KIA K3 Owners check-in!

TTT

Dono if you guys encounter this. I noticed a lot of cars (any make and models) have this uneven light projection. 

My old Hyundai Verna had the same thing. A lot of cars I see also have this thing. It's not a big issue to me but just curious what caused it.

I am guessing is the headlight assembly's glass is not smooth on the inside. So some of the light gets refracted. 
I know it is not alignment issue cos I manually adjusted the headlight using the adjustment screw under the bonnet (see picture) and the control in the cabin. (the one with 0-1-2-3) 

I see this when I first collected my car. I have changed to many halogen bulbs before (4300K, 5000K, 7000K) still see the same thing. After I changed to LED it is still there. So I am quite sure it is not the alignment of the bulbs.

What do you guys think?

post-176323-0-66551700-1488372811_thumb.jpg

post-176323-0-23160300-1488372825_thumb.jpg

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Uninstall AA and make sure you clear cache and data. Then reinstall again and try, it works for me.

I manage to found the webpage explained my issue. mainly due to Android Auto in my Phone was not the most updated version.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/android-auto/android-auto-general/country-whitelist-enabled-t3102020

After I download the latest version APK and installed. Android Auto back to work again,

(edited)

I manage to found the webpage explained my issue. mainly due to Android Auto in my Phone was not the most updated version.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/android-auto/android-auto-general/country-whitelist-enabled-t3102020

After I download the latest version APK and installed. Android Auto back to work again,

Just last Sunday the issue of "not available in your country" thingy happens to me although i have the latest version.

I uninstall, clear cache and data then reinstall and wala...it works again!!! [;)]

Edited by Multi

(edited)

Dono if you guys encounter this. I noticed a lot of cars (any make and models) have this uneven light projection. 

My old Hyundai Verna had the same thing. A lot of cars I see also have this thing. It's not a big issue to me but just curious what caused it.

I am guessing is the headlight assembly's glass is not smooth on the inside. So some of the light gets refracted. 

I know it is not alignment issue cos I manually adjusted the headlight using the adjustment screw under the bonnet (see picture) and the control in the cabin. (the one with 0-1-2-3) 

I see this when I first collected my car. I have changed to many halogen bulbs before (4300K, 5000K, 7000K) still see the same thing. After I changed to LED it is still there. So I am quite sure it is not the alignment of the bulbs.

What do you guys think?

becoz the driver side more heavy loh

Edited by Kelby

Stick with Mitsubishi coolant. I also replace my coolant with Mitsubishi coolant. I'm not sure if they come in 1L bottle for top up purposes.

The Mit coolant color is it light red color? Same as the color of the coolant when u took the car from CnC?

The Mit coolant color is it light red color? Same as the color of the coolant when u took the car from CnC?

Mitsubishi coolant is green in colour. The only red coolant that I have personally used is the Toyota Long Life coolant.

Is the current K3 coolant red in colour? I'm not driving a K3 but the previous Gen Fortes and the coolant are green coloured.

Hope that helps.

Hi Guys, ytd went to test drive the FL K3 SX at Alexandra showroom. Bloody impressed. After that SE did some figures to estimate costs as below(call this ver A). I did not commit on the spot.

car price: 97k approx

Rebate if book immediately: 1k

net car price: 96k

If take 70% loan, then loan amount is:  0.7*96k = 67.2k

30% dpayment amounts to: 0.3*96k = 28.8k

Old car(avante 2009) trade-in value: 20k for e.g

Outstanding loan: 12k approx

Trade-in balance: 8k

Net dpayment after trade-in deduction: 28.8k - 8k = 20.8k

I played around with the figures and found another way to calculate(call this ver B):

Old car(avante 2009) trade-in value: 20k for e,g

Net car price after trade-in: 96k - 8k = 88k

If take 70% loan, then loan amount is:  0.7*88k = 61.6k

30% dpayment amounts to: 0.3*88k = 26.4k

As you can see, the loan amount differs by 5.6k depending on where the 70% loan is applied. But since it is a loan stretching over 7yrs, we end up paying more than this amount. The dpayment also differs by 5.6k, but we pay one-shot this amount and that's it.

Q1: May I know if any of you bought the car through the ver B method?

Q2: What are the possible freebies I can ask?

Q3: Signal lever is on left to match conti cars. Asked SE if can change to right hand side, he say cannot? But, attached picture from brochure shows steering wheel on right hand side with signal lever also on right hand side. So.. really can or cannot be changed?

Thank you :)

Hi Guys, ytd went to test drive the FL K3 SX at Alexandra showroom. Bloody impressed. After that SE did some figures to estimate costs as below(call this ver A). I did not commit on the spot.

If take 70% loan, then loan amount is: 0.7*96k = 67.2k

I played around with the figures and found another way to calculate(call this ver B):

If take 70% loan, then loan amount is: 0.7*88k = 61.6k

As you can see, the loan amount differs by 5.6k depending on where the 70% loan is applied. But since it is a loan stretching over 7yrs, we end up paying more than this amount. The dpayment also differs by 5.6k, but we pay one-shot this amount and that's it.

Q3: Signal lever is on left to match conti cars. Asked SE if can change to right hand side, he say cannot? But, attached picture from brochure shows steering wheel on right hand side with signal lever also on right hand side. So.. really can or cannot be changed?

It's all depends on your budget. If can loan lesser it will be good. As for the signal level, no it can't be change but you will get use to it after awhile.

Freebies will be like Window flim, dashcam, Motrex HU, floor mat, 1 year Rd TX and insurance

becoz the driver side more heavy loh

No lar... all correctly adjusted headlights will point one side... it's to reduce glare for oncoming vehicles... we don't face this issue of glare cos our streets are very well lit at night. And most of our highways have a centre barrier with plants to screen off the glare from oncoming traffic... only in Singapore our cars can fail the headlights check at vehicle testing and still get an overall pass status...
  • Praise 1

If take 70% loan, then loan amount is: 0.7*96k = 67.2k

If take 70% loan, then loan amount is: 0.7*88k = 61.6k

Your SE got problem leh... whoever deducts the trade-in value from the down payment and not from the total quantum... he's trying to scam you to take a higher loan... idiot! You should confront him... everyone does your Version B lar... you dock the total trade-in value from the final car price, the balance is then subjected to the 30% down payment rule and the rest can be taken as a loan...

The way your SE calculates it is to maximize his commission from the loan cos you loan an additional $5600... you cross the $65,000 amount for loan and I think they get more commission...

You take less loan for Version B... that's more helpful...

By the way... just some advice... you have paid off your car loan... don't bother to buy another car... you're just loading your indebtedness... not worth it... your current car is already 8 years old but you still have paid off the loan... it simply means you're over-leveraged... be careful... cos you may find yourself in a negative equity situation should your job situation take a turn for the worse... the economy is really bad this year... not worth the risk bro in this economic climate...

• Praise 1

Supercharged

Your SE got problem leh... whoever deducts the trade-in value from the down payment and not from the total quantum... he's trying to scam you to take a higher loan... idiot! You should confront him... everyone does your Version B lar... you dock the total trade-in value from the final car price, the balance is then subjected to the 30% down payment rule and the rest can be taken as a loan...

The way your SE calculates it is to maximize his commission from the loan cos you loan an additional $5600... you cross the $65,000 amount for loan and I think they get more commission...

By the way... just some advice... you have paid off your car loan... don't bother to buy another car... you're just loading your indebtedness... not worth it... your current car is already 8 years old but you still have paid off the loan... it simply means you're over-leveraged... be careful... cos you may find yourself in a negative equity situation should your job situation take a turn for the worse... the economy is really bad this year... not worth the risk bro in this economic climate...

This SE probably tries this a lot and gets away with it a lot.

Maybe it should be brought to the attention of his superiors because he is cheating customers.

If this is the first time this has happened and it is a genuine mistake then the superior can look over his past records and check how previous calculations were performed.

Mitsubishi coolant is green in colour. The only red coolant that I have personally used is the Toyota Long Life coolant.

Is the current K3 coolant red in colour? I'm not driving a K3 but the previous Gen Fortes and the coolant are green coloured.

Hope that helps.

It is red in color when i collect my car.

Anyone know what coolant is that?

It is red in color when i collect my car.

Anyone know what coolant is that?

You can try different stockist other than Ming Ghee.. they don't even stock Hyundai/Kia Original coolant only Mitsubishi. Thats your best bet. Maybe other bros driving K3 can advise?

What do you guys think?

Please don't go adjust it up. It's normal, the headlight on the driver's side is always slightly lower to reduce the glare on the driver who is on the opposite side of the road.

• Praise 1

Thank you for the revelation. Lucky I consult the Brothers here first and not commit on the spot else tio slaughtered left-right-center also dunno why. I think SE see me newbie first time new-car buyer that's why try this stunt. 

I am service engineer, lives in Yishun, usually go West areas including Jurong Island and Tuas for jobs. Car for me is a necessity only cuz of this job. Besides buying new/resale, I also consider the option of renewing COE for another 10yrs. I always do servicing on time so no major repairs on engine so far. Previously did change out fuel pump and steering wheel bushing.

Will consider your sound advice. ^_^

This SE probably tries this a lot and gets away with it a lot.

Maybe it should be brought to the attention of his superiors because he is cheating customers.

If this is the first time this has happened and it is a genuine mistake then the superior can look over his past records and check how previous calculations were performed.

I thought as long as SE can help his car company earn $$, and the calculation method is agreed upon by buyer, it is not considered cheating? I bet his superiors will be happy too cuz they will also benefit from the extra $$

Fact that I escaped being his victim also implies some others actually fell into his trap, if they are first time new-car buyers and commit on the spot w/o doing further research..

It's all depends on your budget. If can loan lesser it will be good. As for the signal level, no it can't be change but you will get use to it after awhile.

Freebies will be like Window flim, dashcam, Motrex HU, floor mat, 1 year Rd TX and insurance

Thanks for replying. Yes, trying to keep the loan amount down - never good frens with bloodsucking banks. For 2 weeks probably always trigger wiper when signalling haha ><

For freebies, will consider window film, floor mat and the 1yr road tax n insurance more impt. ^^"

Thanks for replying. Yes, trying to keep the loan amount down - never good frens with bloodsucking banks. For 2 weeks probably always trigger wiper when signalling haha ><

For freebies, will consider window film, floor mat and the 1yr road tax n insurance more impt. ^^"

Yes true...first few days always happen to me. Now, getting use to it already.  [;)]

↡ Advertisement