with Apple CarPlay?

Appreciate if anyone has good workshops to recommend.  

On 3/3/2021 at 9:26 AM, Keegs said:

Hi all the expert,

My car aircon not cold these few days. Anyone have this issue also? My car is about 6 years old. Any good workshop at the west/south area to recommend? Thanks in advance.

You need to clean the aircon lor... change the aircon fan filter, top up jie refrigerant gas, check compressor not leaking, check the cooling coil also not leaking. Can get a quote from C&C lor... 

There's a list of recommended workshop here from Sgcarmart actually:

https://m.sgcarmart.com/articles/articleinfo.php?CT=a&AID=452

@G3nesis 100k is considered service B (not major) but requires all the basic maintenance and changing engine n aircon filter... see attached service menu by C&C.  My 2017 Sx is under C&C as i wanted to be covered for the 1st 5 years.

Screenshot_20210322-002941_WPS Office.jpg

On 3/12/2021 at 5:22 PM, Jzachlee said:

Looking to change my HU on my 2015 KIA K3. 

Would the Pioneer AVH-Z9250BT be suitable? Any installed it, or any other Pioneer HU with Apple CarPlay?

Appreciate if anyone has good workshops to recommend.  

Just sharing here. Decided to install the Alpine Halo 9.

photo_2021-04-10 23.08.11.jpeg

• Praise 1

Does anyone knows how long is the warranty of our K3 ride besides the engine which is 10yrs? Things like the door mechanism, side folding mirror..

is it 3yrs or 5 yrs? My trunk manual lever opener having problem in releasing the trunk .  So not sure should I go back to C&C or outside mechanic. 

On 5/8/2021 at 9:28 PM, Bluepica said:

Does anyone knows how long is the warranty of our K3 ride besides the engine which is 10yrs? Things like the door mechanism, side folding mirror..

is it 3yrs or 5 yrs? My trunk manual lever opener having problem in releasing the trunk .  So not sure should I go back to C&C or outside mechanic. 

Should be 5 years I think... just call up and tell them the problem and ask if it's still under warranty... 

↡ Advertisement