KIA K3 Owners check-in!

TTT

1 hour ago, teomingern said:

Should be 5 years I think... just call up and tell them the problem and ask if it's still under warranty... 

Done, 5 yrs... though I didn’t send my car for servicing, they didn’t say anything about it when I request repair for the trunk. 

↡ Advertisement

15 hours ago, Bluepica said:

Done, 5 yrs... though I didn’t send my car for servicing, they didn’t say anything about it when I request repair for the trunk. 

Aiyoh... SOP lor... CSO keep quiet and then AD don't need to pay for repair under warranty... let owner pay... very sneaky and unprofessional...

46 minutes ago, teomingern said:

Aiyoh... SOP lor... CSO keep quiet and then AD don't need to pay for repair under warranty... let owner pay... very sneaky and unprofessional...

Huh? But I did ask if I need to pay anything? CSO said no need because still under warranty.. but I haven’t fix because I drove in without an appointment ... and he told me have to come back again with appointment because that day was fully booked.

2 hours ago, Bluepica said:

Huh? But I did ask if I need to pay anything? CSO said no need because still under warranty.. but I haven’t fix because I drove in without an appointment ... and he told me have to come back again with appointment because that day was fully booked.

Oh chey... I read your message as the CSO didn't mention that your car still under warranty...

Hello, does any KIA K3 SX driver has issue on the following

- RMP intermitten dropped (car will vibrate) and recover to normal idling. Happens when it comes to a complete stop OR in Idling mode. 

Appreciate if anyone could provide input if you had encounter the issues before. 

TQ.

2 hours ago, KIArean said:

Hello, does any KIA K3 SX driver has issue on the following

- RMP intermitten dropped (car will vibrate) and recover to normal idling. Happens when it comes to a complete stop OR in Idling mode. 

Appreciate if anyone could provide input if you had encounter the issues before. 

TQ.

Sounds like a sensor issue... maybe oxygen sensor or throttle valve sensor...happened to my Elantra before... they replaced the oxygen sensor under warranty then...

hi all, just change my car battery to a Delkor DIN60L. Hope this will last. My previous battery of another brand lasted about 2.5yrs.

On 9/17/2020 at 9:50 AM, Jzachlee said:

Just installed a pair of Mini F31 H7 LED bulbs for my low beams.

Used to have the X3 LED (not bright enough with insufficient throw), and Philips Diamond Vision. 

The Mini F31 are really good (clean white light, stable without flicker) and has a long throw. Bulb (with heat sink) is also shorter, so it fits in the housing easily with no issue. Dust cover can still close properly. 

Attached photo is taken with phone cam placed at centre-point, just in front of wiper.

photo_2020-09-17_09-49-33.jpg

LTA approve meh? If inspection in future need to change back to stock LED?

Edited by Fellows

On 2/25/2022 at 9:19 PM, Fellows said:

LTA approve meh? If inspection in future need to change back to stock LED?

The kind of light bulbs that blind on-coming drivers... there's a reason why the throw of headlights without automatic dipping function feature have limited range...

Edited by teomingern

my passenger side folding mirror motor cant stop when closing. anybody faced the same problem before?

seems like could be the motor or gears that is damaged.

My 2017 K3 headlight got hairline crack. Anyone know where I can buy used headlight? Or is it covered under warranty? Thanks 

Neutral Newbie

Anyone facing problem with the aircon vents? When my aircon temperature is set to 23 and above (front blowing mode), when driving initially the air is ok but after awhile the right side aircon will air output will be warmer than then the other sides, but if I switch to blowing the front and legs mode then the air will be cool. Sent in to C&C to check and they say nothing wrong with my aircon.

Any advice? Im driving 2018 K3 SX  

Neutral Newbie

Have a KIa 2017 Sorento AWD 2.2 CRDi. How's the current batch of KIAs? Mine is starting to show problem after 5 years of warranty has lapsed.

Neutral Newbie

Hi. Everyone,

My K3 2016 steering mode seem to getting heavier. Now Comfort mode should be the lightest to steer become like normal mode driving. Tyre pressue is at 240 also feel heavy to turn. Understand that it is electric steering and some forum said that we can reset the car ECU so that every thing return to default. Anyone can advise? Thank in advance.

On 4/14/2022 at 5:13 PM, Techhp23 said:

Anyone facing problem with the aircon vents? When my aircon temperature is set to 23 and above (front blowing mode), when driving initially the air is ok but after awhile the right side aircon will air output will be warmer than then the other sides, but if I switch to blowing the front and legs mode then the air will be cool. Sent in to C&C to check and they say nothing wrong with my aircon.

Any advice? Im driving 2018 K3 SX  

is either cooling coil or compressor issue... best to get CNC to check

↡ Advertisement